I'VE BEEN REPLACED IN RAIDS!

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

other classes could stack STR better other classes could play healing and protection better.
i can apply fury and be a mid dps?
i could go for lightning to do orbs from afar with hammer but 2 has been nerfed and auto attack is slow and 3 isnt dmg 5 situational (break bar only) so i cant.
healing? druid is a healer, a deticated healer with dps buffs and heals and everything
while ventari is still terrible.
i could tank as a revenant and that’s about it.
P.S. a revenant is channeling the strongest life giving creature in gw Ventari
should be alooooooot stronger then a ranger trying to imitate ventari’s power

(edited by Shiro Tegachii.5619)

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Revenants are crap for raids and pvp, move on , play necro and thief.

in Revenant

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Sword DPS is about the same on a single target, our boon stacking has not change, neither did our CC. The only, only difference now, you’ll be using sword 2 off cooldown. I hate it as well, but people are still going to bring Heralds.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Sword DPS is about the same on a single target, our boon stacking has not change, neither did our CC. The only, only difference now, you’ll be using sword 2 off cooldown. I hate it as well, but people are still going to bring Heralds.

Tell me how well that works with your energy management when you are spamming sword 2 now.

No matter how you put it, it’s a damage nerf.

in Revenant

Trice.4598

Tell me how well that works with your energy management when you are spamming sword 2 now.

Spamming 2 off cooldown mean you loose 2 second off your jalis hammer or malyx elite, but gain much more damage from using it twice, and you now get more damage while in Glint. But most people are probably still just spamming auto attack like they were before the patch.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Revs boon duration will always be wanted. thats about it though

in Revenant

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Spamming 2 off cooldown mean you loose 2 second off your jalis hammer or malyx elite, but gain much more damage from using it twice, and you now get more damage while in Glint. But most people are probably still just spamming auto attack like they were before the patch.

That is unless you actually have to use crowdcontrol or any type of weapon skills.

Also this is best case scenarios in which you have 0 lag at -5 degen or low lag at -4 degen or else your Facet of Nature will go on cd for 3 seconds (which is a raid dps loss).

Not accounting for the sword 2 skill bugging out or going for seekers at VG or adds at Gore/Sabatha.

Not sure I’m buying the feelgood charms.

in Revenant

Trice.4598

That is unless you actually have to use crowdcontrol or any type of weapon skills.

Also this is best case scenarios in which you have 0 lag at -5 degen or low lag at -4 degen or else your Facet of Nature will go on cd for 3 seconds (which is a raid dps loss).

Not accounting for the sword 2 skill bugging out or going for seekers at VG or adds at Gore/Sabatha.

Not sure I’m buying the feelgood charms.

All I can say for running a DPS meter for the past 2 months, my average DPS during raids did not change much, the difference is so small that it comes down to human error and party comp, it is no where near a 5-10% dps loss.

But again, I hate that our main damage skill on a melee weapon is a projectiles. I hated guardian sword because of that, I hated old revenant auto attack and I hate this skill 2. (However using it while out of melee range is nice I suppose)

I’m not trying to white knight, i dislike what they did a lot, but they didn’t kill the revenant, just made it a lot less fun to play.

(edited by Trice.4598)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kirk.3086

Kirk.3086

Played at this tanky/sup build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWinfNWNSuJrJRHl/kskygS4S5QJorcrklTlINIZZN++XNrrE-T5QIAB/u/QSlBA4JAAA
For 7 days from amber to 4 ruby with no serious problem.
But not this all is trash, cos i too weak to condies and has no much hp bar (rev no good stun breaks, so hp bar help very much to survive under stun/focus)/
Before can survive 20+ seconds under 2 bodies focus, now can only 5 seconds…
And laughing at condy rev at this build…