in Revenant

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
King Doric/Adelburn/(prince) Rurik
Undead Lich(Vizier Khilbron)
Master Togo

These are the ones I think they will choose from. Not necessarily all of them.

(edited by Skyline Crash.6254)

I am calling the next legends now

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
Master Togo

Nooo… Lady Althea could be fun

in Revenant

Skyline Crash.6254

Palawa is still alive. I can also see Archemorus, Saint Viktor, Vizu or Kanaxai happening.

Oh kitten I totally forgot he was lol, then scratch that

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Which one could bring gs to us?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

tbh i want abaddon, idc if it’s a god or anything. sadly i don’t think it will happen because we have mallyx.

maybe gwen :^)

or dhuum :o with a condition gs because there’s nothing like that in the game yet.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in Revenant

Skyline Crash.6254

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
Master Togo

She would be fun but the reason why I wouldn’t think she would be a legend is because she wasn’t really… A legend. All the legends so far are people who had a big impact on the world and sadly lady Althea didn’t make a big impact

in Revenant

Skyline Crash.6254

Which one could bring gs to us?

Probably one of the kings/princes

in Revenant

Skyline Crash.6254

tbh i want abaddon, idc if it’s a god or anything. sadly i don’t think it will happen because we have mallyx.

maybe gwen :^)

Yeah I don’t think they would put any Gods in because they really only have affinity to humans. Not to mention, I feel like the Gods come in a set, you can’t put one to be a legend and not another. That’s my what I think anyway

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

well.. dhuum is not so much a god anymore so.. if they really wanted to..

in Revenant

Skyline Crash.6254

Yeah, I can see them doing Dhuum. But what weapon would he get? There aren’t any scythes

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Palawa is still alive. I can also see Archemorus, Saint Viktor, Vizu or Kanaxai happening.

What does it matter?

ANet already said they don’t have to be dead to channel their power.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
Master Togo

She would be fun but the reason why I wouldn’t think she would be a legend is because she wasn’t really… A legend. All the legends so far are people who had a big impact on the world and sadly lady Althea didn’t make a big impact

Whaaaaaat? She teached me to be a mesmer after my first footsteps in Ascalon centuries ago… And I promise I am not the only one! She is a Legend

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
Master Togo

1) cool
2) meh
3) boring/not epic enough
4) cool but gets into necro’s field :P
5) boring/not epic enough

in Revenant

Skyline Crash.6254

What does it matter?

ANet already said they don’t have to be dead to channel their power.

oh really? brb gonna unscratch palawa joko then

in Revenant

Skyline Crash.6254

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
Master Togo

1) cool
2) meh
3) boring/not epic enough
4) cool but gets into necro’s field :P
5) boring/not epic enough

well i mean, would you consider ventari or jalis cool enough? they are pretty lame lol…

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

Yes rly. Rev’s power source is The Mists which are past, present and future combined. There is no such thing as “dead” there:P.

Also afaik Mallyx is still alive and well.

in Revenant

Jekkt.6045

Yeah, I can see them doing Dhuum. But what weapon would he get? There aren’t any scythes

greatsword with condis or hybrid.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

For me obvious pick is Kalla Scorchrazor if we’re to wander into Charr-themed expansion. She has greatsword people adore, she’s major character, she’s dead, she’s a hero of Charr, she’s a leader (Paragon-like Spec). Everything needed.

Next shots would be either Pyre Fierceshot (Ranger-like Legend) or Bonfazz Burntfur (Elementalist-like Legend).

Of course, Master Togo because everyone desperately wants Ritualist back, including me. No-brainer.

Blimm Legend would be interesting, as well as Talon Silverwing.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I think the next generaton of specs or elite specs will bring new weapons, so my bet is on a Dervish spec invoking Varesh and getting a Scythe.

Could be about boon manipulation, like stripping boons from yourself and gaining unique power boosts based on which boons you removed. Like “your next attack deals x% more damage for each might stack removed from yourself”, or “remove stability from yourself and nearby foes”, etc.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lian.6528

Lian.6528

Personally I’m hoping for a Pyre Fierceshot legend plus maybe a LB/SB as new weapon.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
Master Togo

You are picking people who either were a profession that exists now in the game. Or you are picking people that were a profession that no longer exists in the game as part of balance/design choices.

I am pretty sure they will never use anyone on your list.

Next time don’t pick humans, and don’t pick things that have professions.
Shiro is the closest you will ever get to something like this, and he doesn’t use soley assasin magic. He is not a thief. All of your other choices are indistinguishable from things we already have.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Revenant

Skyline Crash.6254

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
Master Togo

You are picking people who either were a profession that exists now in the game. Or you are picking people that were a profession that no longer exists in the game as part of balance/design choices.

Shiro is the closest you will ever get to something like this, and he doesn’t use soley assasin magic. He is not a thief. All of your other choices are indistinguishable from things we already have.

Shiro tagachi was basically an assassin in gw1. Jalis is most likely a warrior. I don’t see why they wouldn’t work.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Legendary Stance: B**** Kormir

Summon the blind God of Lies: Kormir, that’d steal all the credit from your teammates, including all gold/ exp/ gears, when activated in this stance.

Skill 1: Do My Deeds!
You shout out “Do my deeds!” That force your teammates to fight for you.
Skill 2: Save My kitten
You steal all the HP from nearby allies to you.
Skill 3: I’m Blind!
You afk in the spot and keep shouting out the message: "I’m blind! I’m blind, I’m blind! " to the whole map that everyone in the map can see it. You’re unable to be hit during the process. This skill lasts for 15 minutes.

Elite skill: The Credit is Mine!"
You activate a debuff to all the players within 5000 radius. All the XP/gold/gears that the other players gain will go into your bag instead. This debuff lasts for 24 hours.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Revenant

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

well Palawa Joko can’t happen because he’s still alive and well and I think you have to channel legends from the mists

my bet is on Rurik for next legend and will give Revenant GS

in Revenant

Daniel Handler.4816

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
Master Togo

Shiro tagachi was basically an assassin in gw1. Jalis is most likely a warrior. I don’t see why they wouldn’t work.

Because we don’t have assasins in gw2, we have thieves. And the thieves we do have have don’t have divine jade wind magic.

All the other choices are humans, or were humans. They all perform magic that either this game left out intentionally or is part of an actual class in gw2.

Channeling a lich will give you necromancer powers. You aren’t going to get that.
Channeling a human warrior/elementalist will give you the powers of those classes, thats a no too.
Channling togo will give you ritualist powers, they left that class out of this game purposefully.

It doesn’t matter whether the person you channel is alive or dead. The thing that matters is that it is something that is uncomparable to a current aspect of the game.

Assasin
Dwarf
Dragon
Centaur
Demon

You are using the capabilities of each stance that did not come from a profession. Shiros ablities are classed as monster skills.

Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Whatever bring gs i hope its some baddie. We are in unbalance now – 3 good/2 bad..

So far i noticed that good are about supporting, tankiness and such while baddies bring selfish dps..so moar baddies please ;o

in Revenant

Skyline Crash.6254

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
Master Togo

Because we don’t have assasins in gw2, we have thieves. And the thieves we do have have don’t have divine jade wind magic.

All the other choices are humans, or were humans. They all perform magic that either this game left out intentionally or is part of an actual class in gw2.

Channeling a lich will give you necromancer powers. You aren’t going to get that.
Channeling a human warrior/elementalist will give you the powers of those classes, thats a no too.
Channling togo will give you ritualist powers, they left that class out of this game purposefully.

It doesn’t matter whether the person you channel is alive or dead. The thing that matters is that it is something that is uncomparable to a current aspect of the game.

Assasin
Dwarf
Dragon
Centaur
Demon

You are using the capabilities of each stance that did not come from a profession. Shiros ablities are classed as monster skills.

Prince
King
Vizier/Lich
Warmarshal

You don’t channel the powers of their professions, you channel the power of themselves by taking characteristics of each person. For example, I checked the wiki and king jalis was indeed a warrior in GW1. If your theory is correct, then he shouldn’t have been a legend. He exists because they took the characteristics of king jalis and incorporated it into the game.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

I want a Mursaat legend with spectral agony.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Revenant

Daniel Handler.4816

Palawa Joko
Turai Ossa
Master Togo

Assasin
Dwarf
Dragon
Centaur
Demon

Prince
King
Vizier/Lich
Warmarshal

You don’t channel the powers of their professions, you channel the power of themselves by taking characteristics of each person. For example, I checked the wiki and king jalis was indeed a warrior in GW1. If your theory is correct, then he shouldn’t have been a legend. He exists because they took the characteristics of king jalis and incorporated it into the game.

Im confused. Are you quoting me? Because as you can see
“You are using the capabilities of each stance that did not come from a profession. Shiros ablities are classed as monster skills.”

My theory is that we channel individuals for their non profession abilities.

The entire list OP suggested is filled with people who only had access to profession abilites. They had nothing special to them beyond their profession.

A lich is a glorified necromancer. You wont be given necromancer abilities.
Ossa was a warrior. You won’t be given warrior abilities.
Togo was a ritualist. You won’t be given ritualist abilities.

The other humans use magical artifacts that were not their own power.
Do you expect us to summon Magadaer into the world like Ventari’s tablet?

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

well Palawa Joko can’t happen because he’s still alive and well and I think you have to channel legends from the mists

my bet is on Rurik for next legend and will give Revenant GS

They don’t have to be dead imo. I would repeat myself but I will just quote the source

“Revenants are heroes who’ve learned to commune with the Mists, a magical protoreality that makes up the fabric of space and time within the Guild Wars 2 universe. The Mists remember what came before, and echoes of those who left an especially powerful imprint on the world of Tyria can still be found there. A revenant calls upon these legendary historical figures, bringing them back into action to enhance the revenant’s own abilities and power.”

They don’t need to be dead. They have to be figures who left a powerful imprint in the mists and you can do that while alive :P.
It’s not that you siphon directly power from said beings but rather you take power from the Mists which containt imprint (blueprint/copy) of said beings power.

So source of the power = the Mists. Type of power = depends on which imprint you “load”. That’s the way I see it. If it makes up the fabric of space and time then space and time as a concept does not exist in them. So it doesn’t matter whether or not X is alive or dead because in the msits he is both and none at the same time.

Imagine yourself being the mists for the sake of example and bruce lee being the imprint. You got your own martial prowess and use Bruce’s fighting style (imprint). I hope I don’t have to explain that this is loose comaprison and I am not saying revs get power from themselves :P

I remember ANet saying how you could channel Legends from the future theoretically but that wouldn’t make too much sense in GW2 to channel legends that are not yet known to us, thus past legends.*

That’s why they put focus on channeling heroes from the past. To underline the fact that they are not from the future. Theoretically it could be argued that past =/= present and that would be a valid argument I guess.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Master Togo that brings Scepter so I can have my Spirit Rift back from GW1.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

I want Jora as a legend!

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Can we have legends that aren’t only human centric? I find most of the proposed characters boring honestly. One of the things I liked about revenant is how the legends were varied in theme and race. Let’s now just have a list of NPCs as a profession mechanic instead!

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Does The Great Destroyer can be classified as legend? Legendary Bug.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Does The Great Destroyer can be classified as legend? Legendary Bug.

Glint was a dragon minion so I dont see why we wouldn’t have another one. Would be strange though xD

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

great destroyer wasnt so legendary when it could be solo’d by a low hp monk

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

• Kormir – Specializes in leaching off others.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Nice suggestions, but we all know that Scarlet is the next legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

Psssssh, it is obvious the next legend is going to be Mad King Thorn. I mean lets look at the facts here Halloween and HoT are getting released at the same time. Coincidence? I think not!!!

WAKE UP SHLEEEPIEE!!!

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

Master Togo – bring back ritualist
Turrai Ossa – sustain warrish
Verish(abaddon’s lady) – dervish like
Lich – poisons bleeding and boon converts(Palawa joko isnt dead and even if he is he is too strong to channel)
Jora – high melee dps

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

For me obvious pick is Kalla Scorchrazor if we’re to wander into Charr-themed expansion. She has greatsword people adore, she’s major character, she’s dead, she’s a hero of Charr, she’s a leader (Paragon-like Spec). Everything needed.

Next shots would be either Pyre Fierceshot (Ranger-like Legend) or Bonfazz Burntfur (Elementalist-like Legend).

Of course, Master Togo because everyone desperately wants Ritualist back, including me. No-brainer.

Blimm Legend would be interesting, as well as Talon Silverwing.

Both Kalla and Pyre would be great, especially since I play mainly charrs
We actually need both gameplays on rev so either would be cool for me (even if i’d like more Pyre)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

Kalla and Pyre not epic enough XD

They didn’t change entire sea to jade XD

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

great destroyer wasnt so legendary when it could be solo’d by a low hp monk

Shiro was soloable as well.

in Revenant

Posted by: lordpatate.4365

lordpatate.4365

What about Gwen!!!

With a flute as a weapon XD

in Revenant

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I’d love for them to add various class-like Legends, like for Gwen they could add Pseudo-Mesmer abilities like clones and hexes (conditions), no shatters though as a nod to the Legends skills.

Then maybe Olias with limited minion summoning that explode on Legend swap.

Pyre Fierceshot could have the ability to charm one pet and have pet skills mapped to the Utility slots.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in Revenant

Daniel Handler.4816

I’d love for them to add various class-like Legends, like for Gwen they could add Pseudo-Mesmer abilities like clones and hexes (conditions), no shatters though as a nod to the Legends skills.

Then maybe Olias with limited minion summoning that explode on Legend swap.

Pyre Fierceshot could have the ability to charm one pet and have pet skills mapped to the Utility slots.

I hope to Dwayna you are being sarcastic.

in Revenant

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I want a Mursaat legend with spectral agony.

Now that would be interesting.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

in Revenant

Posted by: Marxx.5748

Marxx.5748

I bet the next legend will be Trehearne!

in Revenant

Posted by: traviswrdunbar.4780

traviswrdunbar.4780

Shiro – Petrified a forest, turned a sea to jade, murdered an emperor and nearly got a second one.
Jalis – King of the dwarves, led their forces against the destroyers, presumably buying the rest of the world time, if nothing else.
Ventari – One of very few centaurs who were not aggressive, instead spreading a message of peace embraced by the Pale Tree and most of its sylvari.
Mallyx – Demon minion of Abaddon, greatest threat to Kormir’s position and probably the single most dangerous creature in GW1.
Glint – Ex-minion of an elder dragon, lived for centuries, testing heroes seeking ascension as well as preparing for the next dragonrise.

Heroes and villains to be channeled by Revenants need to have similar impact in the world.

Bonfaaz Burntfur – (themed toward AoE damage and burning) – Flame Legion leader and instigator of The Searing.
Snaff – (themed on enemy manipulation and golems) Genius among a genius race, he faced Kralkatorriks in battle inside the dragon’s own mind.
Mad King Thorn – (no idea on theme, but worth a mention) – One of the most insane and murderous figures in Tyrian history.
Scarlet Briar – (combines elements of many things) – Most famous over-achieving Sylvari in the story.
Master Togo – (ritualist-style spirit summoning) – Master of Shing Jea monastery.
Mhenlo – healer/party support – Human monk who survived the Searing, helped end the threats of both The Lich and Shiro.

These are the ones I’d like to see.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Master Togo (plzz)
Snaff
Varesh- or Turai Ossa