How to: Build diversity

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

How to get build diversity/QoL

-Give more utility skills to legends.
-Give Rev an allrounder AoE Weapon with traits in invocation. (maybe GS)
-make facett of nature more versatile interacting with other legends
-Ventari: Tablet summon on legend swap, Tablet stays in tact after elite, give Stunbreak
-Jalis: Improve Aftercasts(and chain projectile speed) and fix BUGS to make him compeed with shiro.
Mallyx: Give us Beta Mallyx back or something as useful.

More Suggestions are desired.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

What I would do:
-Swap the places of Unwavering Avoidance with Retaliatory Evasion
-Make Axe a Mh weapon with the aa chain of the mace and current skills of the oh axe, then leave mace as oh with the 2 skills it has left
-Would make Energy Expulsion a passive which activates upon Legend swap.
-Would fuse Tranquil Balance with Serene Rejuvenation and leave the 2 fused traits on Serene Rejuvenation’s spot
-I would have the traits Natural Abundance and Tranquil Benediction swap places within the trait line, then buff the later to proc whenever a healing orb or energy fragment is picked up
-In place of Tranuil Balance I would put a trait called Gracious Retreat – when invoking a legend gain swiftness (3 sec).
-Would fuse Rampant Vex with Yearning Empowerment and put it in the place where Rampant Vex is.
-In the spot where Yearning Empowerment was I would put a trait called Unrelenting Pain – critical hits vs targets with Torment will apply random conditions

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

in Revenant

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

the only thing I need in this “cancer condi meta” is viable condi cleanse, since running Malyx on power build is bullkitten and having only condi cleanse on legend swap is well … how to put it , useless ? O.o …. even on my necro where I can get 5 condi cleanses/transfers is not enough in this “meta”

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

First thing is we need our bugs squashed. We have a number of skills that even prevent certain weapons from being viable. Almost every single weapon has bugs or interactions that the community views as unintended.

On top of that revenant needs some improvements:

• All stances need a stunbreak. Currently at most you can only ever have 3 stun breaks. One from traits and the other two from skills. If you don’t pick either shiro or glint, you forsake your ability to break stun. The same goes for not picking up invocation. Every single other class has access to multiple different stunbreaks with a variety of additional effects. The fact that if you don’t take one of those three leaves you with nothing. Jallis does have a stunbreak, but it very costly and I believe thats fine given the rest of its effects, it is not a reliable stunbreak.
  • Jallis absolutely needs inspiring reinforcement reworked. Every single component of this skill is vastly underwhelming compared to other classes. For the cost there is simply never a good time to use this in combat. Aside from that this stance could be competitive.
  • Mallyx biggest problem is that unless it can keep resistance up it blows it self up. The stance only has immunity, and no reductions for taking condi’s. This makes the entire mechanic of keeping conditions on you binary. You either have enough people around you to keep permanent resistance up or you can’t get any meaningful amount of resistance die. Mallyx and corruption need to have better support with dealing with conditions.
  • Traits outside of the herald, invocation and devastation lines are all really underwhelming. Many traits are completely useless you use the legend associated with them. In many cases the traits do not improve the class, but make the legend functionally work. Skills should functionally work on their own, traits should further enhance them. We need more traits that enhance our weapons and our ability to manage our resources.

Edit: I totally agree with the post below. Revenant is totally spread too thin trying to be good at too many things but fails at almost every single point. It is simply the most inflexible class I have ever played. The only thing that is solid is the all out offensive support the class has for sword main hand. Literally if anet took away main hand sword, we’d be screaming for a CDI.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

I get the concept they were going for with rev, different weapons that go with certain legends with corresponding trait lines, but the implementation is done very poorly.

As for weapons, every build uses sword, even condi rev uses s/sh as the second set, only exception is when in WvW for back lining with CoR spam. Staff is mainly used for the block and surge burst, added points if you can make use of the cleanse. Mace/axe are nasty when up close, but the gap closer is lackluster, easy to see coming at range, and drops you in holes. Hammer is hammer: the damage tends to mask how terrible this thing is as a ranged weapon. And on top of the weapons having little synergy with each other or uses mixed together (does anyone use mace/sword?), half of them don’t have traits to even help them, only sword and staff have traits.

Legends tend to be the same. Shiro and glint are the most versatile, but you’re locked in herald right out the gate, and pretty much the same with Devastation and any power build. Dropping either means dropping the only viable stun breaking skills, shiro and glint, and now Retribution took a hit to avoid being stun locked with no breaks in the first place. Jalis is pretty much replaced by either his trait line or shiro, because you’re better off just avoiding the damage than trying to soak it with him.

The list goes on and on, and it’s sad. The class tries to do so much and falls short in nearly every way.

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

>Base Revenant
Add a +25% movement speed trait somewhere in Devastation/Invocation. Many professions have a trait to make their open world movement better (except guardian, which I also believe should have something similar) and Revenant shouldn’t be an exception.

Fix the Bugs – Nothing more to say here. Confusion x6 on UA, getting stuck in walls during, P.Strike hitting random stuff, Hammer issues, Jalis issues, and so on. ALL OF IT needs to be addressed.

Stun Break on every Legendary Stance

>Legendary Dwarf

-Inspiring Reinforcements provides 1 stack of Stability for 3 seconds for yourself and allies within a 600 redius. Also breaks Stun (user only) gain an additional stack on a successful stunbreak? I could imagine that being pretty potent with Harmonize Continuity if it applied a Stab stack on all affected.

-RotGD – Energy reduced to 35 from 50

-Soothing Stone – Cleanses Conditions before healing

-V.Hammers – No change (just fix it)

>Legendary Assassin Stance

-Increase base healing on ED
-Drop Phase Travel energy cost to 25

>Legendary Demon stance

-Unyielding Anguish also breaks stun
-Rework Pulsating Pestilence for greater access to other conditions

>Legendary Centaur Stance
-Auto-Summon Tablet on legend swap
-Reduce Momentary Pacification’s ICD to something between 10~15sec
-Possibly change a few Outgoing Healing traits to also benefit the healer. Maybe making one allowing the Revenant to receive a percentage of healing for the allies you mend?

>Retribution
-Versed in Stone’s RotGD triggers automatically at 50%.
-Empowering Vengeance: Striking a foe critically while under the effects of Retaliation cleanses condition(s?)

>Invocation

-Invigorating Flow: Grants a boon depending on the legend invoked.
Shiro: Might (or swiftness/quickness?)
Jalis: Stability
Ventari: Regeneration
Mallyx: Resistance
Glint: Protection

-Herald
Soothing Bastion: Blocking attacks temporarily increases Boon Duration. Allows movement during Crystal Hibernation.

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

in Revenant

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It really feels like Mallyx’s heal needs to be a condi-cleanse. Don’t just heal more for each condi on the Rev, DEVOUR those condis for that extra heal. For a stunbreaker, maybe make the F2 the stunbreaker? It gives it another use other than just having it on to increase boon duration (because I doubt many people use it just for the boons on use).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

The biggest problem with Jalis, which reflects on revenant as a whole, is that it’s clearly intended to be the go-to legend for CC resistance.

It then completely fails at achieving this. RotGD is easily interrupted and clearly inferior to Riposting Shadows as a stunbreak (RS can’t be interrupted and the rollback means that you’ll usually dodge the followup CC… and it’s cheaper!). Inspiring Reinforcement, on the other hand, has far too much of a delay before the first stack comes down. I’ve regularly been pulled or pushed off the road before it forms even in PvE: it takes so long before the first stack arrives that a PvE mob can start the tell of a CC attack and land it between when you activate the skill and when you get the first stack. And if PvE mobs can pull this off purely by random chance, imagine what an enemy player can do to you…

To address this, Jalis really needs some means of protecting his skills from CC so they can do their job.

Possibility 1: Introduce a trait that grants Stability for a short period (2s, say) on activating any Jalis skill. This would cover the lag time of Inspiring Reinforcement and the casting time of RotGD, and generally make Jalis the legend you get for stability in general. While this would probably result in a strong combination with Enhanced Bulwark, unlike the stab-on-dodge trait, it would require the player to commit to using Jalis to get the benefit.

Possibility 2: Directly buff the relevant skills. Have Inspiring Reinforcement grant stability on activation, or at least on completion of activation while the road is forming, so you can’t be knocked off the road as it’s forming before the first stack of stability arrives. RotGD could have multiple possible ways it could be buffed – maybe it could grant a block or even an invulnerability while it’s being activated, or it could have instant activation if it successfully breaks a stun.

While we’re at it, swap the condition removal and the heal of Soothing Stone.

It’s a stretch goal, but if the above is done and Jalis is still underperforming, I’d like to see Forced Engagement get a flipover skill that allows it to be used as an actual pull.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

It’s a stretch goal, but if the above is done and Jalis is still underperforming, I’d like to see Forced Engagement get a flipover skill that allows it to be used as an actual pull.

That sounds amazing. I would like this. Maybe 25 energy for the first sequence (taunt) and 15 energy for the second (pull)

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

… I’d like to see Forced Engagement get a flipover skill that allows it to be used as an actual pull.

That sounds amazing. I would like this. Maybe 25 energy for the first sequence (taunt) and 15 energy for the second (pull)

Same should be done with Pain Absorbtion from Malyx. I strongly believe that the 2nd sequence should be Pulsating Pestilence.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

in Revenant

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I would love to have the old Embrace the Darkness back and have it completely transfer the condies instead of just copy.

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Yeah, Mallyx, while still viable for a condition build, is a bit of a sad case, due to having the rules under which he was intended to operate changed at the last minute.

One of the issues coming out of this is that none of the other legends were really created with condition builds in mind. When the revenant had no weaponswap, this was a lesser issue, since condi revenants could be safely assumed to be all using mace/X and the features of other legends, while not directly condition-oriented, could nevertheless be used to support a condition build and most of the conditions would be coming from your weapon. After weaponswap was introduced (something which I thoroughly support, because revenant without weaponswap had a raft of other problems) it became abundantly clear when condition revenants had no secondary swap they could switch to that was made with conditions in mind. Mallyx revs using Sw/Sh or Sw/Sw are pretty much like condition chronomancers using sword: it’s a defensive option while other mechanics are used to inflict conditions.

Possibly hammer could be changed to be more suited to condition builds. Possibly Coalescence of Ruin could be adjusted to deliver bleeding stacks – this is a common theme with ‘break the ground’ style skills (see: elementalists in earth attunement) and having some of the damage coming through a condition might mitigate some of the balance factors that caused CoR to be nerfed in the past.

The other big issue, of course, is what happened with UA and EtD. When previously they had very distinct uses, nowadays the primary function of each is pretty much the same: converting energy into AoE Torment stacks. While there are subtleties between the two that prevent one from completely eclipsing the other, it does represent a degree of redundancy that a profession which doesn’t have the opportunity to swap skills out individually and where usage of skills is largely limited by a common resource rather than separate cooldowns can’t afford.

There are a variety of ways this could be adjusted. EtD could be turned back into a condition-copy or a condition-transfer. UA could also be made a condition transfer. UA could be reverted into an area-denial effect – I can see why the teleports were removed, but it could be changed so that it’s a knockback on impact, possibly followed by creating a warding ring or a circular equivalent of the necromancer fear wall (which can be bypassed by the normal means of bypassing such obstacles – part of the issue with the old UA teleport was that it worked on everything). Heck, even changing the condition might help. Pulsing Confusion instead of Torment, while possibly competing with Banish Enchantments (although I think UA with Confusion would still have less overlap with BE than UA with Torment has with EtD) would give a strong incentive for enemies not to stand a fight within the field, as opposed to Torment which can instead incentivise staying put. Pulsing Blind could also fit within the concept of creating a ‘safe zone’ – enemies don’t get pushed out, but they can’t accomplish much if they stay in there without countermeasures either.

(The suggestion to give PA a flipover skill has merit – it’s harder to lose your condition stack if you can throw it right after you get it than if it’s constantly being copied, after all. One problem I could see is that giving PA a flipover skill might be de facto giving it a recharge: Forced Engagement already has a recharge that is greater than the duration, so giving it a flipover skill won’t hamper the use of the base skill.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)