How to beat DH?

How to beat DH?

in Revenant

Posted by: Holyonion.6940

Holyonion.6940

I can fight most classes. I don’t necessarily win against all but I at least know how to fight them. Dragon Hunters however, I have no idea what to do. I just get mashed up so quickly. I don;t know what to avoid, I believe it’s condi bomb that is killing me but honestly I don’t know.

Any help please?

How to beat DH?

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Don’t initiate with phase traversal, initiate with an ability that evades like sword 3 or staff 5. Then you’ll pop all of their traps. Try to dodge the spear and play defensively when they pop their shield of courage. Also you can’t rely on Crystal Hibernation since they have a lot od access to unblockable abilities. Use staff 5 or legend swap if you have invocation to get rid of the condis.

You can also bring retribution which makes it way easier.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

How to beat DH?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Don’t initiate with phase traversal, initiate with an ability that evades like sword 3 or staff 5. Then you’ll pop all of their traps. Try to dodge the spear and play defensively when they pop their shield of courage. Also you can’t rely on Crystal Hibernation since they have a lot od access to unblockable abilities. Use staff 5 or legend swap if you have invocation to get rid of the condis.

You can also bring retribution which makes it way easier.

DH actually has lost all but one of its unblockable skills.
That 1 is the spear throw on justice active.

Otherwise you advice is spot on.

Make use of your evades and blocks, pay attention to their animations and save your dodges for traps/LB2

After you learn to combat them they are actually quite easy to beat with most classes (thief is only real exception) because
1: The design behind them is so absurdly simple
2: They only really have 1 viable build (Med-traps)
3: Many of their abilities are long CD or have long wind ups
4: Because of the lack of depth they dont really have alternatives to fall back on.

How to beat DH?

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I can fight most classes. I don’t necessarily win against all but I at least know how to fight them. Dragon Hunters however, I have no idea what to do. I just get mashed up so quickly. I don;t know what to avoid, I believe it’s condi bomb that is killing me but honestly I don’t know.

Any help please?

I use this build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFyegJMitFIARQdG34HA-TpBFABiXGohDBABnAAGOCAA8AAuf/BA

Keys:

• I usually start the figh in Glint and wielding staff; asap I roll to get stability and cast Elemental Blast to heat the ambient. I try to close the gap asap to take advantage from the Scrapper runes.
  • While approaching usually I use staff #3 to block the DH attacks; if I suspect about traps then I use staff #5 to both activate his traps, evade the damage and knockback him.
  • If staff #5 hits then I either use Elemental Blast (if was unspent) or swap to sword to use UA. If UA connects then I use sword # 2 and then auto attack him until sword #2 is ready again.
  • If he deploys traps I use shield #5, staff #3, sword #3 or evade to avoid the damage; if those skills aren’t available then I use Infuse Light to gain health, if I’m in Shiro just use Riposting Shadows to retreat.
  • Due the Malicious Reprisal trait and Phase Trasversal their block capabilities are greatly diminished.
  • Swaping weapons each 10 seconds to take advantage of staff #3 block and UA invulnerability is a second nature; also don’t forget that Assassin Annihilation and the leeching and blood seals work in you favor: DHs usually play most of the time with longbow, which is terribad at close range and makes easier to us to flank them.
  • If you suspect that he spent their breakstuns, stabilities ort evades use the Glint elite; otherwise avoid to use such predictable and expensive skill and instead nuke Elemental Blast as much as you can, while using auto attacks.

All in all, traps can be deadly in a n vs n skirmish if you aren’t keen or you have your skills in cooldown or your energy depleted, but otherwise this is a fairly easy match: Rev has better sustain, better burst damage, evades and damage over time. The only stat in which we lost is area damage which isn’t that big deal in a duel. Of course, having mained a Guardian for like 3.5 years helps

How to beat DH?

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Powershiro with Hammer instead of Staff is very effective against any DH, just pop their traps with hammer3, autoattack alot and get the projectile protection hammer4 on. When you poped the traps just teleport to the DH with shiro and use sword2, sword autoattack, if hes about to lay the first trap, just dodge out with shiro switch to glint, and keep autoattacking. safe your dodges for the pull. shiro dodges should be enough first. Also using retailation does alot of damage to the DH if you traited it. its up to 2k damage when you accidently got caught in all traps. just be sure to glint heal then