I think UA needs a slight adjustment.

in Revenant

Posted by: FlashGamer.4017

FlashGamer.4017

UA does feel to strong in PvP in my opinion. There is almost no counter play to it. It’s a one button, high reward skill with no risk, you don’t have to think about using it wisly and that is my problem with it. My fix? If your opponent dodges the first strike, the skill will stop and go on full cooldown. This way you would need to think about when you use it, instead of just press it whenever it is off cooldown.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

My slight adjustment says you need to git gut.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

it’s very easily interrupted, no nerf needed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Hmm a Revenant used it on my thief.. he died pretty hard.. well Marauder set ftw
So well not that awesome compared to other things, like dh traps, mesmers shatter etc.

in Revenant

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

The counter is to use, e.g., a Block/Invulnerability/Evade, or to interrupt it before it can get used. If you can get out of 450 range quickly (e.g., Blink/Shadowstep), that is one way. But it also has a rather reasonable-to-interrupt ramp up, with its 3/4 cast time. The evade portion of the skill does not start immediately either.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Compared to non-meta, pre-HoT builds, it’s OP. Compared to new meta, post-HoT builds, it’s balanced.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Compared to non-meta, pre-HoT builds, it’s OP. Compared to new meta, post-HoT builds, it’s balanced.

This and UA already received it’s nerf in beta.

in Revenant

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

UA does feel to strong in PvP in my opinion. There is almost no counter play to it. It’s a one button, high reward skill with no risk, you don’t have to think about using it wisly and that is my problem with it. My fix? If your opponent dodges the first strike, the skill will stop and go on full cooldown. This way you would need to think about when you use it, instead of just press it whenever it is off cooldown.

I am against your suggestion.
That makes it way to easy to counter.

You can blind/cc the Rev in his casttime (3/4 a sec) animation where he jumps before he does UA.
That way the UA will fail.
UA will also fail if you stand in a blind field, when a Rev does UA on you.
You can dodge/block/invuln/distortion etc. while the Rev is using it on you.

I would not call that almost no counter.

However, I can see that it may deal too high dmg for an ability which already teleports and has evade.

So maybe lower the dmg a bit, but also the cooldown and cost?

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)