How to Own Orr

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Posted by: VorianAtriedes.3207

VorianAtriedes.3207

Basically chose Invocation, Corruption and Retribution. Go for all the healing skills and chose the fire damage skill as your final skill for Corruption. Have dire everything, apart from your hammer, as the HP, Toughness and Condition damage is all you need… With this build I was able to defeat Zhaitan with the help of only 1 other person who is a pro, whose name is Agiel.6098. With this build I managed to tank the mouth of Orr till it was at half hp.

More tips – Use Embrace the Darkness straight away after healing, and Vengeful hammers continually as well, but switch out of them when you become low on energy.

Note: This build is terrible for PVP.

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

You’re new, aren’t you?

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

VorianAtriedes.3207

How did you know?

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

It’s because this game has a strong meta of “As much DPS as possible, as little utility as needed.”.
Basically: “Kill before you get killed.”

This has 2 major reasons:

• The “No forced holy trinity” in Guild Wars 2.
    Everyone can heal themselves well, support others and everyone can tank a bit if need be. Problem being the following…
  • The Dodge Mechanic.
    “Why face-tank if you can simply evade?”
    A lot of players, especially those used to the game and its mechanics, focus entirely on DPS because Armour and Health simply aren’t much needed in most situations.

Even in Raids where the Trinity has seen some sort of return to a few groups.
The Druid as a dedicated healer (yet also supporter and damager!)
A Tank, which mostly damages but has a tiny bit more of toughness to maintain the aggro.
Everyone else is DPS.

Guild Wars 2 has a lot of combat customization, you can truly play as you want to.
But the general consensus happens to be that it’s most efficient to be offensive. (Not talking about Offensive Language although sPvP may convince you otherwise )

Anyhow, this is why Varezenem knew you’re a new player.
Then again I do not discourage your builds at all.
I love them and I wish more people would think outside the box known as the “Meta”.

To you, and everyone else, I say:
Play as you want to. Guild Wars 2 offers you the chance to do so, be sure to take it.
A party that is 100% “zerk” and completes a dungeon in 10 minutes or burns a boss to ashes in 30 seconds is efficient, but to me the fun is hard to spot in a composition like this.

If you happen to be a EU player, be sure to PM me any time if you want someone non-meta to play with!

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I actually think celi has better sustain with healing power and rev heals. Then celi has better damage too, 85% crit, might stacking on a hybrid build, 202% crit damage.

Glass builds do more damage though and celi gets downscaled harder.

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

How did you know?

Nero is correct it’s because the build is unoptimized. Orr requires no specific build to be able to solo it. But there is nothing wrong with playing a unoptimized build for open-world pve.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

With this build I was able to defeat Zhaitan with the help of only 1 other person who is a pro, whose name is Agiel.6098. With this build I managed to tank the mouth of Orr till it was at half hp.

That’s really cute.

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

VorianAtriedes.3207

It’s because this game has a strong meta of “As much DPS as possible, as little utility as needed.”.

Everyone can heal themselves well, support others and everyone can tank a bit if need be. Problem being the following…
  • The Dodge Mechanic.
    A lot of players, especially those used to the game and its mechanics, focus entirely on DPS because Armour and Health simply aren’t much needed in most situations.

A Tank, which mostly damages but has a tiny bit more of toughness to maintain the aggro.
Everyone else is DPS.

Guild Wars 2 has a lot of combat customization, you can truly play as you want to.
But the general consensus happens to be that it’s most efficient to be offensive. (Not talking about Offensive Language although sPvP may convince you otherwise )

I love them and I wish more people would think outside the box known as the “Meta”.

Play as you want to. Guild Wars 2 offers you the chance to do so, be sure to take it.
A party that is 100% “zerk” and completes a dungeon in 10 minutes or burns a boss to ashes in 30 seconds is efficient, but to me the fun is hard to spot in a composition like this.

If you happen to be a EU player, be sure to PM me any time if you want someone non-meta to play with!

I tried this build out in PVP and I managed to go on a rampage and get 10 kills on my second game, so yeh this build is good for PVP. I am able to solo Maguuma Jungle so far with the build as well. I tried the Revenant in the Maguuma Jungle during beta and I kept dying, but with my current build I havnt died once on the main storyline… I think I may try my build with Shamanic gear as healing would benefit this build more than toughness…

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

• The Dodge Mechanic.

Everyone else is DPS.

I tried this build out in PVP and I managed to go on a rampage and get 10 kills on my second game, so yeh this build is good for PVP. I am able to solo Maguuma Jungle so far with the build as well. I tried the Revenant in the Maguuma Jungle during beta and I kept dying, but with my current build I havnt died once on the main storyline… I think I may try my build with Shamanic gear as healing would benefit this build more than toughness…

Kills are irrelevant in PvP if you want to learn2pvp qqmore is a great source to begin.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Posted by: thebatman.6250

thebatman.6250

I tried this build out in PVP and I managed to go on a rampage and get 10 kills on my second game

Necromancer says hi

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

VorianAtriedes.3207

I tried this build out in PVP and I managed to go on a rampage and get 10 kills on my second game

Necromancer says hi

lol. Anyway I tried my build with Jalis armour and its even better than Dire armour. I mean I had like full hp when I soloed a Veteran Stonehead

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Sourde Noire.5286

Necromancer says hi

lol. Anyway I tried my build with Jalis armour and its even better than Dire armour. I mean I had like full hp when I soloed a Veteran Stonehead

As long as the game offers active defenses in the form of kiting, dodging, blocking, etc. the defensive stats will always be inferior in a rather static environment such as PvE. It’s good if you’re having fun but that doesn’t make the build remotely viable for anything but open world PvE, in which every build is viable.

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

gotta love all these people saying you need ‘optimized’ builds to clear the current content.

everything is viable in pve if you understand how the mechanics of the game/bosses work as the person in this video showed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hWEIQkbfayo

really almost died from laughter reading some of these posts simply because OP found a build that worked for him.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

gotta love all these people saying you need ‘optimized’ builds to clear the current content.

Literally no one said that.

How to Own Orr

in Revenant

Sourde Noire.5286

everything is viable in pve if you understand how the mechanics of the game/bosses work

It’s almost like that’s exactly the point of optimized builds. If you understand the mechanics, you can scrap everything that isn’t needed (defense attributes) and do the same stuff a lot faster.