How's condi rev

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

Q:

Hey guys I’m considering to make the moot , and I was wondering how’s condi rev ??

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

What aspect of the game, pve, pvp, or wvw?

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

In general .. Since iplay all modes. Tend to pve

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Pve: bad unless enemy moves a lot for more torment damage
Pvp: i think its okay. maybe not as good as power but handles enemy conditions infinitely better than its power version.
wvw: bad. you really feel the lack of mobility . Still great for duels though.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Pvp: i think its okay. maybe not as good as power but handles enemy conditions infinitely better than its power version.

He is basically saying it is bad. In pvp it isnt worth taking because glint heal makes not having an escape manageable which you dont get unless you want to sabotage yourself and go no mobility with glint mallyx.

Im guessing you are asking to decide on your gear. i would suggest you dont stat for condi. Just play glint shiro like everyone else. you are free to experiment but everything has been tried already and nothing else works no where near as well as shiro glint despite its cleansing issues.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Condi is fine, depends on what mode

Pvp: great, in a good group not as good as power (assuming someone is pulling condi off of you) but in pugs, condi/hybrid is actually better giving the # of condi users out there.

Pve: for group content, don’t period. for solo stuff, it’s totally fine.

Wvw: It’s good, for normal travel or roam with group run Glint/Mal, for 1v1 do Shiro/Mal.

If you are like me who don’t care about group pve content, I would simply do cele armor, and zerker sword/shield/sword, viper mace/axe, zerker staff, keep a set of zerker acc. and a set of condi/hybrid acc, and swap when you want to do power or condi/hybrid. For my hybrid build I have around 2k power 900+ condi, 2.9k armor, 21k+ health, 37% crit, 190 crit dam. decent amount of boon and condi dur.

If you care about group pve, then zerker all the way.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

He is basically saying it is bad. In pvp it isnt worth taking because glint heal makes not having an escape manageable which you dont get unless you want to sabotage yourself and go no mobility with glint mallyx.

Im guessing you are asking to decide on your gear. i would suggest you dont stat for condi. Just play glint shiro like everyone else. you are free to experiment but everything has been tried already and nothing else works no where near as well as shiro glint despite its cleansing issues.

I know one player who 100% solo q to legend last season with Glint/Mallyx Rev.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

I love condi rev for WvW/PVP, I personally feel it’s amazingly strong due to the condi-fest meta, to add to that I find that lots of people don’t know how to handle condi rev as it’s not as common as power rev.

As Spartacus mentioned, I exclusively played condi rev to legend last season in solo q and it was a blast (except the last 2 tiers in diamond which I teamed up).

PVE: It’s great in open world PVE but not as great in group content if the enemies aren’t moving enough to proc that extra torment damage.

It is worth noting however that the build is very viable even in PVE group content and was actually used in [KING]’s 5 man Matthias:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4u1zsa/king_vs_matthias_5man_956/?

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Helly.2597

Condi or Hybrid rev is extremely good in small group wvw play based on my experience. You offer the group resistance and with glint you stack boons like none other. Add in a condi necro to epi off the target you’ve tormented/burned/confused up and you’re set.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

I love condi rev for WvW/PVP, I personally feel it’s amazingly strong due to the condi-fest meta, to add to that I find that lots of people don’t know how to handle condi rev as it’s not as common as power rev.

As Spartacus mentioned, I exclusively played condi rev to legend last season in solo q and it was a blast (except the last 2 tiers in diamond which I teamed up).

PVE: It’s great in open world PVE but not as great in group content if the enemies aren’t moving enough to proc that extra torment damage.

It is worth noting however that the build is very viable even in PVE group content and was actually used in [KING]’s 5 man Matthias:

Would you share your build and give some advice on how to use it (for PvP)?

How's condi rev

in Revenant

bigmonto.4215

I found that destroyer amu in pvp work extremely well with Shiro/Mal. Time your Pain Absorption, you are largely immune to conditions, 2 stacks of stability on dodge means you are not getting CCed. I would say this is the best pug pvp build at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if this gets bumped to meta in s4 now that support ele is out.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Ragion.2831

i know one player who solo’d with power warrior before the buffs. Doesnt mean it was a good build at that time does it?

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Spartacus.3192

i know one player who solo’d with power warrior before the buffs. Doesnt mean it was a good build at that time does it?

Well if he 100% solo q all the way to legend then it means either hes a fantastic ESL pro level player or the build carried well. Or some combination of both.

If that player truly went to legend solo q before the Adrenal Health buff then he really does deserve it.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

PadreNike.1803

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAse5nn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlJNgEeQNjOKxe93nH-TpBHABBcQAI4IAUwJAAgHAA+lBKf/BA

It’s basically the previous meta’s condi rev with glint instead of Shiro and sage amulet.
Lot of people will laugh at you for using sage amulet but I find it is the most optimal for a hybrid build (having equal condi dmg and power) with some extra vitality.

Of course I’d rather have precision or toughness instead of healing power but it is still not a total waste of stat as Mallyx heal scales really well with it as well as shield 4/5, you also gain a nice bonus healing when you use facet of light passive from the regen.
That said, if you feel better with viper or wanderer amulet, both work and are sometimes better depending what you are facing.

Like every other build, knowing what to use and when comes with practice but here are some tricks I use (nothing new here, every revenant should know this):

- I almost always start on glint with all facets active aside from the elite, with leadership runes you will get loads of boons this way before the fight
- always leave the fury facet ready to stun break, you get extra toughness from hardening persistence as well as the fury
- right before engagement double click F2 for extra boons (protection most important)
- elemental blast (face of elements active) is really strong on this build, drop it on the point in team fights, in 1v1 I usually drop it on myself and then use shield 5, you’d be surprised how many ppl continue to attack you on block with the facet xD
- when getting low, activate the facet of light and do not double press it, you will get nice regen (especially with sage amulet) and people will be really careful around you as they will suspect the active is coming any second, sometimes you will get to decent HP this way and can even skip the heal
- when you do use facet of light, use it and go ham, I immediately switch to Mallyx after I press it and spam banish enchantment 3 times, 9 stacks on confusion is deadly
- try to always combo mace 2+3 to blast might
- use unyielding anguish for mobility and escape (yes, not as good as Shiro but it works), I also sometimes use it to chase people combined with axe 4 you can close some nice distance
- a well timed absorption can save your entire team
- always open with axe 4 when u can, it’s great damage and the chill makes sure they don’t kite you
- use axe 5 to interrupt res/stomp/heal
- do not switch legends unnecessarily this isn’t power rev and you don’t have equilibrium
- with sage/viper you do pretty decent damage on sword, use it to finish off opponents
- you’re a cleaving machine on mace/axe, cleave downed instead of stomping is most of the times the right decision
- if you do decide to stomp and need a safe stomp you have 2 options:
1. Dodge for stab right before the stomp
2. Use facet of darkness active for blind mid stomp

This is just out of my head, there is lots more probably, practice makes perfect.

Sorry if this was long, I hope it helps

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

How's condi rev

in Revenant

bigmonto.4215

Correct solo q to legend certainly doesn’t indicate a good build. However condi-hybrid build has been on meta-battle since the release of hot, and it has always fluctuates between meta and great build. So I don’t think anyone can say it’s bad or even average.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

ulchanar.4309

Thanks a lot, always better to have detailed explanations!

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Ragion.2831

Correct solo q to legend certainly doesn’t indicate a good build. However condi-hybrid build has been on meta-battle since the release of hot, and it has always fluctuates between meta and great build. So I don’t think anyone can say it’s bad or even average.

People are naturally attracted to good builds. Because of the way the classes are designed you can say which is a good build and which isnt. A good build is basically any build that can handle the pressures from whatever build other players are using which are condi, CC, direct damage and mobility. Builds that cant handle all 4 of them often enough in some way are bad builds because you can get outplayed by just one of them.

Forget meta battle, go in game and check the most popular builds in pvp, all of them follow this rule. Its also because of this rule there is no build diversity.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

How's condi rev

in Revenant

ulchanar.4309

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAse5nn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlJNgEeQNjOKxe93nH-TpBHABBcQAI4IAUwJAAgHAA+lBKf/BA

One more question here: I see you don’t run Diabolic Inferno as in the Metabattle build. How or when do you use Embrace the Darkness?

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Spartacus.3192

One more question here: I see you don’t run Diabolic Inferno as in the Metabattle build. How or when do you use Embrace the Darkness?

Pulsating Pestilence was changed in last patch making it actually very interesting in this current meta. when you know you have a lot of condi on you, you swap legend and it copies up to 3 condi onto your enemies in 240 range for 3 seconds. Its pretty useful to bait out enemy condi cleanses and to provide cover condis just before you condi bomb them back. I basically dont use Embrace the Darkness as much anymore.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

bigmonto.4215

I thought its 3 condi period, no more time limit. Otherwise it was a huge nerf, since it used to copy all your condi.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Glint/Malyx is very powerful. I’m not saying that because i go beat by it, but because i played it, i loved it, but i have to admit that easily stacking 25 torment while loading up on boons, and continually resisting conditions is frightening even from my point of view as the player.

I’ m not sure why it’s not more common than it already is.

(edited by emkelly.2371)

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Spartacus.3192

Glint/Malyx is very powerful. I’m not saying that because i go beat by it, but because i played it, i loved it, but i have to admit that easily stacking 25 torment while loading up on boons, and continually resisting conditions is frightening even from my point of view as the player.

Yeah i like playing it , Its MAJOR weakness is that it has only ONE stunbreak so if i ever suspect there is one on enemy team i will call my entire team’s CC wrath on that rev and take him/her down.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

ulchanar.4309

If that’s the major weakness, wouldn’t it make sense to run Enhanced Bulwark then over Elder’s Force?

How's condi rev

in Revenant

PadreNike.1803

If that’s the major weakness, wouldn’t it make sense to run Enhanced Bulwark then over Elder’s Force?

Definitely, I just like the extra damage and synergy with glint and I feel 1 stack of stab and the retribution line is enough protection for me, enhanced bulwark is a very viable option for sure and a safer option to get used to the build.

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Spartacus.3192

Definitely, I just like the extra damage and synergy with glint and I feel 1 stack of stab and the retribution line is enough protection for me, enhanced bulwark is a very viable option for sure and a safer option to get used to the build.

^ Yup what PadreNike said. Enhanced Bulwark will help a lot but you have to realise that since you dont have devastation line in this build the power damage on Sword/Shield is much much lower than on a Power Rev, and without Elders Force i feel like im hitting like a wet noodle when on Sword/Shield.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

bigmonto.4215

hitting like a wet noodle when on Sword/Shield is probably due to the Sage’s amu. I used that exact same build Glint/Mel in unranked in between season 3 and 4. I had harder time, until I switched Shiro/Mel with either viper or destroyers.

I find myself able to kill faster and survive better, strange right? The old saying that “the best offence is a good defense” is really true on this one. With Shiro/Mel I can be so in-your-face aggressive that it force people to defend, where as Glint/Mel with sage, I don’t do damage fast enough that people can more often than not chase me down and kill me.

Either way it’s good to try both and see which playstyle suits you.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Spartacus.3192

hitting like a wet noodle when on Sword/Shield is probably due to the Sage’s amu. I used that exact same build Glint/Mel in unranked in between season 3 and 4. I had harder time, until I switched Shiro/Mel with either viper or destroyers.

I find myself able to kill faster and survive better, strange right? The old saying that “the best offence is a good defense” is really true on this one. With Shiro/Mel I can be so in-your-face aggressive that it force people to defend, where as Glint/Mel with sage, I don’t do damage fast enough that people can more often than not chase me down and kill me.

Shiro/Mallyx with viper/destroyer is basically the original Season1 Condi Rev. Yes thats a good build and was def good with durability runes a later with mercenary amulet. With Viper dont you find it very squishy and also very slow? Phase traversal cant be spammed anymore and you have no access to swiftness (only quickness via shiro)

How's condi rev

in Revenant

bigmonto.4215

Shiro/Mallyx with viper/destroyer is basically the original Season1 Condi Rev. Yes thats a good build and was def good with durability runes a later with mercenary amulet. With Viper dont you find it very squishy and also very slow? Phase traversal cant be spammed anymore and you have no access to swiftness (only quickness via shiro)

It’s very interesting, I do notice it was very squishy in s2 and s3, that’s why I back off from it, but I find it very survivable this pre-season and s4. It could be that there are more people running pure condi builds, or the lack of ele makes the condi stick better. Still early in the season so time will tell.

Oh another possibility is the nerf of thief and Guardian meta is no longer ranged. Guard was never an issue 1v1 but when you have a team fight with a guard sniping, you get bursted down at times if you run purely offensive.

(edited by bigmonto.4215)

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

In PvE I wouldn’t bother because of the Torment focus.

In PvP it’s really fun and you’re not free kill for opposing condi players anymore. I use Glint as 2nd though, team buffs, swiftness, incredible heal, burn field to push people off point as well as dragon ulti, far better than Shiro TO ME, but some prefer Shiro for the teleport, although you habe constant swiftness with Glint.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Spartacus.3192

In PvE I wouldn’t bother because of the Torment focus.

In PvP it’s really fun and you’re not free kill for opposing condi players anymore. I use Glint as 2nd though, team buffs, swiftness, incredible heal, burn field to push people off point as well as dragon ulti, far better than Shiro TO ME, but some prefer Shiro for the teleport, although you habe constant swiftness with Glint.

I agree that Glint/Mallyx feels better for me right now. It has the sustain and team buffs of Glint with the Condi damage from Mallyx. Back when Shiro Phase Traversal only cost 20 energy the mobility was good but now i feel too slow on shiro/mallyx.

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Zepoolpe.9217

Zepoolpe.9217

Could you please share your WvW Build?
is it similar to your PvP one in terms of openers and skills usage?

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

cause it loses a lot of stun breaks
(you have to give up shiro and invocation)

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Helly.2597

You get 2 stacks of stability on dodges. That gets you through most situations tbh.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

How's condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

You get 2 stacks of stability on dodges. That gets you through most situations tbh.

It’s not enough,

but i have found using shiro/mallyx to be a great combo in wvw small fights as the stun break on shrio has no cool down timer and creates a gap from your enemies.

I will only use glint in blobs when team mates given lot stab.