I believe Rev shd have got more Wep options

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I believe that Revenant should have got more weapon choices baseline.

I have got kinda bored now with Revenant. I believe its mostly to do with the lack of weapons to choose from as well as the legend system design.

Right now, we got pretty much 5 skills from weapons per legend baseline.

2 off hands, 2 two-handers and 2 main hands for a total of 20 weapon skills minus the Elite Spec shield which brings it to 22 skills.

I would enjoy to have more 2handers and more main hands and off hand weapons.

to bad the closes we will get to getting new weapons are from Elite Specs in future expansions.

in Revenant

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I think they deliberately avoided giving the Revenant a lot of weapons, so they actually have weapons to give it later with future Elite Specs.

Look at the problem they’ve got themselves into with Warrior. Where it can use every weapon in the game with the exception of a small handful, they’ll run out of potential weapons to give it in a few generations of Elite Specs, meaning they’ll have to go to the effort of creating a new weapon, rigging it and making skins for it, as well as adding it to other professions as a default weapon so its not exclusive to Warrior.

The less weapons a profession has at baseline, the less effort they’ll need to put in later on, so more time can be spent developing elite specs, rather than developing new weapon types every generation after Warrior can use all 16 current weapon types. (excluding offhands)

Revenant has enough remaining weapons for 13 generations, whereas Warrior only has 8 (including offhands). Lets hope ArenaNet gives us some interesting weapons.

in Revenant

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

That’s assuming GW2 will last that many years.

in Revenant

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

I think you are overestimating the frequency at which they will add more elite specs.
I don’t think we will see anything new before a couple of years.

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I think you are overestimating the frequency at which they will add more elite specs.
I don’t think we will see anything new before a couple of years.

We may get new elite spec..at the end of 2016. They cant even balance current old stuff let alone new elites they just released. Revenant should get base ranged condi wep tho. It feels unfinished in current state and forcing everyone in the future to use elite spec to get optimal condi build is a no no.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

I think next expansion arenanet will have to bring out brand new weapons to keep the hype going, I mean there is so few options left for some of the classes it would be hard to convince the community it is okay not to.

For that here is my list of weapons to come next expac:
Great Axe, Spear, 1h Crossbow, Books.
Rev: Great Axe (condi version of hammer, bleed and torment)
Nec: Great Axe(condi shroud)
War: Spear
Engi: Spear
Thief: Mh Crossbow
Ranger: Mh Crossbow
Guard: Book Offhand
Mesmer: Book Offhand
Ele: Sword is so frequently requested but maybe magic Crossbow with ranged overloads.

in Revenant

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

I think they deliberately avoided giving the Revenant a lot of weapons, so they actually have weapons to give it later with future Elite Specs.

Look at the problem they’ve got themselves into with Warrior. Where it can use every weapon in the game with the exception of a small handful, they’ll run out of potential weapons to give it in a few generations of Elite Specs, meaning they’ll have to go to the effort of creating a new weapon, rigging it and making skins for it, as well as adding it to other professions as a default weapon so its not exclusive to Warrior.

The less weapons a profession has at baseline, the less effort they’ll need to put in later on, so more time can be spent developing elite specs, rather than developing new weapon types every generation after Warrior can use all 16 current weapon types. (excluding offhands)

Revenant has enough remaining weapons for 13 generations, whereas Warrior only has 8 (including offhands). Lets hope ArenaNet gives us some interesting weapons.

My guess is that they’d rather release warrior elite specs without weapons than introduce new weapons. Though I wouldn’t mind a 2h axe. ^^

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

in Revenant

Posted by: SinDynasty.7541

SinDynasty.7541

I hope when you use #F2 skill,you will summon a legendary weapon in your hands,and legendary weapon skills will replace you weapon skills.Different legendary will summon different legendary weapon.

(edited by SinDynasty.7541)

in Revenant

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

I don’t care what anyone says, it hurts me mentally and physically to main a class that doesn’t have access to a great sword.

in Revenant

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Since Rev originally wasn’t supposed to be able to weapon swap it ended up only getting a small pool of weapons. Now after giving them weapon swap it feels even more limited ironically. Don’t even have a 2nd condition weapon for 2nd set. Adding more weapons with Elite Spec won’t really cut it imo. Core Rev needs some more additions, especially when we can’t customize utility skills.

New Elites will probably take years anyways. Don’t even have all the legendary weapons yet and no mention of when more is happening.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I believe Revenant should get a baseline off hand dagger and main Hand scepter for ranged damage/Support , and also great sword for melee damage two hander.
Axe main hand for more CC.