How likely are "huge" changes at this point?

in Revenant

Posted by: ehjhey.1894

ehjhey.1894

I mean I know these are only beta weekends. And that once HoT goes live there will be balancing and what not, but outside of some Urelenting assault changes, how likely are we to see huge changes to Revenant mechanics between now and release?

I ask because…(I’ll be honest) after the first beta I was pretty decided I would make a revenant, but probably not play it much. This weekend completely change my mind. Have been having a blast with it. Even more so than Reaper which I was almost 100% sure I’d main over revenant.

P.S. Keep up the good stuff Anet 8D Hype is now starting to get real.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

UA I don’t think will get changed. The skill is just fine. Just a skill people need to get used to sense it’s new. Crystal Hibernation needs a buff, other then bug fixes the class feels ready in my opinion and shouldn’t need many changes at all

in Revenant

Posted by: Akamaru.7415

Akamaru.7415

UA is perfectly fine, I don’t think this will get changed.

Large changes are still perfectly feasible imo. but there are way too many threads on this subforum. As a result I don’t think all ideas will be seen or fully considered, and so the reality will be little change.

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

UA won’t get changed. It’s fine.

Otherwise the changes will probably include:

- Buff to Jalis chain
- A tiny buff to Jalis road
- Buff to Crystal Hibernation
- A few changes to Retribution
- Maybe a few changes to Salvation

I can’t see anything else happening. As far as I know, this is all that really needs to happen. It’s very close to being ready.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I would like to add Jalis Vengeful hammers to list of fixes. The self destruction when hit anything is very annoying.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

Things that need change:

a) Jalis: cost and effect of utilities, currently the only worthwhile skills are the heal and elite, either lower costs by at least 1/4 of their current or Jalis will be ditched, and I’d hate that it would have to be picked for raid content just for having to combo taunt with Crystal Hybernation, it just feels as a waste of energy if you have to give up on say Glint for this.

b) Ventari: problem is the tablet functionality, and this has nothing to do to getting used to the tablet, summoning the tablet and moving it around, even when it’s just for personal use requires much more time and clicks… really if you wanted some options for heals water fields are as effective, it gives a lot of needed utility? yes, but simply put what can be achieved with a coordinated water field blasts is way, waaaay faster than summoning tablet, moving it to the best suited place and then pressing 8 and 0. In PvP it’s kind of nice but literally you’re just sub optimal because of the slower reaction time that is involved in between summoning, willing, casting the tablet around. FIX: make the tablet summon on legend swap, make the tablet follow you around and just will it to desired location when you press 6 and return to you after the distance threshold that it previously disappeared to, when you use the elite, put all the tablet skills on CD for 3-5 seconds.

c) Vengeful Hammers, Frigid Blitz, Grasping Shadow: they have problems with uneven terrain, Grasping Shadow sometimes doesn’t get the enemy even when you’re next to it and the animation triggers.

d) Malyx is nice but needs another option outside of mace for conditions, kind of gets fixed with on crit and weaponswap sigils and conditions on x skill runes but you’re practically forced to hybrid setups.

Asides from that I loved the changes and the current state of revenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Unfortunately it’s unlikely, which is rather sad since Anet made a huge oversight by not giving Revenants more than the 3 utilities per Legend.

Now they’ve got a cookie-cutter profession with very little nuance when they could have added a few more utility skills and given the profession some much needed flexibility in its build options.

For reference, sure the Rev gets two sets of Utilities. However, they only have a total of 12 Utility skills (15 with Elite) while most professions have 20/24.

For example, if they had added one Utility per Legend and a set of neutral Utility skills (i.e. Glyphs would be perfect) the Revenant would be on par with everyone else and have room for some true utility skills. As it stands now if you want to play with Ventari but there is no need for condition removal or projectile reflect you have no option to choose anything better.

in Revenant

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Crystal Hibernation should function as block, then I can use some tricks to make it do damage when people pounding you, otherwise you sit there eat damage and do nothing.

And it defiance should not be consumed with soft cc, I hear that it can be broken with smoke grand? Wut?

in Revenant

Posted by: sleight.9638

sleight.9638

UA I don’t think will get changed. The skill is just fine. Just a skill people need to get used to sense it’s new. Crystal Hibernation needs a buff, other then bug fixes the class feels ready in my opinion and shouldn’t need many changes at all

Why is it people think it needs a buff? I use it alot and I’m absolutely happy with it.
Some suggested to make you be able to move but i think this would be crazy op.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

Why is it people think it needs a buff? I use it alot and I’m absolutely happy with it.

Also, thematically, you’re hibernating so how could you move >.<

I think people are confusing “buff” with “fix.” Currently, soft CC takes off more of the breakbar than hard CC. Oops.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Revenant

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

I think people are confusing “buff” with “fix.” Currently, soft CC takes off more of the breakbar than hard CC. Oops.

crystal Hibernation should do damage or burning when it ends. more if broken, less if it lasts the entire cycle.

Makes sense on a flavor level, a dragon awakening from a long slumber is ready to tear kitten up, and if you wake her up early, shes extra kittened.

in Revenant

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Also it says you become immune to incoming condies so why is soft CC still coming through? I agree, it should take 3-4 dazes or stuns to break the bar.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

It would be nice to have an extra utility per legend, but it’s most likely too late for that. I’d certainly like to swap out Protective Solace on Ventari for something different.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Dastion.3106

It would be nice to have an extra utility per legend, but it’s most likely too late for that. I’d certainly like to swap out Protective Solace on Ventari for something different.

That right there is my point entirely, just one extra utility per Legend would add a lot of nuance to the Revenant’s builds.

However suggesting as such is apparently heresy on such as level as to be accused of spewing garbage and told to leave the forums. I’m still somewhat shocked at the level of sheer venom in the response I received for suggesting something so mild as maybe “utility skills” should be somewhat customizable so as to enforce, you know, ‘utility’.

in Revenant

warherox.7943

Especially considering each type of utlity skill has 4 skills each.

twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

And also, we can’t switch up to 5 different sets of utilities, which we can use 2 at a time! Oh wait… we can……..

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

There will be a fair amount of changes that I have planned and that have come out of the feedback from this last weekend.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Uuuuuuu just dont nerf my beloved mallyx and glint U.U

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

There will be a fair amount of changes that I have planned and that have come out of the feedback from this last weekend.

Can we get some insight as to what these changes might be so we can give you our opinion before they’re implemented?

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Uh oh…. This scares me a bit.

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Thus far, the changes we’ve gotten from Roy have been either very good or have been fairly justified. We should be okay!

in Revenant

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Can we please consider both PvE and PvP when making changes though?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

This concerns me due to the pvp crying on the forum. If pve gets nerfed because of pvp I will be livid.

in Revenant

Posted by: MeanCoffeeBean.2073

MeanCoffeeBean.2073

After spending hours and hours on my beta rev this weekend, I am convinced this will be my main after HoT drops. Roaming as condi with rabid gear and mace/axe was entirely too much fun this weekend. I also spent some time running a support setup with sword/shield and staff to drive the Ventari/Glint setup and it was a blast as well. This is the multi-role hybrid class I have always wanted.

I have already started assembling my gear for October 23rd.

Fluttershy – Mesmer
Clarishy – Ranger
Tinkershy – Engineer

in Revenant

Posted by: Ara.8540

Ara.8540

After spending hours and hours on my beta rev this weekend, I am convinced this will be my main after HoT drops. Roaming as condi with rabid gear and mace/axe was entirely too much fun this weekend. I also spent some time running a support setup with sword/shield and staff to drive the Ventari/Glint setup and it was a blast as well. This is the multi-role hybrid class I have always wanted.

I have already started assembling my gear for October 23rd.

Basically this. I’ll be interested to see where Rev goes for BWE3, but I’m seriously tempted to consider it my new main. Had SO much fun this past weekend on it! I loved that setting it up with a support build REALLY led to providing some meaningful support for my groups. This has been something I’ve wanted from GW2 for a long time. Looking forward to your work on it, Roy!

in Revenant

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Can we please consider both PvE and PvP when making changes though?

No, because esportz!!!

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Revenant

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

What about rangers and engis? No elite spec announced yet and have only one BW left.

How will you handle the tons of feedback needed to make engi/ranger elite spec decent?^
Regards

in Revenant

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

I’ve noticed Hammer 2 doesn’t work on elevation/decline terrain. the animation still goes, but the damage doesn’t. Axe 4, goes too far, and on occasion will throw me off a cliff. Axe 5, works the same way with hammer 2.

Proud TTS member

in Revenant

Posted by: divine faithborn.8365

divine faithborn.8365

What about rangers and engis? No elite spec announced yet and have only one BW left.

How will you handle the tons of feedback needed to make engi/ranger elite spec decent?^
Regards

Roy isn’t the developer in charge of the engineer or ranger elite specs. He’s only running the show for the revenant.

in Revenant

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

Regards

Roy isn’t the developer in charge of the engineer or ranger elite specs. He’s only running the show for the revenant.

I’m involved with everything combat related.

The changes for revenant will be a lot of polish things, and little things from feedback. The only larger change so far is adjusting how mallyx skills work a bit so you aren’t frustrated when playing with support players who cleanse conditions. I’ll talk about all the changes when they are ready though, until then you’ll just have to #believe.

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

and i saw your face and i am believer…

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

#believe

I am happily drinking the Cool-Aid here! I had the best time this weekend that I’ve had since the beta weekends pre- gw2 release.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I just hope that rev is balanced compared to other classes. There has been a lot of good feedback so far on things that are both over and under powered.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

@believe
in the future revenants will stand on top of 30 corpses in WvW

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Yes he MUST be balanced. We already have elementalist. But i found reaper have better results with less effort in pvp beta so, in my opinion reaper was better than revenant this WE.

#believe in Roy

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

With the magnificence you’ve achieved so far, I #believeinray

in Revenant

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Regards

The changes for revenant will be a lot of polish things, and little things from feedback. The only larger change so far is adjusting how mallyx skills work a bit so you aren’t frustrated when playing with support players who cleanse conditions. I’ll talk about all the changes when they are ready though, until then you’ll just have to #believe.

This has made me concerned for Ventari.

I think Ventari needs a large change tbh, the tablet is just too slow for a game with fast paced combat like GW2.

As it is right now, I honestly feel that Ventari is going to be that “skill set” that is never used just because of how clunky it is. Gives me Deja Vu of the Rangers mainhand sword, does awesome things, but just feels awkward.

in Revenant

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Regards

I think Ventari needs a large change tbh, the tablet is just too slow for a game with fast paced combat like GW2.

As it is right now, I honestly feel that Ventari is going to be that “skill set” that is never used just because of how clunky it is. Gives me Deja Vu of the Rangers mainhand sword, does awesome things, but just feels awkward.

There will be some ventari changes.

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

#RoyForPresident!!!!

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Oh I’m curious. Ventari is probably my least favorite legend due to the clunky tablet. If things were made smoother I would definitely like to try ventari out again.

I like revenant so much I think I’m going to roll two of them. One will be the Shiro/Glint that I have been planning on and the other will be condi or perhaps, if ventari gets fixed, it will be support.

in Revenant

warherox.7943

Ventari changes! #HYPE

twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yes he MUST be balanced. We already have elementalist. But i found reaper have better results with less effort in pvp beta so, in my opinion reaper was better than revenant this WE.

#believe in Roy

Reaper had the life force bug. That was part of the reason it was so insanely tanky. I personally found both classes fun to play.

in Revenant

Dastion.3106

Regards

This is is the biggest thing on the table then it’s quite disheartening Roy. You have in this thread direct concerns regarding the rather inflexibility nature of the profession yet avoid commenting on them. It’s personally frustrating to me because I’ve personally been trying for months to get someone like you to comment on why you can’t just give Revenants an extra utility per Legend or if they won’t be able to use Racial skills or skills they paid a premium for (Mistfire Wolf).

But even when you finally reply to a thread which is about that topic you don’t address the concern. Why?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Regards

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

[/quote] Reaper had the life force bug. That was part of the reason it was so insanely tanky. I personally found both classes fun to play. [/quote]

Personnaly i don’t have found that i have LF bug, seems normal for me and even with that reaper do more easily and better things. I have myself found this two classes fun to play too. But even if reaper do it better than revenant i still prefer revenant. I love so much ritualist theme… My old ritualist luxon must be in the mists now, after 250 years. It is time to make him alive again…in a charr body.

in Revenant

Posted by: Markus.9084

Markus.9084

Regards

Well, you didn’t reply to Darkness…. There is only one BW left, and 2 Elites remaining. You’ve made already several changes to the current Elite (Gardian, Necro, War and Thief).
Will you focus ONLY on the 2 remaining professions during the next BW ? Will Engineers and Rangers get a fair testing ?

At the release of GW2, turrets and pets were among the most bugged mechanics in the game. Will we see similar problems at the beginning of HoT ?

(edited by Markus.9084)

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I sincerely hope you don’t cave in to Unrelenting Assault complainers and make the skill garbage again.

I also VERY MUCH hope you do not introduce more cooldowns because that would kill the flavour of the class for me and sent energy management down the drain as it would become illusion of choice.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

in Revenant

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Regards

Hurrah! Now I’m interested to see what you have in store for the legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nemhy.5230

Nemhy.5230

This concerns me due to the pvp crying on the forum. If pve gets nerfed because of pvp I will be livid.

As a mesmer player…get used to this feeling. =(