Herald sudddelny don't look that promesing

in Revenant

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Herald suddenly don’t look that promising because :
In order to become meta support we need Facet of Nature in order to stack effectively Might and I still doubt if we can manage to do it now .

So facet of Nature -2 energy what other facets are worth using? Facet Of Darkness -2 Facet of strength -2 and Facet of Chaos -5 in total -11
lets remove well…… Facet of nature ? but I doubt that we will even stack 10 might without it so now without facet of nature we have -9

But S/s skill 2 cost 5 energy skill 3 15 energy skill 4 10 + 10 energy skill 5 15

Thinking about it now Boon master doesn’t seems that good any more because you are restricted only to use Auto Attack

Am I right ?
Now Warrior
Battle Standard for 60 sec Furry Might stacking and Swiftness ?… and best in game revive Utility
For Great Justice 8 sec Fury with 25 sec CD +3 Might
Banners !70 Precision 170 Ferocity 170 power for 90 sec with 120 CD Also All banners are blast finishers ….
And warrior is free to use all his skills without any limitations
Thinking about it now Herald Boon Master isn’t that attractive …

What you guys think?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

No, you are not. You’re making the same mistake that 50% of this subforum makes. You’re thinking as we have 5 utility skills and we have to avoid spending all our energy, or we are supposed to camp one legend. Same reason why people ask for energy regen skills (when we already have a huge one).

Nothing bad happens if you consume all your energy, just legendswap. Bad management is when you consume all of it before swap cd is ready or if you end up being unable to use a skill you wanted to use. And actually a worse management is not swapping legend at all.
We even have Facet of Nature regardless of legend so we can boon support after swap.

You could activate all your facets and keep them active for more then 10 seconds, then legendswap being able to use 5 new skills with no cd and 50 energy to use, then activate Nature 2nd effect and give even more boons for free. Your other legend can be Mallyx to heal conditions on allies, Jalis to support with stability or Dwarf Rite (50% damage reduction, stacking with Protection for 80% reduction), Ventari to heal and support even more, or Shiro to do more damage and CC.

That’s just an example and a BAD way to use Glint, but it should be enough to prove that you’re not limited in any way.

You need damage? Activate Might and Fury facets, maybe also Nature. You need to survive? Activate Regen and Protection facets. At -1 pip it takes 100 seconds to run out of energy. That is a huge amount of time.
And of course, you’re free to spam weaponskills as any other class. If your energy is over just legendswap. If you have almost 0 energy and you still want to use Glint for healing, then deactivate a facet and doubletap the healing one, it only requires 1 energy lol.

And if you only use the upkeep passive effect, then you legendswap, you don’t eve have CD on the facet when you swap back.

People say “we need energy regen skills” basically because they want to camp 1 single legend instead of managing 10 skills, but that’s the whole point of being a Revenant. Legendswap IS the class mechanic. I’ll kick from my group any Revenant that doesn’t legendswap at least 2 times every minute, lol.

If you don’t legendswap, then your energy and skill throughput is objectively way lower then how it should be.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

I think the point of the Herald is essentially “Burst Boons”. Warrior can’t throw out as many different useful long duration boons at once in a quick burst, and a herald still maintains the ability to swap to any other Legend to provide damage, or even healing or tanking if they really are making those roles viable like it seems they are. You also have to remember that Herald can increase the duration of boons significantly – not just those coming from him, but those coming from others, and that is VERY powerful, especially when you stack that with War and/or Ele might stacking. I reckon Herald can probably do all this and still perhaps be more tanky with the shield skills and the ability to legend swap.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Revenant

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

No, you are not. You’re making the same mistake that 50% of this subforum makes. You’re thinking as we have 5 utility skills and we have to avoid spending all our energy, or we are supposed to camp one legend. Same reason why people ask for energy regen skills (when we already have a huge one).

Nothing bad happens if you consume all your energy, just legendswap. Bad management is when you consume all of it before swap cd is ready or if you end up being unable to use a skill you wanted to use. And actually a worse management is not swapping legend at all.
We even have Facet of Nature regardless of legend so we can boon support after swap.

You could Activate all your facets and keep them active for more then 10 seconds, then legendswap being able to use 5 new skills with no cd and 50 energy to use, then activate Nature 2nd effect and give even more boons for free. Your other legend can be Mallyx to heal conditions on allies, Jalis to support with stability or Dwarf Rite (50% damage reduction, stacking with Protection for 80% reduction), Ventari to heal and support even more, or Shiro to do more damage and CC.

That’s just an example and a BAD way to use Glint, but it should be enough to prove that you’re not limited in any way.

You need damage? Activate Might and Fury facets, maybe also Nature. You need to survive? Activate Regen and Protection facets. At -1 pip it takes 100 seconds to run out of energy. That is a huge amount of time.
And of course, you’re free to spam weaponskills as any other class. If your energy is over just legendswap. If you have almost 0 energy and you still want to use Glint for healing, then deactivate a facet and doubletap the healing one, it only requires 1 energy lol.

And if you only use the upkeep passive effect, then you legendswap, you don’t eve have CD on the facet when you swap back.

People say “we need energy regen skills” basically because they want to camp 1 single legend instead of managing 10 skills, but that’s the whole point of being a Revenant. Legendswap IS the class mechanic. I’ll kick from my group any Revenant that doesn’t legendswap at least 2 times every minute, lol.

If you don’t legendswap, then your energy and skill throughput is objectively way lower then how it should be.

Thanks this was helpful

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

You could activate all your facets and keep them active for more then 10 seconds, then legendswap being able to use 5 new skills with no cd and 50 energy to use, then activate Nature 2nd effect and give even more boons for free. Your other legend can be Mallyx to heal conditions on allies, Jalis to support with stability or Dwarf Rite (50% damage reduction, stacking with Protection for 80% reduction), Ventari to heal and support even more, or Shiro to do more damage and CC.

I think you have a bit of a distorted view on how Legends work, and Legendswap as a mechanic, but honestly I don’t feel like arguing with you on this. Ultimately, we’ll just end up agreeing to disagree.

So….. I disagree with you.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I think you have a bit of a distorted view on how Legends work, and Legendswap as a mechanic, but honestly I don’t feel like arguing with you on this. Ultimately, we’ll just end up agreeing to disagree.

Regardless of agreement, I’d very much like to read another point of view.

Even if legendswapping often (but not necessarily on cd) gives more energy throughput (and this is not an opinion, it’s like that, period), it may not be the best or the only strategy.

I was simply replying to this thread with concerns about skill throughput with energy compared to energy-less classes, I wasn’t suggesting the best way to play Revenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Even if legendswapping often (but not necessarily on cd) gives more energy throughput (and this is not an opinion, it’s like that, period), it may not be the best or the only strategy.

I was simply replying to this thread with concerns about skill throughput with energy compared to energy-less classes, I wasn’t suggesting the best way to play Revenant.

I think its the people in the middle ground you’re not understanding. People who like to legendswap, just not purely for the energy regain. People wanna switch for the right situations, so they can be ready to counter.

But i didnt find much trouble maintaining energy, and when i was low i did just switch legends . . but that shouldn’t be your main reason to switch

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I’m not talking about survivability here, but about best damage output.
Excluding Herald, there is nothing better then Shiro -> Impossible Odds for 6-9 seconds (6 if you use UA) -> swap to Mallyx -> Embrace the Darkness for 10 seconds -> swap and repeat.

Of course in real fight situations you may want to manage it differently, but it’s not the best theoretical way.

There must be balance in everything. A moderate energy use still has to lead to 0 energy sooner or later to be optimal, so that you have to legendswap to regain it.

If you’re not doing it, then you’re simply not using enough skills compared to your max.

Another example (excluding upkeeps for semplicity) may be (both starting from 100):

• case 1: Enchanted Daggers, Phase Traversal, Jade Winds, Grasping Shadow -> swap -> Unrelenting Assault and 35 energy.
  • case 2: Enchanted Daggers, Grasping Shadow, Unrelenting Assault and 40 energy.

In both cases you end up with about the same amount of energy, but in the first case you’re able to use 2 more very expensive skills, that could be replaced by 5 weaponskills.
So you can’t really deny that a wise use of legendswap is better then simply waiting for the stun to break.

Also legendswap on cd is 60% Fury uptime for free. I’m not saying to use it on cd, but saving it is not wiser.

This is even better now that Herald is out, because legendswap can also be used to put down Facets without triggering the cd, and also when you swap to Glint you can slowly regain energy while having 1-2 upkeeps, load boons, then swap to Shiro to burst with Facet of Nature and all the accumulated boons (if you have some boon duration you can stack boons on Glint).

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Zev.3407

I’m not talking about survivability here, but about best damage output.
Excluding Herald, there is nothing better then Shiro -> Impossible Odds for 6-9 seconds (6 if you use UA) -> swap to Mallyx -> Embrace the Darkness for 10 seconds -> swap and repeat.

Of course in real fight situations you may want to manage it differently, but it’s not the best theoretical way.

There must be balance in everything. A moderate energy use still has to lead to 0 energy sooner or later to be optimal, so that you have to legendswap to regain it.

If you’re not doing it, then you’re simply not using enough skills compared to your max.

Another example (excluding upkeeps for semplicity) may be (both starting from 100):

• case 1: Enchanted Daggers, Phase Traversal, Jade Winds, Grasping Shadow -> swap -> Unrelenting Assault and 35 energy.
  • case 2: Enchanted Daggers, Grasping Shadow, Unrelenting Assault and 40 energy.

In both cases you end up with about the same amount of energy, but in the first case you’re able to use 2 more very expensive skills, that could be replaced by 5 weaponskills.
So you can’t really deny that a wise use of legendswap is better then simply waiting for the stun to break.

Also legendswap on cd is 60% Fury uptime for free. I’m not saying to use it on cd, but saving it is not wiser.

This is even better now that Herald is out, because legendswap can also be used to put down Facets without triggering the cd, and also when you swap to Glint you can slowly regain energy while having 1-2 upkeeps, load boons, then swap to Shiro to burst with Facet of Nature and all the accumulated boons (if you have some boon duration you can stack boons on Glint).

ya i think the people who disagree with you are people who care more about pvp than pve, where highest damage output just doesnt work the same agaisnt humans, and survivability factors in. Legendswap too soon just for energy can get you killed in certain situations.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I’ve seen many pvp and wvw videos, and in all of them people were swapping pretty often, not on cd, but often. You can never do enough utility skills AND also use weaponskills at the moment if you don’t legendswap.

in Revenant

Zev.3407

I’ve seen many pvp and wvw videos, and in all of them people were swapping pretty often, not on cd, but often. You can never do enough utility skills AND also use weaponskills at the moment if you don’t legendswap.

Your being to black and white about this, theres a gray area. I never said to not weapon swap, i do it frequently. I said for the main reason to weapon swap just for the energy regain is a bad. swapping to use the other heals/utilities is good and that what im saying is good. Not saying doing that isn’t quick, cus it is. I’m referring to why u swapo not how frequent or when, (cus usually its very often)

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

No, I’m saying it is grey. And yeah, of course you also swap to stunbreak, doubleheal and so on. That’s another reason to swap even more often then only when the energy needs it.

What I’m saying is that it’s a bad idea to camp a legend and WAIT for energy.
We have legendswap and 10 skills for a reason. We’re not a 5 skills class.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Zev.3407

No, I’m saying it is grey. And yeah, of course you also swap to stunbreak, doubleheal and so on. That’s another reason to swap even more often then only when the energy needs it.

What I’m saying is that it’s a bad idea to camp a legend and WAIT for energy.
We have legendswap and 10 skills for a reason. We’re not a 5 skills class.

I know i agreed with you on that, thats why im confused why you keep replying to me in a disagreeing manner :P

in Revenant

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

I just still don’t see legend swaping as a valid mechanic to get energy back. It would work if we had many more legends to pick 2 from. That way if I want to do 2 dps legends i can instead of I am in shiro putting down some pressure and I get low on energy. Now I am forced to swap into a non dps legend for 10 seconds to get energy back.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I just still don’t see legend swaping as a valid mechanic to get energy back. It would work if we had many more legends to pick 2 from. That way if I want to do 2 dps legends i can instead of I am in shiro putting down some pressure and I get low on energy. Now I am forced to swap into a non dps legend for 10 seconds to get energy back.

Energy is not only used for utility skills.
You can use the energy from the other legend only for weaponskills and haling, then swap again.

Also every legend has good damaging skills except Ventari.
Both Shiro, Jalis, Glint and Mallyx have dps upkeeps to boost your weaponskills while you wait cd to go back to your first legend.
So I don’t really know what you’re talking about.

We actually have 2-3 dps legends, but that also depends on the weapon and gear you’re using.

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

From a PvE perspective, Legend swapping felt like it was to be used for both new utilities and energy replenish.

For the most part I would kick off my upkeeps on Shiro and Mallyx for DPS and swap from one legend to another for the energy refill. Otherwise, the other tactic in a tougher fight would be to stock up on energy and save it for particular skill usage and swap to each Legend for their specific utility.

Ventari was the only Legend that did not offer any DPS, but the other 3 Legends did offer DPS in their own way. So, to me, I was slotting Legends pre-fight based on what utility they offer. Beyond that Sword/Axe for most everything and pick my weapon swap depending on what I need.

With regards to OP’s concern: Herald upkeep is no different than upkeep on other Legends. If your upkeep is draining too much of your energy too fast you’re going to burn out. So rather than popping every single skill use the ones that you need.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I think ultimately people are going to do the math and see that the upkeep benefits on the Herald aren’t as good as they appear.

For example we regen, at base, 5 energy a second. This energy regen will compete with every ability we have that takes up energy to do DPS. So Coalescence of Ruin takes 5 energy every 2 seconds, or around 2.5 energy per second. So lets assume that even at perfect maximum range this deals roughly 6k damage on average (crit, non crit) that’s 3k damage a second for 2.5 energy on a single target up to a maximum of 15k damage for a full AOE.

Now when you look at something like a Glint Aura, that means something like Facet of Strength has to add 2.4k – 12k DPS (2 energy a second is only 80% of 2.5) depending on the scenario to be on par with simply spamming Coalescence of Ruin with the same energy. When you start to look at more complex scenarios like Mace Fire+Blast combos also giving stacks of Area Might for what amounts to 1.67 Energy a second (Searing Fissure) and 0.62 Energy a second (Echoing Eruption) plus whatever damage they generate it really becomes suspect very quickly.

The ultimate result of having a limited resource pool is there will always be a best way to spend it and with Herald the upkeep skills have to compete with Weapon Skills for energy (and truth is they’ll likely lose).

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I’d agree with you Kodiak if Facet were only on yourself, but they’re AOE. Having a Herald in the group basically means permanent Fury/Might/Regen/Protection for the whole group.

Glint is not supposed to boost your own dps, Shiro is. Glint is a support legend.

Shiro -> dps, cc
Jalis -> tank, dps, condi cleanse
Mallyx -> condi management, dps
Ventari -> selfless heal, condi cleanse, party-wide boons, cc
Glint -> party-wide boons, dps, cc

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I think its the people in the middle ground you’re not understanding. People who like to legendswap, just not purely for the energy regain. People wanna switch for the right situations, so they can be ready to counter.

But i didnt find much trouble maintaining energy, and when i was low i did just switch legends . . but that shouldn’t be your main reason to switch

Exactly this. It’s tiring to read every single thread where people have even the slightest concern about energy consumption, and to read the same response from the same person over and over. The “everything is fine, you’re just playing wrong” approach is defeatist. All of us want what’s best for the class.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Revenant

savacli.8172

The selling factor on the Herald upkeeps is the ‘group’ feature of it. Had the boons been for selfish use the Spec would have been a toss. The biggest advantage I see of Herald is that you can get an additional boon duration of 65% (Facet of Nature/Energy of Sustenance) so after a few pulses of the Facets you can trigger their active effects while still having leftover timers on the boons you already applied. The boon duration can also extend to other Legends’ skills as well (Resistance on Mallyx, Stab on Jalis, Might/Quickness on Shiro, etc).

For short fights it may be more advantageous to just burst active effects right off the bat for a more immediate impact (you would be cooldown oriented like other classes rather than energy oriented). Though for longer fights it would be a matter of energy management of “how long can I keep pulsing this boon before I need to swap to something else?”

Edit: Impossible odds can’t be used with Nature facet (dat -10 cap)

(edited by savacli.8172)

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

I’d agree with you Kodiak if Facet were only on yourself, but they’re AOE. Having a Herald in the group basically means permanent Fury/Might/Regen/Protection for the whole group.

Actually this is irrelevant.

Lets say with a group of 5 you deal, collectively, 30k DPS, each member capable of dishing out 6k DPS a person. Now lets say with the Herald you’re only able to deal 1k DPS because all you’re left with is auto attacks and the ocassional skill while giving boons. That means the total net boost of your Boons needs to be 5k DPS to the rest of your party to be on par with you doing pure damage at 6k. Simply adding Fury and Might alone aren’t enough to accomplish this in most cases.

Also it doesn’t mean anything of the sort. At 5 Energy regen a second, you are looking at -5 Energy generation to permanently maintain those auras. Anyone with experience with Shiro and Impossible Odds will tell you that -5 Energy drains rather fast and is far from Permanent. Even if you drain yourself from 100 to 0, then swap to another Legend, you are no longer maintaining these Boons which means at least 20 seconds down time to get back to Glint and to regen back up to 100 energy to repeat for another 20 seconds of Boons so at best you’re looking at a 50% up time due to energy management alone.

Again the numbers tell a different tale from how you’d like them to and realistically the loss of weapon damage shows that, ultimately, you’d ultimately bring more DPS for the group by focusing on damage with your energy than increasing their DPS.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

savacli.8172

Alrighty, let’s break this down.

Facet of Nature
Upkeep: -2
The small cost for an additional 50% boon duration party wide makes this facet very worthwhile. The fact that this Facet stays with you regardless of your Legend adds to the appeal as well. The active seems too situational since I can’t think of a need for a ‘burst’ of boons.

Facet of Light
Upkeep: -1
Very small upkeep cost for party wide regen. Though regen in it of itself is not all that great a boon but does add up in the long run (trickle heal). Active can be hard to manage as you ironically want to get hit to get more healing (Warriors may be experiencing deja vu right about now).

Facet of Darkness
While perma Fury is great to have this boon is generally better covered by other classes. The active seems like it would be great in PvP/WvW situations. Stun Breaker for this skill bar.

Facet of Elements
Upkeep: -1
Perma Swiftness. Yes. Especially for use out of combat. The Active seems a little random with its conditions applications and the pulsing feature is rather odd.

Facet of Strength
Factoring in Revenant only skills/traits you’re looking at a max of passive 9-10 might. Like Facet of Darkness, Might is generally better applied by other classes. The Active, however, seems to be very strong. Two swipes each dealing damage and applying 10 stacks of Vuln. All on a 15 cooldown. While other classes are better at applying Vuln, a Rev can use this skill as an opener while the other classes are ramping up their stacks.

Facet of Chaos
Upkeep: -5
Perma Protection at the cost of essentially not being able to regenerate your energy in combat. While I think the upkeep is a little too much I realize that the trade off of being able to shave off 33% damage is worth the cost. Active could do without the Launch feature, but the Superspeed and damage are decent.

Personally, the upkeep on the Nature Facet is seems like the winner here. Overall, the cost of most upkeeps is very small, and their actives have no cost but act like traditional cooldown skills. So, energy shouldn’t feel like it’s regularly going dry with proper management, and I do feel like Herald can still contribute a respectable amount of damage through weapon skills while passive tacking on boons to the team.

Note that any of these Facets lock us out of Impossible Odds due to the upkeep cap being -10 at most. Facet of Chaos will lock us out of being able to use non-Herald upkeeps.

As a PvE-er, I am looking at Herald primarily for its traits though and will probably continue with Shiro/Jalis as my go-to slotted legends (other Legends being situational).

in Revenant

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

You can use the energy from the other legend only for weaponskills and haling, then swap again.

Both Shiro, Jalis, Glint and Mallyx have dps upkeeps to boost your weaponskills while you wait cd to go back to your first legend.

We actually have 2-3 dps legends, but that also depends on the weapon and gear you’re using.

You keep saying DPS. I do not think that DPS means what you think it means. Nor can I agree with you because from my experience with the Rev so far is that Shiro is DPS, but only decent. Jalis, Mallyx, and Glint aren’t DPS legends, to boost that POV, Roy called Shiro the DPS legend. If the others were, they would have called the others DPS legends as well, but he didn’t… And if you think any besides Shiro are DPS legends then you don’t know what DPS refers to nor should anyone be listening to you talk about DPS.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

This is why I say, the only way to play Rev in PvP is using Condition build. All else requires too much burst energy to be effective in staying alive while still being a killer threat.

GG

in Revenant

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

You keep saying DPS. I do not think that DPS means what you think it means. Nor can I agree with you because from my experience with the Rev so far is that Shiro is DPS, but only decent. Jalis, Mallyx, and Glint aren’t DPS legends, to boost that POV, Roy called Shiro the DPS legend. If the others were, they would have called the others DPS legends as well, but he didn’t… And if you think any besides Shiro are DPS legends then you don’t know what DPS refers to nor should anyone be listening to you talk about DPS.

But Mallyx is a 10% boost to all stats while you’re using the Elite. That’s a pretty hefty DPS boost.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

[…]my experience with the Rev so far is that Shiro is DPS, but only decent. Jalis, Mallyx, and Glint aren’t DPS legends, to boost that POV, Roy called Shiro the DPS legend.[…]

In the last beta Jalis upkeep actually did almost the same dps as Impossibe Odds. The damage on zerk build was insane, plus it was aoe.

Glint with perma Fury and 6-15 Might can boost up your damage a lot, expecially if you are alone.

Mallyx has a +10% in all stats upkeep + condi transfer. That alone is more then +20% damage increase on zerk builds, that actually stacks with external Might and Quickness. With a Mesmer/Guardian in the group, Mallyx and Jalis were the best dps legends in the last beta.

Each legend with a mh sword or hammer can do huge numbers. In a group Shiro is one of the weakest actually if you’re going in a meta group.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Ark Bladesteele.2943

[…]my experience with the Rev so far is that Shiro is DPS, but only decent. Jalis, Mallyx, and Glint aren’t DPS legends, to boost that POV, Roy called Shiro the DPS legend.[…]

In the last beta Jalis upkeep actually did almost the same dps as Impossibe Odds. The damage on zerk build was insane, plus it was aoe.

Glint with perma Fury and 6-15 Might can boost up your damage a lot, expecially if you are alone.

Mallyx has a +10% in all stats upkeep + condi transfer. That alone is more then +20% damage increase on zerk builds, that actually stacks with external Might and Quickness. With a Mesmer/Guardian in the group, Mallyx and Jalis were the best dps legends in the last beta.

Each legend with a mh sword or hammer can do huge numbers. In a group Shiro is one of the weakest actually if you’re going in a meta group.

Why bother bringing up the previous beta at all? If you include the changes, it’s not nearly as DPS-capable as it was before. Strictly speaking: being able to use IR less, VH receiving a 70% damage reduction. It’s slotting more into its defensive stance now which is probably where it should be.

That garbage elite has gotta go, though. And the 50 energy taunt is a waste of a skill slot. I’ll never use it with that energy cost.

I still think you don’t really understand what DPS means. Was the damage pretty good on IR and VH? Yeah, sure. It was okay. But it certainly wasn’t equal to the amount of pain you could deal with IO and JW.

And what on earth is your “meta group” in this example? What game mode? What meta? If you’re putting Rev into it, it’s no longer meta. No meta comp currently exists for Rev, and if it did you’re not really taking into account what spec the Rev is running, what specs the others are running, etc. Again, what meta?

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

in Revenant

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

At least for PvE, Hearld’s job is to give the mightstacking a +50% duration and maybe add Protection or Fury. Don’t worry about stacking the Might itself, you have Warriors and Eles for that. But that +50% duration means you don’t have to re-stack mid-fight.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Why bother bringing up the previous beta at all?

He said “my experience with the Rev so far”, I was replying. Don’t remove posts from their context.

And actually IO is simply a waste of energy if you’re under an external source of quickness, while the other core upkeeps do stack with that.

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

So for the trivial amount of time that other classes can give other players Quickness (as most sources are self only) you keep IO off toggle and regen Energy and then flip it back on? Seems pretty obvious how to use this stuff and have it be superior to the Herald boons.

As Drarnor stated, only real use for Herald is pretty much +Boon duration.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Ark Bladesteele.2943

He said “my experience with the Rev so far”, I was replying. Don’t remove posts from their context.

And actually IO is simply a waste of energy if you’re under an external source of quickness, while the other core upkeeps do stack with that.

Didn’t you just.. quote me out of context? Yeah, you did.

Don’t remove posts from their context.

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Facet of Chaos will lock us out of being able to use non-Herald upkeeps.

As far as I remember, Upkeeps end as soon as you leave their Stance. So basically, Glint will lock us out of being able to use non-Glint upkeeps.

(edited by NapTooN.6283)

in Revenant

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Yeah I can’t say I was honestly that impressed with the herald. It looked a bit dull. Don’t know if I’ll use it. I plan on running Sinister on my revenant with Shiro and Mallyx. Basically the Bad Guys set and Herald doesn’t seem to offer much. The Fact of nature looks cool, but I don’t know if I really want to sacrifice a specialization for it. I kinda don’t.

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

As far as I remember, Upkeeps end as soon as you leave their Stance. So basically, Glint will lock us out of being able to use non-Glint upkeeps.

Yes but all the activated abilities all have a 20+ second cool down so it’s faster to swap out of Glint, wait 10 seconds (10s now between legends no matter what) and then swap back than it is to blow the cool down to cancel an effect.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

savacli.8172

Facet of Chaos will lock us out of being able to use non-Herald upkeeps.

Good catch, forgot about that.

Overall, I don’t feel much need for slotting in Glint as a Legend, but the traits in the Spec are very favorable. Currently I use Devastation, Invocation, and Corruption. I’m considering dropping Corruption in favor or the Herald Spec for the Facet of Nature F key and the +2% damage per boon GM. The other traits in the Spec help survivability overall.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bindaeyen.9613

Bindaeyen.9613

It’s not out of context, you keep bringing up Jalis as a viable DPS legend when they’ve specifically said that Jalis felt too DPS heavy and will be changed accordingly.

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

63 healing with cleric amulet..OP scaling. Personally i dont think that damage nerf was justiced all that much..It had some damage, but it was still fairy weak.

What i would like to add..overall it seems revenant is build on a completely new system.

Glint is pretty much support oriented and will be a nice legend to pair with Ventari.
Then we have Jalis for some tankiness, Mallyx for condi and Shiro for dps.
Most likely future elite spec will be aimed towards these directions to give us possibility to go full tank, full condi, full dps.

Attachments:

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

That hammer heal is just icing on the cake.

it’s not that bad. They still reduce DD and Condi dmg by 20% and can be combined with Protection. HEal has no ICD and with 2 hammers you hit once per 0,5s or so so ~106 heal per sec per target. It’s not a lot but in the long run with regen, heal on being hit, siphon from shiro (2 passives, 300-400 1s icd one and ~63 no icd one) it should be decent.

I am curious how will hammers interact with shiro’s grandmaster minor siphon with no icd small bits together can be quite decent.