If you want Ventari to be viable...

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

@Zenith.7301
It’s 2 stacks with Herald. Also if this is WvW you will probably have loads of friends (who hopefully play guardian on the frontline) to stunbreak you.

I mostly do sPvP you see so I don’t get to see Malyx’s moment of glory that often/at all.

Also if past all these posts you can’t find a reason to play Revenant competively,then get a different class with which to play competively.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

@Zenith.7301
It’s 2 stacks with Herald. Also if this is WvW you will probably have loads of friends (who hopefully play guardian on the frontline) to stunbreak you.

I mostly do sPvP you see so I don’t get to see Malyx’s moment of glory that often/at all.

Also if past all these posts you can’t find a reason to play Revenant competively,then get a different class with which to play competively.

Not only that whenever someone applies stability to you it’s an extra stack that lasts for +5sec. That is without boon duration which, let’s be honest, you’ll have quite a bit.
Also I can’t understand how he believes that a druid can handle CC better. A Ventari rev is on that requirement way superior.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Because said druid usually carries lightning reflexes (your shiro stunreak equivalent with vigor on top) and signet of stone and glyph of equality on top of rampage as one on top of their already high baseline mobility on meta weapons.

Said druid also has an evade that’s also a teleport to gloss over any static fields or lines of warding to reposition away from any bomb.

And most importantly, the other downsides of that druid are more than made up by hist burst healing tied to a decently long, large aoe daze and a grandmaster trait that gives said healed allies a massive 15% increased damage output.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Because said druid usually carries lightning reflexes (your shiro stunreak equivalent with vigor on top) and signet of stone and glyph of equality on top of rampage as one on top of their already high baseline mobility on meta weapons.

Said druid also has an evade that’s also a teleport to gloss over any static fields or lines of warding to reposition away from any bomb.

And most importantly, the other downsides of that druid are more than made up by hist burst healing tied to a decently long, large aoe daze and a grandmaster trait that gives said healed allies a massive 15% increased damage output.

Since you seem to be enjoying druid a lot a believe you should go over there .
BTW might not be common in WvW but in SPvP if you reeaaaly feel the need for a more escape and mobility you can always slot shiro as your secondary legend.
might be just my impression but you seem to have difficulties looking beyond metabattle.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

What about exchanging hardened foundation and eluding nullification?

While the former may creates issue in PvE and passively helps pvp healer (with healing power) to become more “bunker” (which goes against their actual view) the ICD of the latter makes it a worse option to choose compared to other traits.
Moreover hardened foundation is somehow problematic since not having healing power makes it have no effect which goes against the untying of stats and trait lines (especially with passive minor traits).

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

What about exchanging hardened foundation and eluding nullification?

While the former may creates issue in PvE and passively helps pvp healer (with healing power) to become more “bunker” (which goes against their actual view) the ICD of the latter makes it a worse option to choose compared to other traits.
Moreover hardened foundation is somehow problematic since not having healing power makes it have no effect which goes against the untying of stats and trait lines (especially with passive minor traits).

Not a bad suggestion it was suggested a few times, however hardened foundations would need some considerable buffs to compete on that slot.
Even with Magi’s hardened foundations is only about a 5% damage reduction. I’d personally change it to 15% of healing power to toughness if it’s intended to be a master trait.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Since you seem to be enjoying druid a lot a believe you should go over there .
BTW might not be common in WvW but in SPvP if you reeaaaly feel the need for a more escape and mobility you can always slot shiro as your secondary legend.
might be just my impression but you seem to have difficulties looking beyond metabattle.

I’m already there, but I enjoy rev well enough to main it despite its obvious disadvantages.

Sometimes fun takes precedence over what’s optimal, I just wish I could have my cake and eat it too

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i love tablet on rev : ) may not be perfect but it is only healing class i enjoy. main reason i take tablet over any other class is because it healing does not create any global effect so my allies can spam more impotent fields if they need another water field they just drop it.

normally are WvW comp only run 1 ele and 1 medic rev that all the healing we normally ever need.

if we played in a meta where it was more dps or fight desided in like 2 hits i would agree that tablet is garbage but current meta of WvW i think rev healing is fine.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The biggest problem of Ventari builds right now, in my opinion, is that Salvation spec just plainly sucks.

It is designed in such a way that if you want to heal with a lot of outgoing healing % increases as Ventari was supposed to do, you have to pick conditional traits that actually increase it and give up all self-sustain or utility.
Baseline outgoing healing % increase from Salvation is lower than the bonus from Druid traitline – and Druid isn’t that reliant on outgoing healing % increase at all.

The Legend itself has been getting better and better. At this point, a rework to Protective Solace to make it not a dead slot if projectiles are not present, more predictable/visible spawn pattern of Fragments and possibly something extra on Elite + radius increase from 240 to 300 and a stunbreak would fix the Legend entirely.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

If you want ventari to be viable… make swapping to the legend automatically bring out the tablet at your location and have a small aoe heal.

Saves a click, improves quality of life, and is not some giant tweek.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

If you want ventari to be viable… make swapping to the legend automatically bring out the tablet at your location and have a small aoe heal.

Saves a click, improves quality of life, and is not some giant tweek.

A click?
I don’t feel like it’s necessary TBH, after testing it for a while, the legend is fine by now.
The salvation trait line however needs some improvements and that’s where the sustain buffs can be inserted.
I wouldn’t recommend increasing the healing output any further though, it’s already good.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

I’m still in favour of either swaping the place of Nourishing Roots with Tranquil Benediction or Tranquil Balance with Invoking Harmony.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I’m still in favour of either swaping the place of Nourishing Roots with Tranquil Benediction or Tranquil Balance with Invoking Harmony.

Don’t do the last one.
I’d rather have them merge either Invoking harmony or selfless amplification into serene rejuvenation and make a new trait.

Hardened foundations and momentary pacification need considerable improvements.
Nourishing Roots needs a duration increase.
Eluding nullification is mostly fine but making it damaging condi specific would be better.
Reducing the spread on Natural abundance should be enough.
Don’t know what to do to Tranquil Benediction.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Don’t do the last one.
I’d rather have them merge either Invoking harmony or selfless amplification into serene rejuvenation and make a new trait.

Eluding nullification is mostly fine but making it damaging condi specific would be better.

I prefer my last one because it makes the regen aura on Ventari and Facet of Light stronger. With Momentary Pacification,I am quite fine, it’s quite OP when you trigger it with Jade Winds. Tranquil Benediction would be better if the healing orbs floated and/or were bigger (for better visibility) rahter than staying on the floor and would also benefit from Invoking Harmony.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Don’t do the last one.

I prefer my last one because it makes the regen aura on Ventari and Facet of Light stronger. With Momentary Pacification,I am quite fine, it’s quite OP when you trigger it with Jade Winds. Tranquil Benediction would be better if the healing orbs floated and/or were bigger (for better visibility) rahter than staying on the floor and would also benefit from Invoking Harmony.

How does it improve facet of light?

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

A Ventari based healer should expect to have close to 100% allied healing output in a final build. Other traits are also there to give you options like additional healing sources, personal sustain, or traits that don’t require Centaur Stance at all.

Fishsticks

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Don’t do the last one.

Doesn’t Tranquil Balance also influence the healing done by the Regen boon you apply?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Don’t do the last one.

Doesn’t Tranquil Balance also influence the healing done by the Regen boon you apply?

No any more than any other outgoing healing trait.
I do not see how changing the positions would improve it however. I’d rather keep it in it’s current tier where it has no competition.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Don’t do the last one.

I do not see how changing the positions would improve it however. I’d rather keep it in it’s current tier where it has no competition.

The improvement consists of the fact that your tablet can pulse Regen buffed by Tranquil Balance and that with hammer it’s easier to stay away from damage and maintain the bonus from Tranquil Balance for a longer period of time than Invoking Harmony….and that Tranquil Balance is easier to use than Invoking Harmony (at least from my perspective).

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Don’t do the last one.

The improvement consists of the fact that your tablet can pulse Regen buffed by Tranquil Balance and that with hammer it’s easier to stay away from damage and maintain the bonus from Tranquil Balance for a longer period of time than Invoking Harmony….and that Tranquil Balance is easier to use than Invoking Harmony (at least from my perspective).

It’s also a nerf in PvP (for a minor PvE buff) since it would be competing with eluding nullification.
I really prefer the current order on the Outgoing Healing Traits. However I do agree with Rym it would be better to merge some of them to open up some build diversity.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Which traits could they merge within Salvation?
Outside of Nourishing Roots with Tranquil Benediction,there isn’t much which looks merge able.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Outside of Nourishing Roots with Tranquil Benediction,there isn’t much which looks merge able.

Any of the outgoing healing traits van be merged with serene rejuvenation.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

I’m trying this build in pvp.
I like the concept of the tablet, but the numbers could be increased a bit. I’ll report back after some more testing.

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Outside of merging Tranquil Balance and Serene Rejuvenation….nothing can be merged in a way that is both easy to understand and simple to explain and implement – and this is coming from a guy who’s main language ain’t english.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Outside of merging Tranquil Balance and Serene Rejuvenation….nothing can be merged in a way that is both easy to understand and simple to explain and implement – and this is coming from a guy who’s main language ain’t english.

Tranquil Balance is also IMO the best candidate for it. Not because of how it is interpreted but because of how it interacts with everything else.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The current tablet design is awful for any combat scenario involving movement. Make it a back piece when summoned.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Revenant

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Ventari would be viable if the utilities actually did something besides healing.

Protective Solace/ Diminish Solace
Create a Protective barrier that reflects projectiles and pulses resistance allies.

• Reflect
  • Resistance 3s
  • Interval 3s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Number of targets: 5
    Destroy the protective barrier healing nearby allies
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Healing: 1000
  • Number of targets 5

Natural/Harmony
Collect Energy gaining natural

• Pulse Interval: 1s
  • Natural: stacks 10 times
    Release energy healing allies per stacks for natural
  • Healing: 500 per stack of natural. (Max 5000)

Purifying Essence
    Convert conditions into boons for nearby allies. and heal them for a small amount for each condition removed.

Energy explosion
No change, it honestly is pretty good.

Maybe not this exactly, but definitely something more than just healing.

(edited by emkelly.2371)

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Ventari would be viable if the utilities actually did something besides healing.

Create a Protective barrier that reflects projectiles and pulses resistance allies.

• Reflect
  • Resistance 3s
  • Interval 3s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Number of targets 5

Natural/Harmony

Purifying Essence
    Convert conditions into boons for nearby allies. and heal them for a small amount for each condition removed.

Energy explosion

You have glint for other stuff and honestly Ventari doesn’t need any buffs only a few bug fixes. Salvation line however needs some improvements.
BTW please don’t forget that you have 2 legends. The utility beyond CC, Cleansing and projectile block can be obtained with glint.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

• Reflect
  • Resistance 3s
  • Interval 3s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Number of targets 5

Natural/Harmony

Purifying Essence

Energy explosion

You have glint for other stuff and honestly Ventari doesn’t need any buffs only a few bug fixes. Salvation line however needs some improvements.
BTW please don’t forget that you have 2 legends. The utility beyond CC, Cleansing and projectile block can be obtained with glint.

I kinda disagree with this…..first off Glint doesn’t have any sort of projectile block and secondly being able to do stuff besides healing wouldn’t be the worst thing for the development of Ventari….but the added functionality should be tied to the salvation traitline, thirdly the Purifying Essence listed there is a better Elite Skill than Energy Expulsion and it’s something I would preffer over having Malyx and Energy Expulsion.

However stuff like moving the Knockback from Energy Expulsion to Diminish Solace so we can have a stun break there would be a welcome adition for most. Also by merging Tranquil Balance with Serene Rejuvenation and posibly Disarming Riposte with Blinding Truths to make room for 2 traits which proc either when you apply regen or use a centaur stance skill could be the improvement needed for the Salvation traitline.

Bottom line: Salvation traitline mostly sucks, Ventari stance mostly sucks without Retribution or Invocation having added effects on Ventari can be a good thing.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

• Reflect
  • Resistance 3s
  • Interval 3s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Number of targets 5

Natural/Harmony

Purifying Essence

Energy explosion

I kinda disagree with this…..first off Glint doesn’t have any sort of projectile block and secondly being able to do stuff besides healing wouldn’t be the worst thing for the development of Ventari….but the added functionality should be tied to the salvation traitline, thirdly the Purifying Essence listed there is a better Elite Skill than Energy Expulsion and it’s something I would preffer over having Malyx and Energy Expulsion.

However stuff like moving the Knockback from Energy Expulsion to Diminish Solace so we can have a stun break there would be a welcome adition for most. Also by merging Tranquil Balance with Serene Rejuvenation and posibly Disarming Riposte with Blinding Truths to make room for 2 traits which proc either when you apply regen or use a centaur stance skill could be the improvement needed for the Salvation traitline.

Bottom line: Salvation traitline mostly sucks, Ventari stance mostly sucks without Retribution or Invocation.

Shiro also isn’t the brightest star in the sky without either of them.
All rev builds follow the pattern herald, invocation/retribution and whatever you need to perform your specific role.
I personally don’t feel like the legend loses to any of the others in fullfiling the role it’s supposed to do.
What the current problem is that you need ALL of the healing modifiers to perform well.
Having some of the required traits merged and having some minor improvements to sustain would be enough to get competitive.
In my own experience as long as you know how to use the legend a ventari/glint support is at least on the same level as a auramancer.
I’m against overbuffing do to inexperience because I don’t feel like getting overnerfed and having Ventaris support ruined.
Ventari based support is currently at its best place since the betas.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Oh I know, let’s give a non healing skill some healing so it can be exactly like Guardian Shield but better

Fishsticks

in Revenant

Posted by: Akeno.4962

Akeno.4962

I may not know much, but IMO the problem with Ventari in pve is that it doesn’t bring any utility to the party nor it’s particulary better at healing. Keeping facet of nature up makes healing more difficult for a difficult healing class and you are taking the job that a zerk revenant can do.

Ventari needs to have a little bit lower skill floor and bring it’s own utilities for people to take it to raids. Salvation also needs a rework because it’s just healing modifiers.

Some ideas:
-Tablet is up since the moment you change to Ventari. The tablet follows you just providing it’s light healing, but if you want to heal properly you must use it manually. #0 could be the way to reset your tablet so that moves with you. From my point of view, this could help it’s clunkiness.
-Energy expulsion is never used because provides healing by energy fragments and the cc is poor compared to Chaotic release, so a rework could be actually in place at least for pve.
-Protective Solace heals per blocked projectile.
-Natural harmony is no longer delayed.
-Ventari won’t ever bring damage buffs, because it’s all about peace. For the same matter, it could be seen as a hard ccer (what a better way to pacify), so maybe it could bring some buff so the groups ccs easier? It may be somewhat useless because right now there aren’t many problems with cc in raids.

I don’t know but i’d like to see Ventari healers as a usual thing in raids, i’d be one of them.

(edited by Akeno.4962)

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I may not know much, but IMO the problem with Ventari in pve is that it doesn’t bring any utility to the party nor it’s particulary better at healing. Keeping facet of nature up makes healing more difficult for a difficult healing class and you are taking the job that a zerk revenant can do.

Ventari needs to have a little bit lower skill floor and bring it’s own utilities for people to take it to raids. Salvation also needs a rework because it’s just healing modifiers.

Some ideas:
-Tablet is up since the moment you change to Ventari. The tablet follows you just providing it’s light healing, but if you want to heal properly you must use it manually. #0 could be the way to reset your tablet so that moves with you. From my point of view, this could help it’s clunkiness.
-Energy expulsion is never used because provides healing by energy fragments and the cc is poor compared to Chaotic release, so a rework could be actually in place at least for pve.
-Protective Solace heals per blocked projectile.
-Natural harmony is no longer delayed.
-Ventari won’t ever bring damage buffs, because it’s all about peace. For the same matter, it could be seen as a hard ccer (what a better way to pacify), so maybe it could bring some buff so the groups ccs easier? It may be somewhat useless because right now there aren’t many problems with cc in raids.

I don’t know but i’d like to see Ventari healers as a usual thing in raids, i’d be one of them.

I disagree about the lower skill floor (it was simplified enough any further and you ruin the mechanic) but your idea on buffing CC might be pretty good.
Your overall evaluation is also correct.
Momentary pacification could fill this role not sure how “improve breakbar damage” can be translated to PvP. Also momentary pacification is a good candidate.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

• Reflect
  • Resistance 3s
  • Interval 3s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Number of targets 5

Natural/Harmony

Purifying Essence

Energy explosion

Bottom line: Salvation traitline mostly sucks, Ventari stance mostly sucks without Retribution or Invocation.

All rev builds follow the pattern herald, invocation/retribution and whatever you need to perform your specific role.
I personally don’t feel like the legend loses to any of the others in fullfiling the role it’s supposed to do.
What the current problem is that you need ALL of the healing modifiers to perform well.
Having some of the required traits merged and having some minor improvements to sustain would be enough to get competitive.
In my own experience as long as you know how to use the legend a ventari/glint support is at least on the same level as a auramancer.
I’m against overbuffing do to inexperience because I don’t feel like getting overnerfed and having Ventaris support ruined.

Huh…..what?…….umm no; Shiro is slightly brighter due to the stun break, same for Glint.This is why I am going to say that Ventari does lose out (in pvp at least) due to the absence of a proper stun breaker. Basicaly you have to waste a dodge to get some stab and hope you don’t get hit with boon removal to avoid cc…not as good as pressing a button being free of the annoying cc and having a dodge to get out of a hairy situation. Also Auramancer outperforms Ventari/Glint because he does healing and buffing at the same time as well as having access to both stab sources and proper stun breakers.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

• Reflect
  • Resistance 3s
  • Interval 3s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Number of targets 5

Natural/Harmony

Purifying Essence

Energy explosion

Huh…..what?…….umm no; Shiro is slightly brighter due to the stun break, same for Glint.This is why I am going to say that Ventari does lose out (in pvp at least) due to the absence of a proper stun breaker. Basicaly you have to waste a dodge to get some stab and hope you don’t get hit with boon removal to avoid cc…not as good as pressing a button being free of the annoying cc and having a dodge to get out of a hairy situation. Also Auramancer outperforms Ventari/Glint because he does healing and buffing at the same time as well as having access to both stab sources and proper stun breakers.

They actually don’t. Auramancers have only a small amount of stability from earth overload and their stunbreakers are their overloads.
Also you can buff better as a ventari/glint user for example it’s impossible to achieve perma protection on auramancer. Beyond that fury and swiftness are considerably more useful than vigor, having also the advantage of a superior mobility and more active defenses.
Another advantage is that you cannot interrupt Tablet healing at all.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

How about:

Momentary Pacification

• When you interrupt a foe immobilize them (3s) 10s ICD. Increases breakbar damage from nearby allies by 10%.

That followed by a raid where CC is more relevant.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

• Reflect
  • Resistance 3s
  • Interval 3s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Number of targets 5

Natural/Harmony

Purifying Essence

Energy explosion

They actually don’t. Auramancers have only a small amount of stability from earth overload and their stunbreakers are their overloads.
Also you can buff better as a ventari/glint user for example it’s impossible to achieve perma protection on auramancer. Beyond that fury and swiftness are considerably more useful than vigor, having also the advantage of a superior mobility and more active defenses.

They got Eye of the Storm, Signet of Air, Rock Armor, Mist Form, Arcane Shield and Glyph of Elemental power as stun breakers on top of the overloads….one of them makes it to the utility bar so thats a +1 over ventari. Also what active defenses….stab on dodge…for pvp that’s trading mobility for the chance to prevent getting stuned, provided your stab doesn’t get stolen or turned into a condi….as far as I am concerned that’s no where near as good as just breaking out of it.

Truth be told the whole stab on dodge and stun break on legend swap mechanics aren’t working, Jallis, Ventari and Malyx simply aren’t as strong as their class counter parts and shiro/glint because the utilities for them are too focused towards one path and when you swap say out of Ventari for example….your healing drops because no tablet….or if it’s malyx you lose on condi dps/resistance boon because you were to forced to swap out in order to remove a stun effect.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

• Reflect
  • Resistance 3s
  • Interval 3s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Number of targets 5

Natural/Harmony

Purifying Essence

Energy explosion

They got Eye of the Storm, Signet of Air, Rock Armor, Mist Form, Arcane Shield and Glyph of Elemental power as stun breakers on top of the overloads….one of them makes it to the utility bar so thats a +1 over ventari. Also what active defenses….stab on dodge…for pvp that’s trading mobility for the chance to prevent getting stuned, provided your stab doesn’t get stolen or turned into a condi….as far as I am concerned that’s no where near as good as just breaking out of it.

Truth be told the whole stab on dodge and stun break on legend swap mechanics aren’t working, Jallis, Ventari and Malyx simply aren’t as strong as their class counter parts and shiro/glint because the utilities for them are too focused towards one path and when you swap say out of Ventari for example….your healing drops because no tablet….or if it’s malyx you lose on condi dps/resistance boon because you were to forced to swap out in order to remove a stun effect.

Jack no auramancer uses these utilities because they have to sacrifice condi clear and healing to get them at best they’ll run one of them though usually they get lightning flash for mobility.
Sigil of energy on staff allows me for a similar amount of active defenses as a shiro/glint rev what I sacrifice is mobility.
Also a common complaint in the PvP forums is that the skill floor and ceiling have been drastically reduced with HoT, Ventari is an exception to that. I’d like to note that those that want a rev bunker should request Jalis buffs which I’m in favor of.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Wtf? Auramancers have the trait that removes condi from self so they got the utility slot open for a stun breaker. Also even if they were not use fire traitline, auramancer doesn’t need the shouts to apply auras, it can use the combo finisher leap from earth dager mh to apply auras. Also as far as pvp goes I’ve yet to see auramancer run shouts over cantrips.

Edit: Just remembered gale song exists so even if there is no utility with a stun break online, it’s still +1 over Ventari, because like you said it’s one stun breaker on the overload + gale song + they maintain the tempo of their heals, whereas being forced to swap out of tablet will always net a healing loss.

in Revenant

Akeno.4962

How about:

Momentary Pacification

• When you interrupt a foe immobilize them (3s) 10s ICD. Increases breakbar damage from nearby allies by 10%.

I like the idea that Ventari could be redirected to CC and healing. But, as you said, CC would need to become more relevant so that parties use it, and that means devs decide whether they are changing the raids we have or implementing it in the raids coming. And I don’t see the first one coming. I want them to make Ventari viable for any raid, present or future.

Another possibility is that Ventari could reward people that CC. For example:

Momentary Pacification

• When you use an elite skill, nearby allies are granted a boon that increases by 5% the breakbar damage and they get healed when they deal it (Or the incoming damage is reduced better/longer than with protection)

Could that, together with a better Energy Expulsion, be rewarding enough?

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

How about:

Momentary Pacification

I like the idea that Ventari could be redirected to CC and healing. But, as you said, CC would need to become more relevant so that parties use it, and that means devs decide whether they are changing the raids we have or implementing it in the raids coming. And I don’t see the first one coming. I want them to make Ventari viable for any raid, present or future.

Momentary Pacification

• When you use an elite skill, nearby allies are granted a boon that increases by 5% the breakbar damage and they get healed when they deal it (Or the incoming damage is reduced better/longer than with protection)

I don’t think it’ll work with energy expulsion. Energy expulsion do to its nature and cost is more of a circumstantial skill. In PvE emergency CC and single target burst healing and for PvP it’s a great skill except for the randomness of the orb location.
The highest synergy this would have would be embrace the darkness.

Also I believe they are willing to make these kind of changes to PvE. During streams and AMA they actually said that they favor mechanical changes to improve balance in PvE. As long as it isn’t retroactive.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Well here is my take on Salvation:
Minor Adept: nourishing roots
Major Adept: tranquil benediction
Major Adept: blinding truths
Major Adept: invoking harmony
Minor Master: Hardened Foundation
Major Master: disarming riposte
Major Master: eluding nulification
Major Master: <<will come back later with a bright ideea>>
Minor Grandmaster: Serene Regrowth: while health is above 75% healing done to allies is increased by 35%, while health is bellow 75% healing done to allies is increased by 15%
Major Grandmaster:these can stay the same as far as I’m concerned.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Well here is my take on Salvation:
Minor Adept: nourishing roots
Major Adept: tranquil benediction
Major Adept: blinding truths
Major Adept: invoking harmony
Minor Master: Hardened Foundation
Major Master: disarming riposte
Major Master: eluding nulification
Major Master: <<will come back later with a bright ideea>>
Minor Grandmaster: Serene Regrowth: while health is above 75% healing done to allies is increased by 35%, while health is bellow 75% healing done to allies is increased by 15%
Major Grandmaster:these can stay the same as far as I’m concerned.

I had an idea that involved

• swapping Tranquil Balance and hardened foundations and buffing Hardened Foundations to a 8%~10% damage reduction (assuming 1375 Healing Power and no toughness).
  • A small cooldown reduction on Eluding Nullification (8s)
  • Increasing Uptime on Nourishing Roots Regen
  • Tranquil Benediction dunno
  • Momentary Pacification is under discussion
  • Reducing the randomness on Energy Expulsion orbs and Natural Abundance

Still need to review and do the proper calculations before posting a more detailed version.
I’m also making a tablet related bug list, there are some bug fixes that will greatly improve tablet usability IMO.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Akeno.4962

How about:

Momentary Pacification

Momentary Pacification

I don’t think it’ll work with energy expulsion. Energy expulsion do to its nature and cost is more of a circumstantial skill. In PvE emergency CC and single target burst healing and for PvP it’s a great skill except for the randomness of the orb location.
The highest synergy this would have would be embrace the darkness.

Also I believe they are willing to make these kind of changes to PvE. During streams and AMA they actually said that they favor mechanical changes to improve balance in PvE. As long as it isn’t retroactive.

My idea is that the skill that resets the “moving with you” tablet isn’t just used to change to that mode, so if energy expulsion were chosen as the reset skill, it would need some changes to make it useful.

As I said, I like the idea of tying Ventari to CC. But I don’t want to become a ‘raid must’, just a viable and reliable alternative, so that change in breakbars must be controlled so that the buff we can provide isn’t a must but highly desirable.

Any other idea of a buff Ventari can provide to raid groups that may be desirable is welcomed.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Game built on movement based combat + stationary tablet that is clunky to move around for support = really not good design choice…

Druid is not good either for movement based combat with the mini aiming reticles and players running around like cats.

Both healing support designs are awful, some of the most awful heal support designs I’ve ever encountered in an mmo. Even in games where there is a lot of skill rooting, you don’t see this poor design.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Revenant

Akeno.4962

Game built on movement based combat + stationary tablet that is clunky to move around for support = really not good design choice…

Druid is not good either for movement based combat with the mini aiming reticles and players running around like cats.

Both healing support designs are awful, some of the most awful heal support designs I’ve ever encountered in an mmo. Even in games where there is a lot of skill rooting, you don’t see this poor design.

You complain about clunkiness, but I haven’t seen any suggestions coming from you.

An “always with you” tablet makes no difference from a staff water elementalist, just healing in AoE. Even tempest healer would be a better option since can decide where to apply healing instead of just healing around yourself.

Can you provide interesting designs that no other MMO has used, like druid or Ventari are? I think the latter may need some changes, but no throw all the design away.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

You complain about clunkiness, but I haven’t seen any suggestions coming from you.

An “always with you” tablet makes no difference from a staff water elementalist, just healing in AoE. Even tempest healer would be a better option since can decide where to apply healing instead of just healing around yourself.

Can you provide interesting designs that no other MMO has used, like druid or Ventari are? I think the latter may need some changes, but no throw all the design away.

look at my post history for suggestions…

edit- interesting design? no, we need a proper functioning support design first.

Edit 2- why don’t you go into wvw and spvp with your heal specced Ventari rev then come back with a better understanding. Go do the same with team heal focused Druid and learn a bit.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

I did Ventari sPvP. Tablet movement is fine…..yeah it’s a chore for some (even for me at times) but it’s not bad. I would not recomend taking a Ventari Rev over a druid but I would take a ventari over an auramancer because of perma protection+projectile block.

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

The problem is with the elite skills and grandmaster traits. Compare the rune of water to the rune of the monk. For those that can land the water’s on heal proc, their healing and self sustain will consistently exceed monk. However this gap is reversed when people don’t/can’t stack, or when healing a larger group.

It’s the same with selfless amplification, and natural abundance. NA is supposed to produce extra healing for a single target that exceeds the effect of an additional healing modifier. But it doesn’t. The helping fragments are generated too far away.

Their reasons are obvious. With full pips a person can summon/explode the tablet to produce 6 fragments every 7 seconds. With a mender amulet, were you to collect them all you would heal close to 9k, and your allies even more.

It’s the ultimate expression of ventari. You have to stop everything else for a few seconds in order to heal yourself a good margin, and you are punished for it with bad energy. Don’t be selfish.

Problem is allies, who technically stand to benefit even more, are also unlikely to pick them up.

Here is my suggestion. Reduce the spawn radius of all fragments by half.

Reduce the base healing of all fragments by half.
With menders and a heal rune the six fragment bonanza would be roughly 2,000 to 3,000 less for the caster. Which is about the amount a natural harmony self heals.

Increase the cost of energy expulsion by five energy. Boosting the on summon/explode combo to every 8 second. This brings it’s usage in line with other heals like the mesmers mantra of recovery.

The grandmaster momentary pacification is a poor man’s ancient seeds. Reduce the cooldown to twenty to keep it in line.

This hopefully will produce a ventari that can also sustain him better as well.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

• Reflect
  • Resistance 3s
  • Interval 3s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Cooldown 5s
  • Number of targets 5

Natural/Harmony

Purifying Essence

Energy explosion

Jack no auramancer uses these utilities because they have to sacrifice condi clear and healing to get them at best they’ll run one of them though usually they get lightning flash for mobility.
Sigil of energy on staff allows me for a similar amount of active defenses as a shiro/glint rev what I sacrifice is mobility.
Also a common complaint in the PvP forums is that the skill floor and ceiling have been drastically reduced with HoT, Ventari is an exception to that. I’d like to note that those that want a rev bunker should request Jalis buffs which I’m in favor of.

Even if a person is running full shouts. They still have more stunbreakers than Ventari/Glint. If you limit yourself to running glint/invocation/x you can get 3 stun breakers into the build. They face no such limitation for a second required tree.

Also, better buffing as glint/ventari is inaccurate. You don’t need perma protection. The amount provided by on aura application is sufficient. Especially with the additional mitigation from frost aura. In addition, why bring Glint into this at all. A legend should be compatible with other combinations.

What good is it if only Glint/Ventari builds work. Mesmer make better builds similar to Ventari/Mallyx than actual revenants.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.