How is a Revenant different?

in Revenant

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

What is unique about the Revenant? What is the general Revenant damage strategy and damage mitigation strategy, compared to other melee classes?

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in Revenant

Posted by: pola.5832

pola.5832

I can tell what is unique:
-Energy managment
-Acces to perma; regen,fury,swiftness,might
-You cant really choose your utility skills, you change them by changing your legend, unlike other classes who can actually combine all of their utility/heal/elite skills
-Each legend, serves for a unique purpose for the reason stated above
-Of all classes, its probably the one that forces you(or at least it inspired me) to look more into Guild wars lore, hell i didtn even know who kralkatorrik was until i looked up for glint, and i have been playing for a VERY long time.
-Visual effects are unique
-Mistward armor looks kitten
-This may be not unique, but…the class itself feels like a combination between guardian and thief (at least when using shiro/glint)

Can’t really tell you about damage stategy or mitigation, because im not so experienced in those.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

*perma protection too.

Revenat is also kinda squishy for a heavy armor class, so active defense is super important.
This is the main reason people run shiro and glint: former give massive mobility/evasion, latter great support.
Since energy is a finite resource you cannot expect to spam skills on CD, instead Revenant, like thieves, is a very reactional class where you use a skill ONLY if you need it, otherwise you’ll run out of energy quickly. We have therefore a huge tie to our autoattacks.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I can tell what is unique:
-Energy managment
-Acces to perma; regen,fury,swiftness,might
-You cant really choose your utility skills, you change them by changing your legend, unlike other classes who can actually combine all of their utility/heal/elite skills
-Each legend, serves for a unique purpose for the reason stated above
-Of all classes, its probably the one that forces you(or at least it inspired me) to look more into Guild wars lore, hell i didtn even know who kralkatorrik was until i looked up for glint, and i have been playing for a VERY long time.
-Visual effects are unique
-Mistward armor looks kitten
-This may be not unique, but…the class itself feels like a combination between guardian and thief (at least when using shiro/glint)

Can’t really tell you about damage stategy or mitigation, because im not so experienced in those.

-energy management is an illusion. More cooldowns added, less actual management since ou are still limited by CD energy or not

-Some other professions also have it. Nothing special

-all profs have unique visual effects;p

-mistward armor once unlocked can be used on every heavy

in Revenant

Posted by: pola.5832

pola.5832

-everything is an illusion in this games, without cooldowns rev wouldnt even be able to spam the skills, BECAUSE of energy managment, its like saying thieves are special for not having cooldowns…but this still doesnt matter because they have the initiative, which keeps them from spaming
-Some other professions can have all those things but need to sacrifice a couple skills to do so..revenants access to these are passive and renew every few seconds
-still a unique thing about revenant
-dont you need a revenant to unlock this armor on the first place? (not sure about this) also…mistward armor would look weird as F on a warrior or guardian IMO, dont know what OP thinks about it, he only asked for unique things about rev.