How to fight revenant on D/D ele

in Revenant

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

I’ve not come here to rage about revenants so don’t mistake this for such a post, ive simply come here for some advice on how to fight against revenants.

So basically here’s my issue, I run the general cele D/D build at the minute and I seem to always get eaten by zerker sword revenants, the sword port skill I think it’s the 3 skill, eats over half my hp sometimes, to avoid it I have to dodge 2times, I have no blocks or invuns, so dodging seems to be the only way I can avoid getting a huge amount of my hp eaten, the trouble is, after I’ve burned both my dodges sometimes 3, it leaves me open to be hit by the even harder hitting skills revenants seem to have, with ele not having much acces to strong burst heals (just water form) I struggle to recover from several large hits..

I’m pretty certain this is a l2p issue on my part and there’s clearly a few things I am not understanding, so that’s why I’m here asking you guys, teach me to play XD! How can I better fight revenants

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in Revenant

Posted by: deception.7239

deception.7239

Counterplays:
1) Elemental contigency: You can opt to switch to fire and gain retaliation during that time. Sword 3 hits 7 times, so at least they get 7 hits of retal back. Immediately switch to earth when you see retaliation buff proc on you, and have the trait Stone Heart, so you none of their hits actually crits. You end up with the better trade with your build, since you can sustain better.
2) Positioning: Don’t stand in spots where they can easily land a good staff 5, position yourself to avoid getting hit by it since it can hurt, same goes with any of their other skills.
3) Avoid hitting them when they activate glint heal, since that is a major part of their sustain, without it, they only have shiro heal (with a meta build) and it won’t be enough to sustain them.
4) If they have stability on dodge, pay attention to their buffs and cc them when they don’t have stability on to land your burst.
5) As a celestial build, your mixed damage should eventully wear them down, they have limited access to condition removal without running mallyx. Abuse ring of fire, kite in and out of it, if they are silly they die fast, if not then it is still fine.
6) You can immobilize them during their 3/4s cast time animation of unrelenting assault, and their big burst is also wasted. With enough practice it is fairly easy to use magnetic grasp as they start the animation (they will start with the lifting of the knee).
7) Another of their damaging abilities is popping quickness in shiro and auto’ing with sword, you can easily win the trade just popping shock aura and getting some burst in. If needed you could even pop armor of earth for an even better trade.
8) As a good elementalist, know when to cancel cast certain abilities, like baiting out a dodge with ‘earthquake’, just cancel cast it. It is usually nice to do if they are using shield 5, you can wait until it ends and fake a cast or proceed with it if they don’t dodge.
9) Always keep up the pressure (a mistake that a lot of ele tends to make is preferring to sustain instead of keeping high pressure and just ending the fight). You can always sustain yourself when they their blocks.
10) Both of their elites (shiro and glint) are easy to dodge or just avoid in general in the case of glint just by circling to their back. Even a simple dodge roll in air form for blinding flash does the trick.
11) Don’t waste your cooldowns when they block with either staff 3 or shield 5. Be prepared for it and ready to counteract.
12) If they happen to have a hammer in their weapon set, it is even easier, as it is fairly slow and quite easy to avoid most hits, and they will lack the sustain to fight you.
12) Really, just train with a revenant buddy in a duel and practice learning animations to experience it yourself.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

just dont hit them during glint heal and you should win