Herald: Glint Legend Help

in Revenant

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

I’m looking for advice pertaining to two things with regards to using the Glint Legend: sustaining health and general healing, and managing energy costs.

1. Assuming I maintain 100% uptime in Glint, what are the best ways, through traits, weapons skills, and utility skills, to keep myself alive?

2. Assuming I maintain 100% uptime in Glint and hold a preference towards permafury, which upkeep skills should I use to repeatedly use weapon skills?

For background, my initial build is a full Berserker-based Devastation/Invocation/Herald setup, using sword/axe as primary and hammer as secondary.

(I’m at work, so I can’t upload a hyperlink. )

Thanks in advance!

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Well first of you shouldn’t stay in a single legend all the time quite like elementalist shouldn’t stay in a single attunement. Not swapping legends leads to a considerable waste of energy. For PvE rotations there is obals guide. For PvP use what legend is more convenient for the time and you’ll naturally swap frequently.

For sustain (for zerker) use blocks, evades. For traits assassins annihilation help you somewhat and for pve you can use vengeful hammers (Jalis).

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

1. Bring invigorating flow in the Invocation line , hardening persistence in the herald line. Use staff instead of sword if you want more sustain.
2. Upkeep and energy cost are not the same, you can pop the upkeep skill before 2 seconds and use close to no energy. I typically pop Facet of Elements for Elemental Blast and Facet of Strength for Burst of Strength. You can also pop Facet of Nature for One With Nature.

Is this for PvE, WvW, or PvE?

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in Revenant

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

This is for PvE.

As for #2, I should rephrase: Which upkeep skills would I benefit most from while maintaining enough energy regeneration (Probably two pips worth) to frequently use weapon skills?

in Revenant

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

I think you have a disconnect on how revenants works. You really want to get your energy down to zero, or close to it. Instead of sitting constantly in one stance.

For the simple reason, each time you swap legends, your energy is reset to 50.

In particular useful for Facet of nature, since running out of energy will give you a minor cd of a few seconds on it as it resets. Compared to consuming it, which will put it on full cooldown. Its the only way to get rid of active upkeep skills without putting them on full cooldown.