Impossible odds

Impossible odds

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Plz remove that pointless super speed and give it condition removal instead. Or actually condi transfer as it fits aggressive playstyle+adds some decent synergy with Mallyx.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Impossible_Odds

“All Shiro’s attacks are double strikes and hit nearby foes. Shiro transfers conditions from himself to foes he hits”

obey me

Impossible odds

in Revenant

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

How about no. The Super Speed really gives it flavor.

That much condi removal would be outright broken.

Impossible odds

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Have you even seen how much this ability cost to keep it up? And actually revenant is short on condition removal so..

Super speed on the other hand is useless as we have no cd gap closer actually.

obey me

Impossible odds

in Revenant

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

super speed going to be great for running around map though. Activate, use all power, double legend swap, activate.

If they wont give us swiftness i will be abusing that to run around ooc

Impossible odds

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Plz remove that pointless super speed and give it condition removal instead. Or actually condi transfer as it fits aggressive playstyle+adds some decent synergy with Mallyx.

“All Shiro’s attacks are double strikes and hit nearby foes. Shiro transfers conditions from himself to foes he hits”

Impossible Odds is perfect as it is, Revenants got more than enough condi removals. There are even some traits that give condi removals, such as changing your legend.

Impossible odds

in Revenant

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I’m not so sure its pointless. I was talking about superspeed in a thread in another part of the forum, and someone there pointed out that, in combat, superspeed’s max speed is dramatically higher than swiftness or any other speed boost. He challenged me to try out out with both swiftness and superspeed in combat.

I haven’t yet, but if he is right, someone with superspeed will significantly outpace someone with swiftness, and positioning very much can make a difference in a fight.

Impossible odds

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’m not so sure its pointless. I was talking about superspeed in a thread in another part of the forum, and someone there pointed out that, in combat, superspeed’s max speed is dramatically higher than swiftness or any other speed boost. He challenged me to try out out with both swiftness and superspeed in combat.

I haven’t yet, but if he is right, someone with superspeed will significantly outpace someone with swiftness, and positioning very much can make a difference in a fight.

Already tested it. It is faster (tested with Ranger and Quickening Zephyr). That said, I was a little sad that it didn’t hold true to it’s original design, because it’s critical for dps players to have significant condition removal, and 1 off a legend swap is pretty silly bad. Your only REAL good way to handle conditions, currently, would be Corruption Resistance which will likely get ripped right and left with how easy it is to rip boons these days. People talk about all this condition removal Revenants have but don’t consider the builds that would be required to take advantage of said condition removal, and none of which is very good on its own.

We have:
- Ventari Tablet Utility – (If you run Ventari as a DPS, I’m not real sure what to say to you, other than try some other stuff.)
- 1 on Legend swap (very very low amount of condition removal. Compare to Shrouded Removal, 1 on Death shroud and one every 3 seconds in DS, it’s a very very poor trait.
- Staff 4, which is slow, makes you stop, and assumes you’re actually running staff for a DPS build.
- Jalis Heal, which will be far less used as other legends came out. The only real reason it’s so popular as people seem to think, right now, is because the other option was Ventari… We didn’t have any other options.
- A Salvation trait that has an 10 sec ICD to remove 1 when you dodge roll, again, very poor and in the healing tree.
- Then Resistance from Corruption.

Hopefully you get the idea. Sure, tanks and support have some condi removal, and there are a few terrible traits that give a tiny bit of condition removal. Beyond that, any DPS build will be relying on a not-so-sturdy gimmick defense… the DPS builds really need a tad bit of condition removal, not the tanks and support. Remember to think of them separately, because they very much are different things.

edit: Most of this wasn’t totally directed at you, Morfedel, most of it was to the general conversation.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Impossible odds

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Hey skowcia. I liked your idea and was considering of making a post about this myself. I really hope more of you guys read what I’m about to say because I think OP’s idea is actually very good.

Okay so Impossible Odds. It’s pretty good. Quickness and Super Speed will let you wreck players in 1v1. However, it can be just a tiny bit better and add even more reason to conserve energy to use Impossible Odds or just give incentive not to spam it.

Here’s my idea built on skowcia’s. Impossible Odds pulses quickness and super speed every second right now. Change it to pulse every 3-4… maybe 5 seconds and applies said buffs for the same amount of duration it takes to pulse again.. So you still get perma quickness and super speed but you will also remove a condition on every pulse. This will not only fit thematically with the original GW1 skill but will also help Revenant’s stay on their target with this skill plus give them at least some supplementary condition removal in the Shiro stance. Not to mention will allow for some counter play by allowing other classes to corrupt or strip quickness to counter Impossible Odds. Personally, I would really love to see this change. It would work similarly to the old Shadows Embrace on thief except Anet can change the time it takes for each pulse for balance while still giving us a little bit more defense against conditions and making the skill more faithful to the original.

Impossible odds

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Impossible Odds is perfect as it is, Revenants got more than enough condi removals. There are even some traits that give condi removals, such as changing your legend.

And where is “more than enough condi removals”?

My dps guard;

Litany of wrath – 24cd, 1 condi removal due to smite condition trait. 30cd with Shelter
Ray of judgment – 1 condi, 20cd
Smite condition utility – 1 condi, 16cd
Virtue of resolve – 3 condi, 43cd. You can reset it with renewed focus.
Contemplation of purity – full condi cleanse, converting conditions into boons. 48cd

Meditations also heal, but were talking about condi cleanse so nvm about that one

Dps revenant;

Cleansing Channel – 1condi removal, 10 cd assuming you swap legend every 10seconds.
Soothing Stone – 3 condi removal, 30cd

Mallyx doesnt remove conditions, it actually even put them on you, its also a condition legend, not power one. Resistance is short and can be stripped without any prob.

So where is that your “more than enough”?

Change it to pulse every 3-4… maybe 5 seconds and applies said buffs for the same amount of duration

Broken. Use odds, deactive them. Enjoy 4sec quickness for no energy cost. Repeat

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

Impossible odds

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

If “Shiro tranfers [sic] any conditions from himself to foes he hits.”, maybe the condi transfer could be used on Enchanted Daggers. It has 6 max number of hits, so you can use Riposting Shadows to remove any snare, then heal and attack your enemy for a total of 9 conditions removed, but on a longer cooldown to balance it.

Impossible odds

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

It would be better to give it 1 icd so you cant get rid of all conditions every 10sec with sword 3 and keep it balanced. Transfering conditions would also open up hybrid builds with Mallyx. Mallyx to cumulate conditions and once overloaded, swap to Shiro and transfer them.

obey me

Impossible odds

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Broken. Use odds, deactive them. Enjoy 4sec quickness for no energy cost. Repeat

It would be possible for them to make it that when you deactivate Impossible Odds, it takes away your Quickness and Super Speed. They do this with Lich Form on Necro. You gain stability but it is stripped if you leave Lich Form. Alternatively, they could make each pulse drain the same amount of energy per pulse that it would have drained per second in its current state to compensate for getting those instant 4 seconds of buffs.

It would be better to give it 1 icd so you cant get rid of all conditions every 10sec with sword 3 and keep it balanced. Transfering conditions would also open up hybrid builds with Mallyx. Mallyx to cumulate conditions and once overloaded, swap to Shiro and transfer them.

Transferring conditions would be nice too. Particularly, in the example you gave to load up with condies on Mallyx, then switch to Shiro.

I think I’d be happy with either change as I feel Impossible Odds is perfect to fit the bill of condition removal on Shiro without having to load up on Lyssa runes.

(edited by Rain.9213)