How is revenant in wvw ?

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Alex.8630

Alex.8630

Hi guys i’m actually a new and bad player and i’m playing a lot of wvw .

I have 3 questions plz

Actually i play the revenant and i want to know if is it good in wvw ? Is it recomended ?

What build should i take ?

And how to play it

Also please note that my mmorpg and english vocabulary is really bad easy words plz

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If u want easy Thor time go shiro glint with hammer n use 1 n 2 off cd, with perm fury + fury gm trait in invocation on glint stance. If hit by enemy player use hammer 3 on random location while waiting for teammates

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

Well..they make great snacks if you’re bad but that’s every class

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rhaegar.5120

Rhaegar.5120

anyone experienced playing a Cond Rev in WvW?

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

I’ve been zerging around using the hammer in a damage spec. It can get kinda boring since only using hammer #2 is clearly the best zerg busting skill. However, I’ve been messing around with mallyx. Being able to resist all conditions on the frontline, plus help your team by drawing away theirs feels amazing.

I’m working on a mallyx build based around absorbing conditions, then using lyssa rune to convert them to boons. Also, I want to test the new sigil that steals boons on interrupts. Trait mallyx to daze on elite and potentially steal a boon from 5 enemies. Hopefully there isn’t an internal cool down on this sigil… Also, need more stability haha.

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Cell.6821

Cell.6821

I ran Shiro/Herald in WvW initially have since switched to Jalix for medium-mass wvw action. Here’s why I feel Jalix outperform Shiro:

1) Herald is awesome. I think I stay in Herald or tend to switch to it asap most of the time. Shiro is awesome too, but keeping Impossible Odds up while spamming Hammer #2 or #3 or #5 is too much on energy drain

2) Shiro’s healing skill can be a massive hindrance on occasions where you want to get out of combat asap or when your HP gets so low that you need to kite while healing. Actually I’d take Jalix just for his healing skill since it also removes condition.

3) See a zerg and you think you can survive a more seconds? Turn on Vengeful Hammer and just run around.. You’ll tag them all!

Shiro is awesome in smaller fights, but right now I just run Jalix/Herald most of the time.

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

This is what I’ve been playing:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApein3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdsklZlhdmb2RNgEewe6r/G-T1SBABUcCAgUJI7HCgmfAAZpcxZ9A4pJAT1f+SJFP7PAwRAIAACwMLz28mBO6RP6RP6R76CdmDdmDtMAFjB-w

I was using sword instead of mace, but running with all the might stacks all the time and not using the condition damage bugged me. I also like the mace skills quite a bit more, but sword definitely works also.

Essentially I keep F2 on all the time and swap between Legends.
Crit rate is 71% or so with Fury which I have all of the time barring boon strips.
2350 power with Hammer, about 3000 with typical might stacks
Using Mace I have 1000-1200 condition damage counting might

For defense I have -40% condi duration and less damage when cc’d
stun-break on legend swap and Shiro evades
those refuel dodge energy which also gives me two stacks of stability
+45% boon duration for everything, +75% might duration

The only thing I give up is I never use Impossible Odds because I always have F2 up, but I use the extra energy for Jade Winds activations.

I think its a really strong build, thanks to people on these forums that have helped with good ideas.

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I’m very successful at condi rev.

Build

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Alex.8630

Alex.8630

Is revenant good in wvw ?

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Is revenant good in wvw ?

Absolutely, I solo roam a lot.

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I primarily roam in WvW, and IMO as long as you equip Shiro you’ll be fine. Shiro allows you to escape almost everything, primarily due to Riposting Shadows (use Riposting Shadows, then dodge, use Riposting shadows again, then dodge again).

Running without Shiro might be possible, but you’ll need to be much more selective about what fights you choose to engage in because you won’t have an easy way to back out if things don’t go well.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

There is more than roaming in WvW

I love small scale fights and revenants are currently highest tier melee in providing damage mitigation
2 Revs 2Stability Bots I mean guards and a Warrior.

1 Revenant Stacks Protect the other fury, might and swiftness.
Once the fight starts just rotate GreatDwarf.

Few frends and I have won severly outnumbered fights due to amazing damage mitigations.

(edited by Nephziel.6053)

How is revenant in wvw ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Revenant is very good in EotM. I select some enemy inside big zerg and use pro hammer 111211121112112 combo. If somebody shoot me i use hammer 4. I have planed change my soldier trinkets to berserker, but i am scared that i crit too big numbers and servers will melt.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch