Herald Might Ramp-Up Time

in Revenant

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

I’ve been taking a look at the ramp-up time for Herald’s might and it’s actually pretty high. To get the most out of your might (at max you can pull ~10 stacks right now with 100% boon duration, base is around 5). It’s taking 15 to 30s and doesn’t synergize with the Shared Empowerment trait (1 might on ally when you give them a boon, 1s ICD).

At the moment, Shared Empowerment only gives around 3 might at max boon duration. Less without it, because of the ICD and the 3s Pulse on boons. You can kind of get around this by popping multiple Upkeeps, but this requires a lot of investment, is very hard to time and isn’t really worth the pay-off.

My suggestion is to lower the Boon Durations 1/3 and lower the Interval to 2s, instead of 3. This allows for better interaction with Shared Empowerment, in addition to a lower ramp-up time for the might generation (10 – 20s into a fight instead of 15 – 30).

This will also mean being boon-stripped isn’t quite as punishing. Right now being boonstripped on a Herald is quite punishing if it takes your might.

So to summarize

-Interval times for Boons are too high
-Might Ramp-Up time is far too long
-Boon Strip is too punishing
-Very poor interaction with Shared Empowerment
-Can be fixed by reducing the Interval/Boon Duration 1/3 or 2/3.

noice

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Might is fine, other professions have too much efficiency in stacking it. Might stacking should be a group effort that takes more than “drop lava font and blast it with a PS warrior nearby”.

It should be a serious effort in utility usage and trait/gear investment to allow a group the payoff of 25 might stacks.

Warriors and elementalists are a problem. Guardian and Rev got it right.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mercurius.7314

Mercurius.7314

Roy clarified in the thread about the ICD on Shared Empowerment but you count as an ally for the purposes of boon application to trigger the trait: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Please-remove-the-ICD-on-Shared-Empowerment/first#post5397877.

I think that might mean that you can use Impossible Odds (which applies quickness every 1 second while it’s active which is coincidentally the ICD for Shared Empowerment) at the start of the fight to get out a lot of shared might stacks quite quickly.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Keep in mind 6 stacks of might is 180 power which a lot of classes have as a permanent utility skill. Considering we need constant upkeep of energy on ours it’s very fair still. I’ll most likely not use it personally as I’d rather keep up fury with some regen in my energy.

in Revenant

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

I’m not really trying to address the amount of Might. I think the amount you’re getting is fine, it’s just the time it takes to get to the 5 stacks minimum is way too high.

15 seconds into a fight and you’ll get the 180 power, yet other classes and hell even the other boons are instantly fully effective. By reducing the Interval as well as the Might duration you’re still maintaining the amount of power (anywhere from 5 – 10 depending on boon duration), but just shortening the time it actually takes to get there.

15 seconds to get 5 might, or 30 seconds to get 10 might is pretty sucky.

noice

in Revenant

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I think OP is misdirected because they are looking at one way to get Might, but the classic Might stacking builds all have it coming in from multiple sources. It’s like the Engi trait Juggernaut. It is comparable to the Herald upkeep in terms of Might stacks (faster but it caps at about the same amount) but no one would say it’s bad at Might stacking. Many Might stack Engi builds use it because it is one source among many for Might stacking.

I believe if a Rev wanted to Might stack they could also get in the 20+ range that is the norm for these types of builds. Using a Might focused Rune with Sigil of Strength and some of the Might stacking traits certainly looks like it gets a Rev to that range without crippling the build overall. It’s still using Herald/Invocation/Devastation.

I want to be clear; I don’t disagree with you. The boon pulse of all the Herald upkeeps at 3s seems slow and specifically 1 stack of Might that you can’t even get to longer than 10s doesn’t seem meaningful in the grand scheme of things. Shared Empowerment especially seems weak, Roy talked about the ICD previously and it’s unlikely to be lowered so I think 2 Might stacks instead of 1 might be a solution.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Tbh I find perma fury + perma protection a lot more valuable from grp perspective On demand as well.