How to "git gud" at rev

How to "git gud" at rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Alright, right now rev is pretty much the one class I completely suck balls with (also dps ranger, but nobody plays that right?) Any tips on how to play this class, matchups, combos besides the shiro>dagger>UA setup?

I just find this entire class unbelievably clunky to play (even more so than stock engi) and every time I pick it up for a few rounds (in unranked, don’t get tooo mad) I am reminded why I stopped playing it.

I guess I might as well add that I get melted by condis, I can block and evade a lot of attacks but when I feel completely useless when there’s both a condi warr and a mes/necro on a point – at some point I’ll have a butt load of condis and be forced to disengage.

(edited by Ubik.8315)

How to "git gud" at rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Alright, right now rev is pretty much the one class I completely suck balls with (also dps ranger, but nobody plays that right?) Any tips on how to play this class, matchups, combos besides the shiro>dagger>UA setup?

I just find this entire class unbelievably clunky to play (even more so than stock engi) and every time I pick it up for a few rounds (in unranked, don’t get tooo mad) I am reminded why I stopped playing it.

I guess I might as well add that I get melted by condis, I can block and evade a lot of attacks but when I feel completely useless when there’s both a condi warr and a mes/necro on a point – at some point I’ll have a butt load of condis and be forced to disengage.

Spam dodges, spam PS and UA, spam legend swap and try to get a full staff#5 and you’re gucci to go. If you feel the class is clunky, play it a lot til you’re confident with it, theres not rly much more you can do

M I L K B O I S

How to "git gud" at rev

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Spamming against said condi Mesmer is exactly how you melt yourself. I don’t play sPvP, so I can’t really say for there, but understanding everything your skills do and knowing when to use them is very important for rev.

Things like shiro evade giving extra endurance, so you can evade more frequently, being as far away from random objects so sword 2 doesn’t go after so many of the wrong things, not using sword 3 when you’re loaded with confusion etc etc. Rev can take some hits and evade a lot of them as well, but using your energy poorly or being in the wrong legend at the wrong time can make all the different.

Pay attention to what you’re up against and punish what they try to do; timing an evade skill right or using glint heal when a nasty burst comes.
When against condi, especially Mesmer, bring help, or go condi yourself to have at least some sort of defense against it.

(edited by CutesySylveon.8290)

How to "git gud" at rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

One does not simply go 1v1 against condi mesmer on revenant, not without mallyx and a good boon duration at least. Conditions based revenant would probably do great against it but not much of kittene against everything else.

(edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607)

How to "git gud" at rev

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

I’ve been running a condition build with viper armor, dire trinkets and durability runes. Can’t be used in sPvP, but I’ve had pretty good success with it. The torment and burning can be a nice mix, but the lack of much cover condi means moderate cleansing will drag the fight out.

When against other condi builds, however, it really does show just how weak glint/shiro is to conditions. Yeah, the only defense is resistance, but with high boon duration, you can keep it up or reapply it fairly well, giving you more opportunities to pressure necros etc without worrying too much about succumbing to thier condi pressure.

How to "git gud" at rev

in Revenant

Posted by: no sky in hell.9258

no sky in hell.9258

Spamming against said condi Mesmer is exactly how you melt yourself. I don’t play sPvP, so I can’t really say for there, but understanding everything your skills do and knowing when to use them is very important for rev.

Things like shiro evade giving extra endurance, so you can evade more frequently, being as far away from random objects so sword 2 doesn’t go after so many of the wrong things, not using sword 3 when you’re loaded with confusion etc etc. Rev can take some hits and evade a lot of them as well, but using your energy poorly or being in the wrong legend at the wrong time can make all the different.

Pay attention to what you’re up against and punish what they try to do; timing an evade skill right or using glint heal when a nasty burst comes.
When against condi, especially Mesmer, bring help, or go condi yourself to have at least some sort of defense against it.

I agree, to “git gud” you have to really understand your all combos and skills.

Quick example of being in a wrong stance/weapon in wrong moment: We were losing fight, so i disengage using shiro rolls/evades and I go for not defended far point (unranked). I swap to mallyx to use my jump to get on point faster (also swaped weapons to mace/axe) and suprise, guardian spammed all his traps on point including maw, kinda unexpected (but it’s unranked so I could expect it …) and I literally die in 3s, becouse I was in wrong stance/weapon.

Agree about confusion, using sword 3 while having more than few stacks of it is a sure death sentence, another example is using your mallyx heal when you got poison on you, but that applies to most proffesions in the game.

Overall advice to OP, try mallyx rev. Personally I feel it’s harder to utylize, but it’s easier to learn your basic combos quick.