Herald day one?

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

If I use scrolls going straight to 80, and only unlock 2 trait lines, and only Jalis skills, will I have enough left over to unlock the glint skills, and glint trait line? I understand 400 is needed to unlock everything but I personally am in 0 rush for the shield or shoulders or anything but the glint skills.

Any ideas if it’s possible without farming hero points for just what I was looking for?

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

If you use tomes you unlock everything that’s considered ‘core’. After that it’s 400 hero points for the elite spec.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Tomtue.6072

Tomtue.6072

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/elite-specializations-how-many-hero-points/page/6#post5627999

because of that, it’ll be much work to unlock herald on day 1. You would have to do about 40 HoT Hero challenges.

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Befriend a Mesmer now, so they can portal you to those difficult Hero challenges worth 10 points each in the Jungle.

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

If you only spend enough hero points to make your build, leaving a gap for Glint, you’ll definitely have enough to spend on Glint.

If you spend enough hero points to make a complete build regardless of Glint, you will probably still have enough left to spend on Glint.

If you buy all possible traits and skills you should not have enough left to spend on Glint.

This is all guesswork, but it’s educated guesswork

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: jubov.2037

jubov.2037

You can’t unlock Glint, unless you have unlocked ALL of the core specs/traits/skills.

EDIT

Unlocking your elite spec is a training line in your training panel that costs hero points. You do need to have trained all the existing training lines before you’re allowed to put hero points into your elite spec.

(edited by jubov.2037)

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

You can’t unlock Glint, unless you have unlocked ALL of the core specs/traits/skills.

EDIT

Unlocking your elite spec is a training line in your training panel that costs hero points. You do need to have trained all the existing training lines before you’re allowed to put hero points into your elite spec.

That is so extremely lame. I personally do not like revenant very much but loved herald. So I’m basically stuck doing an insane grind with a class I don’t like, being forced to do content on a character I don’t like, then unlock I character I do like but can’t redo hero points with a class I want to do it on

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

EDIT

That is so extremely lame. I personally do not like revenant very much but loved herald. So I’m basically stuck doing an insane grind with a class I don’t like, being forced to do content on a character I don’t like, then unlock I character I do like but can’t redo hero points with a class I want to do it on

It’s not insane, just more involved then others. Think of this as time to learn how to play with other legends then Glint.

Also, Welcome to Every MMO, Every RPG, ever made to date.

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Kal Spiro.9745

Well, I was coming in to edit my post with that, but of course someone always beats me to it

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/elite-specializations-how-many-hero-points/page/6#post5627999

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Kal Spiro.9745

EDIT

None of that made sense.
Make a Revenant. Tome it to 80. Spend points on all traits (possibly all skills too) Better if you don’t have to do the skills. But we’ll find out.

Anyway you will still have left over points, put those points into Herald. Now you’re a Herald, at least a little. Just play a Herald and earn points in HoT toward finishing Herald.

If you don’t have to spend points on skills, then you’re in an even better position.

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

im only annoyed by this because I think rev is kind of sucky without Glint, but whatever, it is what it is

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

EDIT

How is it insane grind? How is it anymore different than levelling to new cap in other games? 40 Challenges is no biggie. No freebies here.

You have no idea what insane grind is. Ever played older Korean MMOs ? :P

You also only need 60 Hero Points to unlock Herald Line and 400 for full unlock

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

EDIT

I have different experience on the other hand. I prefer base rev and Shiro+Jalis as Jalis feels much more fun for me to play but till they dont get him right i will be stuck with Glint. Theres something wrong when youre forced to take elite spec which was olny supposed to alter playstyle..

At least i did read that we gain 10 points per hero challenge in jungle. Theres also runes/skins etc in Herald so overall cost is lower than 400. Maybe it wont be too bad

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Do we have to unlock herald for pvp too? Or do we have access to everything immediately like we do with core specs?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

EDIT

None of that made sense.
Make a Revenant. Tome it to 80. Spend points on all traits (possibly all skills too) Better if you don’t have to do the skills. But we’ll find out.

Anyway you will still have left over points, put those points into Herald. Now you’re a Herald, at least a little. Just play a Herald and earn points in HoT toward finishing Herald.

If you don’t have to spend points on skills, then you’re in an even better position.

Unlocking every skill and trait will be required before you can spend anything towards glint. So being level 80 sadly would mean no left over HP

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I wish they’d tell us how many points we need to unlock all the skills and traits. The fluff items I can wait for, but I do want my full Herald unlocked as soon as possible.

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I wish they’d tell us how many points we need to unlock all the skills and traits. The fluff items I can wait for, but I do want my full Herald unlocked as soon as possible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ph2e1/today_we_will_be_looking_at_the_profession/cw6gt87

From what it sounds like you need to basically unlock things in chunks. So one chunk mentioned is it’ll be 60 points to unlock the Specialization (at least first minor trait, and at least ability to equip shield). Another chunk could be required to unlock the Legend and all Utilities. Another chunk could be required to unlock the remaining traits. Another chunk required for the Herald Shoulder piece.

From there’s it’s just an assessment of the options available. If it takes 160 or 200 skill points to unlock Utilities then getting Traveler’s Runes and using those instead is pretty solid. Conversely if it’s something like 100 points to unlock Herald and we get Glint legend with Swiftness it might be feasible to ride that out.

In either case, depending on what you define as “a day of playing” it is more than possible to get Herald on day one. By that I mean if you put in 2 hours, probably not. You put in 8, 12 or 18 it’s pretty feasible. What I am sure is people going to kitten the hell out of it, come up with an “optimal” route and it’ll eventually be plastered everywhere so it’s kinda not worth worrying about even if you do play fairly casual.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Do we have to unlock herald for pvp too? Or do we have access to everything immediately like we do with core specs?

I think they said elite specs would be unlocked for pvp.

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: Tomtue.6072

Tomtue.6072

What benefit do you have from unlocking the herald just a little bit? In order to use it, you must still choose the trait line. But then you will have only the first minor trait. So taking one of the other trait lines (which you must have unlocked completely at this point) will be much more effective. You wouldn’t even have skills to use in the Dragon stance other then maybe F2.
All you could do with a Herald without spending a huge amount of hero points ist using the shield. Which is, at least in my opinion, not worth sacrficing a fully unlocked traitline for it.
So until you unlocked herald to 90% or so…. using it won’t be a good option.

Herald day one?

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ph2e1/today_we_will_be_looking_at_the_profession/cw6gt87

From what it sounds like you need to basically unlock things in chunks. So one chunk mentioned is it’ll be 60 points to unlock the Specialization (at least first minor trait, and at least ability to equip shield). Another chunk could be required to unlock the Legend and all Utilities. Another chunk could be required to unlock the remaining traits. Another chunk required for the Herald Shoulder piece.

From there’s it’s just an assessment of the options available. If it takes 160 or 200 skill points to unlock Utilities then getting Traveler’s Runes and using those instead is pretty solid. Conversely if it’s something like 100 points to unlock Herald and we get Glint legend with Swiftness it might be feasible to ride that out.

In either case, depending on what you define as “a day of playing” it is more than possible to get Herald on day one. By that I mean if you put in 2 hours, probably not. You put in 8, 12 or 18 it’s pretty feasible. What I am sure is people going to kitten the hell out of it, come up with an “optimal” route and it’ll eventually be plastered everywhere so it’s kinda not worth worrying about even if you do play fairly casual.

Traveler Runes are double the price of Speed Runes and not worth for the Duration until you unlock the Perma Swiftness. (unless you intend to Keep them of course).