Herald, What rotation used in Glint/Shiro?

in Revenant

Posted by: Tiggers.3890

Tiggers.3890

I’m trying to work in Shiro and Glint I only have about 55% of herald unlocked. I’ve read that Shiro/Glint have some pretty great synergies but honestly I feel like I’m only in glint mode to wait for shiro to come back up again so i can swap to shiro and impossible odds again…

My understanding was that Glint was supposed to offer some personal defense increase as well as self/party buffs, which will carry over as i switch stances to shiro and now I have a bunch of buffs (+ a little more health from glint’s defensive abilities) that will hit harder. Then I rinse and repeat. So far that really hasn’t been happening for me. How do you guys play this?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Start autoattacking-

In Glint stance use f2+all the three utility. Let the energy run out (so the facet will deactivate without using the active, that will put the facet on CD)

Swap to Shiro. Use Impossible Odds (this will put you on quickness with all the major boon cumulated with glint resulting in some very good dps).

Swap to glint when out of energy and repeat.

During this rotation look for good moments to throw in Unrelenting assault (need spike or evade) and axe#4 (need gap close or little spike),#5(need CC).

Pretty easy. It seems dumb but since Rev is quite squishy with this build you have actually time to focus 100% on battle in order to move, dodge, react, like a thief!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Start autoattacking-

In Glint stance use f2+all the three utility. Let the energy run out (so the facet will deactivate without using the active, that will put the facet on CD)

Swap to Shiro. Use Impossible Odds (this will put you on quickness with all the major boon cumulated with glint resulting in some very good dps).

Swap to glint when out of energy and repeat.

During this rotation look for good moments to throw in Unrelenting assault (need spike or evade) and axe#4 (need gap close or little spike),#5(need CC).

Pretty easy. It seems dumb but since Rev is quite squishy with this build you have actually time to focus 100% on battle in order to move, dodge, react, like a thief!

I use shield over axe for a bit more survivability.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Revenant

Posted by: Seven.3916

Seven.3916

This is the build i pretty much use
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Power_Shiro

I dont use the same runes for armor as the Streanth and Holbrack ones are kinda expensive atm(for me anyway xD)
I also have Elder’s Force on instead.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

You must have missed this post:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Guide-DPS-Revenant-for-PVE/

The Herald rotation alternates between boon stacking and bursting. The hardest part of the rotation is pushing 5 buttons as fast as possible after swapping to Glint. You activate every Facet except the ultimate to set up an intentional energy drain, necessary to automatically deactivate Facet of Nature before swapping back to Shiro. As Obal’s guide explains several times, energy drain is the only way to deactivate Facet of Nature without triggering the CD. Think of Infuse Light as a super-block skill that usually restores you to full health. I’m not using the other active utilities that much, although using Elemental Blast at the end of the Glint rotation would add some DPS. Also, be sure to take the time to activate Enchanted Daggers in Shiro, as it provides a lot of sustain and a DPS increase .

in Revenant

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

The hardest part of the rotation is pushing 5 buttons as fast as possible after swapping to Glint.

I just macro all the button presses to one of my mouse buttons.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Now if only there as a thread with GUIDE in the name, on the front page, or something…

in Revenant

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

The hardest part of the rotation is pushing 5 buttons as fast as possible after swapping to Glint.

I just macro all the button presses to one of my mouse buttons.

Ofc, Brazil does not approve.