How to use Glint effectively?

in Revenant

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Shiro/Jalis seem to synergize perfectly for me, Vengeful Hammer, Equilibrium, Enchanted Daggers and Unrelenting Assault work so well together, with Inspiring Reinforcement being the perfect tool to dish out DPS safely and guarentee stomps.

Everyone says Glint is much better than Jalis, and it’s not that I don’t agree but I’m having troubles using it effectively, Infuse Light and Chaotic Elapse seem to be the only strong skills in the kitten nal, and there’s barely any condition removal unless i’m missing something.

For PvE if you can get your might and fury elsewhere, Jalis or Ventari seem much more useful to the group.

Also I’d like to know why Vengeful Hammers are toggling off randomly.

(edited by Daharahj.1325)

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Pop all three utility skills on Glint then switch to Shiro, switch back when you lose your boons and repeat.

Make sure you have food and such to boost boon duration.

And you’re not missing anything, I often fall back on Jalis to cleanse.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

(edited by DresdenAllblack.1249)

in Revenant

DresdenAllblack.1249

Also, there are times Daha when I can’t even use VH. Does nothing.

Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Perma group fury/swift/6+ might on a class with a trait to make fury grant +40% crit chance is incredibly powerful. Why get might/fury from somewhere else when you can easily give it to the whole party?

If I’m in a 5 person party that already has a good Herald I might go with Mallyx (more dps) or Jalis (more survival and cc) instead of glint but I still think I’d rather run Glint and give the group more might or regen and prot.

Also Elemental Blast (Swiftness facet active) is incredibly powerful against stationary target.

in Revenant

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

glint is kind of a weak spot now, you wouldnt think 1s infuse light would make that much of a difference but it does. all we are using glint for now is pre fight buffs then switch to main legend in combat. back to glint, pop heal and run away.

in Revenant

gaspara.4079

glint is kind of a weak spot now, you wouldnt think 1s infuse light would make that much of a difference but it does. all we are using glint for now is pre fight buffs then switch to main legend in combat. back to glint, pop heal and run away.

I strongly disagree with this. Perma group fury(+40% crit for your self), swiftness, and 6-10 might stacks is definitely not weak and neither is the best PvE heal in the game. Additionally Elemental Blast.

in Revenant

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I strongly disagree with this. Perma group fury(+40% crit for your self), swiftness, and 6-10 might stacks is definitely not weak and neither is the best PvE heal in the game. Additionally Elemental Blast.

its not glint or herald that makes fury 40%
infused light is actually the worst heal in pve if the mobs nvr hit you
you cant run all those active facets and do much more than auto attack

in Revenant

gaspara.4079

its not glint or herald that makes fury 40%

No its the trait but perma fury is mandatory at that point.
If you never get hit you’ll never need to heal. Using a healing skills assumes you have been hit and there is a likelihood you will get hit again and many situations have aoes you can intentionally stand in to get instant full hp.
Auto attack is the highest dps ability on both sword and staff. Elemental Blast (Swiftness facet active) is one of the best dps abilities in the game for a stationary target. You don’t need to do more than auto-attack and you maxing your dps and adding a lot of team dps for free.

in Revenant

DresdenAllblack.1249

Agree with gaspara.
Hit 1 until it falls, but when I switch to Shiro I can get off one IO before mashing AA.

Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

Glint: Use ALL your Facets except Elite. Let don’t activate them, just let them drain your energy. Once you run out of Energy switch to Shiro and use your Quickness to auto attack spam. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

You only need sword, and use Sword 3 whenever you want, I guess. Your offhand and second weapon is just there for utility for whatever you need. Your damage is Sword 1.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in Revenant

Posted by: Nasir.2195

Nasir.2195

Keep the one for fury on until you need the stun break and consume the elemental blast in combat for extra AoE dps, chill and weakness. Consume strength for a quick burst set up with either hammer or sword and use facet of chaos when you expect that you’re about to take heavy dmg. (Protection + Hardening Persistence is really good.)

Or just keep them on and let them passively buff you. Either works.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

There’s a DPS guide on this forum. Look for it. It explains things.

The thing with Gling + Shiro is that it is pure DPS. Works great as long as we’re just pumping damage and not needing utilities.

Turn on all facets, including healing and Facet of Nature, but not the elite. Use your energy fast (it’s usually sword/axe for the best damage, but I prefer to camp the hammer so I use #2 on CD). Once energy runs out turn to Shiro, use Impossible Odds and camp your #1 until energy runs out. Repeat.

With sigil of Strength and runes of Strength, no food, I’m usually doing party wide 20-22 Might, perma fury, perma swiftness, perma regen.

This is a DPS rotation though. When things get sour staying in Shiro is usually the best choice for the evade that refills half the endurance bar. Coupled with the block from the shield, the evade from the sword and two heals I could keep a champ busy while a friend respawned and ran back.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mavander.3208

Mavander.3208

It’s all about that f2

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

infused light is the strongest heal in PvE if timed correctly – you can get instant full HP – also its some kind of “oh kitten” button.
If the mobs never hit you you wouldnt need to heal yourself though.

I Mostly use my facets of strength and elements active (strength ALWAYS @ the beginning of a fight for instant 20vuln) while i try to keep my darkness facet on passive for group fury and a stun-break on demand. If a boon-bomb is near activating F2 to passive is also a great deal.

Facet of Elements & Darkness are good for avoiding a crushing on your party (Weakness and blind)

the trick is to use your boons wisely without making them burn your whole energy regen