How can Ventari compete with Druid?

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Q:

In what situation would you ever take Ventari over a druid?

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

A:

Druid is more about burst healing in key moments as it takes a while to build up astral force to enter celestial avatar, Ventari is more about sustain healing.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I would say that Rev has access to more wide range of support but honestly, Why WOULD you ever take rev over a druid for support roles?

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

None. But revenant wasn’t designed for being good to something but for touch to all= Jack of all trades. Others classes do better that revenant but can"t be versatile like the revenant is.

in Revenant

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

Ventari could be off healing support or perhaps just go tank or dps I know I will.

in Revenant

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

None. But revenant wasn’t designed for being good to something but for touch to all= Jack of all trades. Others classes do better that revenant but can"t be versatile like the revenant is.

Lets not mistake jake of all trades for “possible for all, viable for none”

Lunar Fighter

in Revenant

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Apart from better survivability and more boons-support oriënted in combination with a significant healing output to druid? Nah, probably it can’t.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Ventari has more direct healing to allies. We’re still crowned kings of outgoing healing modifiers.

But Druid looks awesome, too! Will surely check it out.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Druid is far and away a lot better than Ventari for support. But really, there were very few people who were genuinely going to use Ventari anyway.

I guess it’ll just be useful when you don’t have a druid on hand.

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Ventari just got pawned by the Druid, plain and simple!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

Ventari has a 20s projectile block.

in Revenant

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Ventari has a 20s projectile block.

Yeah, and druid turns projectiles into healing.

Lunar Fighter

in Revenant

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Most likely Ventari could come into play if the Druid needs help, goes down or gets disabled in some way.

To a degree sort of like in FF14, the summoner class is not suggested to carry swift cast + a revive skill, but REQUIRED by most serious groups as they can save a group from an instant wipe if a healer goes down, or a DPS does something stupid and gets killed and the healer is too busy with everyone else to take the time to revive that DPS.

in Revenant

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Why not both???

They both could be teamed up to create so much healing, jesus would be jealous

in Revenant

Demented Yak.6105

Why not both???

They both could be teamed up to create so much healing, jesus would be jealous

Or you could have two druids.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

in Revenant

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

I would expect alot of the healing to be toned down from the Druid, it’s just way over the top from what i’ve seen during the stream.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Druid doesnt bring any damage. Its pure healing bot. Ventari rev is far superior in this case, espesially with projectile block. Unlike druids we also bring tons of boons from Glint.

I fail to see how druid is even close to rev. People been screaming about berserker being op too.. yeah i guess.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Druid is more about burst healing in key moments as it takes a while to build up astral force to enter celestial avatar, Ventari is more about sustain healing.

Anyway, I demand more love for Ventari!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

I rather see it the other way around:
Ventari is limited to a small pool of energy with a nice on demand burst healing, while not really healing much over a large duration of time since you would run out of energy quickly.
While Druid can basically heal already quite good with just the weapon skills already and provides for a nice burst but also quite long burst healing after building up astral force.

in Revenant

Demented Yak.6105

Ventari is limited to a small pool of energy with a nice on demand burst healing, while not really healing much over a large duration of time since you would run out of energy quickly.
While Druid can basically heal already quite good with just the weapon skills already and provides for a nice burst but also quite long burst healing after building up astral force.

I also see it this way.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I also see it this way.

+3

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

But he has healing on almost everything. Astral Form or not.

Also how is it that Scrapper who was said to be Lockdown character has less lockdown than Druid?

How come Astral Form removes 13 conditions and legend just 1:P Maybe up to 2 ?XD

Anyways I am sure Druid will be nerfed because 3s aoe daze on 5s CD is… nuts on a class not based on energy. That’s pretty much Jade Winds right there without dmg and cost ;p Jade Winds got 5s CD too now.

Anyways not too bothered about Druid vs Ventari because Vent healing is super strong as well and with herald he has a lot of boon ukeep – something Druid does not have. I am however bothered a lot due to Scrapper vs Druid being worlds apart. engie suffers due to toolbelt now or so it feels.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

Vent has really good upkeep healing. Also his Regeneration due to outgoing healing % is crazy.

Druid can spam more healing skills but lacks otgoing healing% of Ventari and regeneration.

I think both are crazy good tbh. Druid has more going for it though due to astral form. Rev is still top notch.

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

Vent has really good upkeep healing. Also his Regeneration due to outgoing healing % is crazy.

Druid can spam more healing skills but lacks otgoing healing% of Ventari and regeneration.

I think both are crazy good tbh. Druid has more going for it though due to astral form. Rev is still top notch.

Regeneration is based on your own healing power, not that of the caster. So basically that leaves just to the point which I pointed out which is not really that good sustain healing, but rather a spike for a few seconds and then being stuck to no or little healing for a quite significant time.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

The only reason I can see Druid being better then Ventari is the lack of a need to micro-manage the Tablet.

At lest the Pet does some Dps before getting mauled to death. The Tablet just sits there.. staring at you… cold… uncaring… Lifeless.

Staring at you… Always….

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Regeneration is based on your own healing power, not that of the caster. So basically that leaves just to the point which I pointed out which is not really that good sustain healing, but rather a spike for a few seconds and then being stuck to no or little healing for a quite significant time.

Can I say something? Um no, tested ventari/glint during BWE2. On others I could upkeep a 684 heal/ sec regen while on myself it was around 324 . Your information is either outdated or wrong.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

Can I say something? Um no, tested ventari/glint during BWE2. On others I could upkeep a 684 heal/ sec regen while on myself it was around 324 . Your information is either outdated or wrong.

Ah well I see yes, my bad. But you would give up 20% spike healing for that and it would force you to litterally stick the tablet in someone’s face all the time or have him sitting on it. I also don’t think it’s that huge since regeneration is a boon that comes along already much in the game.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Ah well I see yes, my bad. But you would give up 20% spike healing for that and it would force you to litterally stick the tablet in someone’s face all the time or have him sitting on it. I also don’t think it’s that huge since regeneration is a boon that comes along already much in the game.

Nope perma regen comes from glint heal not ventari traits. If you had calculated you would know that it is impossible to get that regen without that trait. (it required 111% outgoing healing) =p

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Nothing can compare to the burst healing of Druids. 6k AoE heal every 25s (19s if traited) with 0 healing power. That will be 8k when properly geared, maybe pushing 10k with healing modifiers. In astral form the 1 skill (no cast time) was doing almost 1k heals (again not fully geared) and has 1200 range spam. In the video he went from 1hp to full health in 12s ish. That’s better and much quicker/ easier to control than the tablet.

As Roy has pointed out, one limit to the spec is entering Astral form, but even outside of it, they have a lot of healing skills. Rev’s have more boons and better dps but I’m not convinced Ventari will compete with druids for even a back up healer role. As someone pointed out, why not 2 druids? I think Rev’s role will be boon support/ dps.

in Revenant

BlackDevil.9268

Nothing can compare to the burst healing of Druids. 6k AoE heal every 25s (19s if traited) with 0 healing power. That will be 8k when properly geared, maybe pushing 10k with healing modifiers. In astral form the 1 skill (no cast time) was doing almost 1k heals (again not fully geared) and has 1200 range spam. In the video he went from 1hp to full health in 12s ish. That’s better and much quicker/ easier to control than the tablet.

As Roy has pointed out, one limit to the spec is entering Astral form, but even outside of it, they have a lot of healing skills. Rev’s have more boons and better dps but I’m not convinced Ventari will compete with druids for even a back up healer role. As someone pointed out, why not 2 druids? I think Rev’s role will be boon support/ dps.

I didn’t say they couldn’t burst out spike healings. I just was pointing out that ventari is not about sustain healing but rather about spike healing, while druid is basically both.

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

I didn’t say they couldn’t burst out spike healings. I just was pointing out that ventari is not about sustain healing but rather about spike healing, while druid is basically both.

Reading back I see what you were trying to say. It’s just the first line of “I see it the other way round”, I thought you were implying druid = sustain and ventari = burst but you were trying to say ventari is better at bursting than sustain. :p

I do agree druid can do both well though.

in Revenant

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I don’t mind playing second fiddle to Druid at all in regards to healing. X) Rangers have been needing something to give them a place in team content, and I say good for them. :P Ventari is still incredibly potent compared to what kind of team healing is available on all the other classes. Had been pretty much the best available until Druid’s reveal. Seems like a perfectly acceptable spot to be in. XD

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

My overall impression of it is the following.
Druid:

• Better burst
  • More self heal
  • More control
  • Sacrifices less damage
  • More condi cleanse
  • Better Mobility

Herald (Ventari/Glint):

• Better sustain Healing
  • Far more damage reduction around 54%-74% by itself compared to 48% (both with protection and clerics).
  • Better projectile hate
  • More party wide boon upkeep (perma protection, swiftness, fury, regen)
  • More blocks/invulnerability

However Roy I do have to agree with the feedback on other topics. To make ventari more competitive it needs to lose that cast time on tablet movement and increase its speed and range a bit too (to 1200-1500).

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

However Roy I do have to agree with the feedback on other topics. To make ventari more competitive it needs to lose that cast time on tablet movement and increase its speed and range a bit too (to 1200-1500).

Yes please, remove the cast time on #6, and add 1/2 sec cast to Natural Harmony, but reduce its delay to 1 sec or get rid of it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

How’s it gunna do that when you’ve swapped to your other legend? You need both healing power and salvation to make Ventari good and then the moment you switch out of Ventari both of them become 100% useless. Compare this to healing power and honor traits for guard or healing power and druid traits for ranger which are always useful because you can always have access to strong area healing.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

How’s it gunna do that when you’ve swapped to your other legend? You need both healing power and salvation to make Ventari good and then the moment you switch out of Ventari both of them become 100% useless. Compare this to healing power and honor traits for guard or healing power and druid traits for ranger which are always useful because you can always have access to strong area healing.

You still have healing on staff and shield and you do have to switch legends to keep the 20% outgoing healing bonus and perma regen. You do however lose that burst healing while you aren’t channeling ventari.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

PLEASE. The tablets effective range is so tiny!

Lunar Fighter

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Now this means the healing skills for Revenant can get buffed to have closer to 1:1 scaling with Healing Power.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Coldtart.4785

You do however lose that burst healing while you aren’t channeling ventari.

That was my main point. You can’t do sustained healing with Ventari because you have to swap out at some point. The tiny amount of healing available outside of Ventari’s skills is not even close to enough to justify your investment in salvation and healing power, but without them Ventari is only good for the projectile block shield.

in Revenant

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

You still have healing on staff and shield and you do have to switch legends to keep the 20% outgoing healing bonus and perma regen. You do however lose that burst healing while you aren’t channeling ventari.

I dont know how much I like that trait anyway. I know its a significant boost but its bonus lasts for a VERY short time. Just dosent feel very good. I wish it had some other effect other than on legend swap. Maybe weapon swap, now that we have it?

Lunar Fighter

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

You do however lose that burst healing while you aren’t channeling ventari.

That was my main point. You can’t do sustained healing with Ventari because you have to swap out at some point. The tiny amount of healing available outside of Ventari’s skills is not even close to enough to justify your investment in salvation and healing power, but without them Ventari is only good for the projectile block shield.

Uhh no you can do sustained healing outside of ventari and it is almost the same as in ventari. What you lose is burst healing. (Assuming you are keeping staff and shield heal for glint and swap back as soon as possible back).

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

You are really going to complain about this? Revenant is good overall. Ranger has tons of issues with the core profession. So what if druid is good at heal support? God let us be good at something for once. And like Roy said, they both do things a bit differently. It would probably be nice to have one of each on your team.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

All I want for Ventari is the cast time on moving the tablet completely removed. Hell, make us move it during other skills as well. The range can stay for all I care. It’s super awkward and annoying having to stop what you are doing just to move the thing. It makes the entire mechanic feel slow and clunky.

You are really going to complain about this? Revenant is good overall. Ranger has tons of issues with the core profession. So what if druid is good at heal support? God let us be good at something for once. And like Roy said, they both do things a bit differently. It would probably be nice to have one of each on your team.

It’s not fair to point at another profession and say you are better or worse than that profession, and justify a point that way. If we could do that all 7 classes were in bad shape compared to Elementalist for the past 2 years.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Revenant

Coldtart.4785

Uhh no you can do sustained healing outside of ventari and it is almost the same as in ventari. What you lose is burst healing. (Assuming you are keeping staff and shield heal for glint and swap back as soon as possible back).

You really think staff auto, staff 4 and shield 4 are good enough to be considered sustained healing? Those skills in cleric’s crank out about as much healing as what a guard can do with mace in zerker.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

You really think staff auto, staff 4 and shield 4 are good enough to be considered sustained healing? Those skills in cleric’s crank out about as much healing as what a guard can do with mace in zerker.

They can heal between 5-6k each which is the same amount as one NH. Without losing energy you can use NH 2.5 times before you legend swap. I do not know much about guardian mace but looking it superficially (disregarding regen for obvious reasons) it can heal around 160/sec for 5 targets while a shield heal would heal for 400/sec. Are you guys considering outgoing healing bonus when doing these calculations?

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

They can give 5-6k each do not which is the same amount as one NH. Without loosing energy you can use NH 2.5 times before you legend swap.

Plus Facet of Light and Facet of Nature pumping out a good amount of regen on allies while you wait for legend swap. If you have all the traits (including 20% on swap), runes, and food, you can get regen ticking for 850-900 health per second on allies.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

BTW sorry if I am being too confrontational about it. I have seen too many minmaxers using inappropriate math techniques to support their arguments lately. If you do have proper maths to support your argument I would love to see. ;p

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Ranger has access to aoe might, vigor, burning chance and regen with utility skills and pets. Also aoe taunt.

I agree, that cc is stupidly strong. Jade winds with no energy cost.

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

No.

If I put Reg on player X player X will get healed based on my own healing power & outgoing healing.

I would know since my Reg healed 800 per second last BWE due to me having ~100-130% outgoing healing.

Also 6k healings