Idea for condi rev build

Idea for condi rev build

in Revenant

Posted by: Lytro.9305

Lytro.9305

Hey everyone, I was messing around with a build for a condi rev after the patch, and he had some success with it, but I wanted to get some feedback on it. I’m thinking about switching staff for hammer, but staff 5 still has nice cc
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmnfNWNSuJrJRHl/kskygS4S5QJorcrklTFJNQiHsJbWVNTnSA-TZBFABDv/AAPCAFOBAMcEAiqMAA
I appreciate some feedback for it

Idea for condi rev build

in Revenant

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

No mobility at all and no burst dmg. And sigil of air is useless in this build via no crit chance even if u get fury its only 20% but u cant get it by urself.

Idea for condi rev build

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I’ll make a build for you, np.

1. Use our only condi wep.

2. Use the condi legend.

3. Use the condi traits.

5. Profit.

I know it’s difficult because of our extremely diverse weapon and utility choices for condition damage.

Idea for condi rev build

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Hey everyone, I was messing around with a build for a condi rev after the patch, and he had some success with it, but I wanted to get some feedback on it. I’m thinking about switching staff for hammer, but staff 5 still has nice cc
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmnfNWNSuJrJRHl/kskygS4S5QJorcrklTFJNQiHsJbWVNTnSA-TZBFABDv/AAPCAFOBAMcEAiqMAA
I appreciate some feedback for it

Run sinister if you can handle it. Carrion is fine.

Tormenting is fine (That’s what I use hooray!).

Run Glint if, again, you can handle Sinister. If not, Jallis is fine. Your mobility is from blasting stone road.

If you arent running Sinister, Sigil of Air is a poor choice. youll need a sigil that is more useful than a chance of proccing on a 4% chance per hit.

Invocation is odd. If you’re going to use it (and not herald), and want your air sigils, I’d suggest speccing for fury (including fury X2 Grandmaster) since you have resistance to condis once you’re in Mallyx and reduction in Jallis.

You’re speccing tanky. It has a couple of faults but isn’t a bad build. Personally I’d go full Sinister and spec for (apply poison on torment) to jam torment and keep its uptime nice and healthy, but that’s just me. This could also work with some tweaks.

Keep staff. there’s no need for you to use hammer, and if you come across anyone with ports, leaps, dashes or otherwise unremovable sources of mobility (banish enchantment will work on people with swiftness uptime) You’re not going anywhere if they get on top of you with a +1.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Idea for condi rev build

in Revenant

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

My feedback:

1. I’d use Sage amulet instead of Carrion. Staff is a power weapon only, so the extra power works out better. You’ll get more benefit off of staff 4 and staff AA from the healing power.
  2. Hammer is a bad idea, with only 900 power and no crits, you’ll be doing bad damage. Staff is overall a more defensive weapon that offers similar damage.
  3. Get rid of Jalis in sPvP. He’s good for PvE and great for WvW, but terrible for sPvP. So it depends on your game mode. Glint is a viable option for condi builds.

Idea for condi rev build

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

What I run is the new deadshot + scavenging. For sigils smoldering and a generosity on mace/axe, leeching and either earth or geomancy on staff. Another stat setup that is effective is the wander + undead rune combo.

You may want to take diabolic inferno. As it is part of our burn burst. PP can be supplemented with a generosity sigil that and it does not actually clear the conditions off you while generosity does.

Herald line is a must. The f2, is free boons. On top of that hardening persistence is an amazing defensive increase; as you gain a lot of toughness, in addition to extra stamina regen for having upkeep.

If you do run jallis and want to run the more sustain tank role, do pick up devastation over retribution: (bottom row across) the life siphon on hit, + hit on sides can be a lot of health back on vengeful hammers and other fast multi hit skills. The unblockable trait will allow you to trade with things like meta mesmer and war when they try to turtle. Jallis taunt is amazing for making people stand in your searing fissure, but is extremely costly.

I would recommend glint over jallis though. The boon support, heal, more reliable stunbreak and extra burning is a lot to give up.

Staff is an amazing weapon, it can allow you to kite, prevent or secure res’s and provide some condi clear for your group when mallyx is starved.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Idea for condi rev build

in Revenant

Posted by: Sagei.1980

Sagei.1980