How to build condition revenant for pve?

in Revenant

Posted by: Nightangel.3947

Nightangel.3947

^

Hey guys been following the revenant closely though sadly without a beta key so unable to try for myself and get a better understanding of what I want from the profession. So I have a couple questions if anyone minds answering.

-with “difficult content” on the horizon is sinister a bad idea and to better go with rabid if mixed how much of each?
-is carrion a possibility with Maniacal Persistence and many of the fury traits?
- what are good defensive and aggressive runes so far that work nicely with the revenant?
-sigils?

I am aware that HOT is still a good ways off but I want to be able to start collecting the necessary bits as a goal over time.

Anyways thanks for the help take care!

in Revenant

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

I’ll add one more question to that list, does legend swap still trigger weapon’s sigils?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sebbl.2806

Sebbl.2806

^

Hey guys been following the revenant closely though sadly without a beta key so unable to try for myself and get a better understanding of what I want from the profession. So I have a couple questions if anyone minds answering.

-with “difficult content” on the horizon is sinister a bad idea and to better go with rabid if mixed how much of each?
-is carrion a possibility with Maniacal Persistence and many of the fury traits?
- what are good defensive and aggressive runes so far that work nicely with the revenant?
-sigils?

- In my experience, content in GW2 is difficult only while people still learn to play. So yes, for a PvE condition build (with more damage from direct hits) Sinister is currently the best choice. I’d hold onto it.
- Carrion armor with Manical Persistence and the fury traits from Invocation works pretty well (tested it last BWE), but I think it’s better to use it in WvW than in PvE. It should be even better now since the trait was buffed to 10% crit chance per tick.
- Given that you want to play conditions, some examples:
Rune of Tormenting for torment overload
Rune of Balthazar for some extra burning and more burning duration for Mace #2
Rune of the Aristocracy when you want to stack some might (e.g. sword #3, then blasting mace’s #2)
Rune ot the Adventurer for more direct damage (personally, I think this one is pretty neat considering its current price)
Rune of the Undead if you decide to play with Rabid or Dire gear

I’ll add one more question to that list, does legend swap still trigger weapon’s sigils?

Since they introduced weapon swap to the Rev: I don’t think so. Didn’t look at it last time, though.

(edited by Sebbl.2806)

in Revenant

Posted by: Wandelaar.3746

Wandelaar.3746

First of all, both legend swap and weapons swap proc on swap sigils without any doubt.

Secondly, condition revenant mainly stacks torment, a lot of torment, but enemies in pve generally don’t move around all the time during fights, meaning your torment damage is effectively halved in pve. This doesn’t sound like that good of an idea in my opinion. You might be able too keep 3 burns up and about 9 bleeds (geomancy) but that’s about it. The 20 torment you can stack won’t really help you much in pve.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaligos.7285

Kaligos.7285

It’s like with the ele’s attunement swaps or the engi’s kit swaps, so yes, I think legend swapping triggers weapon sigils.

“Sharpen your blades and guard your vitals! I’m back!” – Rytlock Brimstone

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

It’s like with the ele’s attunement swaps or the engi’s kit swaps, so yes, I think legend swapping triggers weapon sigils.

Yes I can confirm it does, watched some videos and saw someone triggering geomancy through legend swapping, which considering we only have one condi weapon, is a very smart mechanic.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I have 2 questions: Why u wanna go the easy choice Condi ? and Why u wanna go Condi in PvE ?
Granted there were ppl that had sucess with Condi Revs in BWE but also in big part was that the Support/Power line was so much more broken, I really dislike this Condi Meta.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Revenant

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

- In my experience, content in GW2 is difficult only while people still learn to play. So yes, for a PvE condition build (with more damage from direct hits) Sinister is currently the best choice. I’d hold onto it.
- Carrion armor with Manical Persistence and the fury traits from Invocation works pretty well (tested it last BWE), but I think it’s better to use it in WvW than in PvE. It should be even better now since the trait was buffed to 10% crit chance per tick.
Rune of the Aristocracy when you want to stack some might (e.g. sword #3, then blasting mace’s #2)
Rune ot the Adventurer for more direct damage (personally, I think this one is pretty neat considering its current price)
Rune of the Undead if you decide to play with Rabid or Dire gear.

I like this idea, and I can finally have a reason to use Mallyx more often. WvW would be a good place to test out the torment since PvE mobs don’t move much as someone stated earlier.

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

in Revenant

Wandelaar.3746

Rune of the Undead if you decide to play with Rabid or Dire gear.

I like this idea, and I can finally have a reason to use Mallyx more often. WvW would be a good place to test out the torment since PvE mobs don’t move much as someone stated earlier.

I don’t mean to self-advertise, but I have been testing out the condition revenant concept with tormenting runes in WvW and made videos containing footage it works out quite well.
I uploaded 2 roaming videos

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fz3gbvsWow)
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eyr8druOB4) .

I have also uploaded 2 small group roaming fights.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n66-jcJbvW0)
(https://youtu.be/kHhIF83jzd4)

I hope these give you a pretty good idea about condition -mainly torment- revenant.
Cheers!

in Revenant

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

I don’t mean to self-advertise, but I have been testing out the condition revenant concept with tormenting runes in WvW and made videos containing footage it works out quite well.
I uploaded 2 roaming videos

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fz3gbvsWow)
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eyr8druOB4) .

I have also uploaded 2 small group roaming fights.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n66-jcJbvW0)
(https://youtu.be/kHhIF83jzd4)

I hope these give you a pretty good idea about condition -mainly torment- revenant.
Cheers!

Please do advertise! Need all the help we can get with Revenant! Great videos btw!

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(edited by KronosBaelfire.6289)

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Yes I can confirm it does, watched some videos and saw someone triggering geomancy through legend swapping, which considering we only have one condi weapon, is a very smart mechanic.

just a thought, but if you wanted to do condi rev, you could stick to mace as main hand and swap only the off hand. A rune that activates on swap would still function on the mace.

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

just a thought, but if you wanted to do condi rev, you could stick to mace as main hand and swap only the off hand. A rune that activates on swap would still function on the mace.

Yes you can also do that, but there’s no point considering we already have legend swap triggers, and now we get to have an off set for range for example, in case we need it, or staff for some healing, even sword I guess if you wanted to stack vuln

in Revenant

Wandelaar.3746

This would not be optimal, running double mace/axe would, as it would allow you to proc twice as much on swap sigils as other classes.
Allow me to explain the reasoning behind this. In it’s current state, both swapping legends and swapping weapons procs on weapon swap sigils, this may not sound as that big of a deal, but it actually is. This means that you are using those weapon swap sigils twice as effective as any other profession (except for warrior, but even warriors have to get a trait for it). The easiest way to manage your on swap sigils would be swapping weapons right after you swap legends. Let me give you an example of how it works. My sigils are Hydromancy/leeching and Geomancy/energy. Once I enter combat I can legend swap right away, proccing my hydromancy and leeching with my legend swap right away, I can then immediately afterwards swap weapons to also get the second set of on swap sigils to proc (the geomancy and the energy sigil). This gives you some nice burst, and allows you to effectively use these on swap sigils on the 9 seconds of cooldown they have, instead of the 18 seconds cooldown most classes have to deal with. This is why I take 4 on swap sigils. One thing to note is that you can’t always leave the legend you’re currently in on a set time, you shouldn’t go out of Mallyx when still dealing with lots of condis, or out of Shiro when chasing someone, so that’s when you can just use the weaponswap seperately, but you’ll have to track the cooldown and delay the legend swap until your weaponswap is off cooldown again. Both weaponsets are condition based in this build. This is what I also do in the videos I linked above.

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

This would not be optimal, running double mace/axe would, as it would allow you to proc twice as much on swap sigils as other classes.
Allow me to explain the reasoning behind this. In it’s current state, both swapping legends and swapping weapons procs on weapon swap sigils, this may not sound as that big of a deal, but it actually is. This means that you are using those weapon swap sigils twice as effective as any other profession (except for warrior, but even warriors have to get a trait for it). The easiest way to manage your on swap sigils would be swapping weapons right after you swap legends. Let me give you an example of how it works. My sigils are Hydromancy/leeching and Geomancy/energy. Once I enter combat I can legend swap right away, proccing my hydromancy and leeching with my legend swap right away, I can then immediately afterwards swap weapons to also get the second set of on swap sigils to proc (the geomancy and the energy sigil). This gives you some nice burst, and allows you to effectively use these on swap sigils on the 9 seconds of cooldown they have, instead of the 18 seconds cooldown most classes have to deal with. This is why I take 4 on swap sigils. One thing to note is that you can’t always leave the legend you’re currently in on a set time, you shouldn’t go out of Mallyx when still dealing with lots of condis, or out of Shiro when chasing someone, so that’s when you can just use the weaponswap seperately, but you’ll have to track the cooldown and delay the legend swap until your weaponswap is off cooldown again. Both weaponsets are condition based in this build. This is what I also do in the videos I linked above.

This was specifically for PvE, in which case the “dealing with lots of condis or chasing down someone” scenarios just dont happen, you shouldn’t have much of a problem swapping your legends on CD