Inspiring Reinforcement 3 second cast time

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Well, not exactly a cast time but it takes a whole 3 seconds from the time that you cast the skill to the time the bricks stop landing and the skill actually starts pulsing stability.

That is horrible especially now that stability on dodge has been nerfed. Half the time, I drop it anticipating cc but it takes so long for it to finally start doing something that I get cc’d anyway. It practically negates the point of using it at all especially with that high energy cost and small aoe rectangle. While not completely useless as it can help you finish a downed body 1v1, it almost does nothing in a group fight because:
1) It takes so long for the effects to activate
2)Theres so much cc in the game that the slow pulsing stability is almost worthless.
3)Often the skill takes so long that by the time I can safely start the stomp animation, the body already ported with the super Druid life saving cheese skill.

Come on. Have that stability start pulsing out immediately as the first bricks land or something because the skill is very unreliable as are many other Revenant skills
cough Skill 5 sword cough

in Revenant

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Been complaining about this since Beta.

The skill needs to be a short, small AoE burst stability. Skill should really look like:

Cast Time: Instant
Energy Cost: 20 – 35
Targets: 3 – 5
Stacks: 1 – 5
Duration: 3 – 6s
Radius: 300 – 600
Breaks Stun

With the values being changed within those ranges to create proper balance. I’m personally in favour of more stacks for a shorter duration on more targets for an average energy cost (3 stacks, 5s, 30 energy, 5s, 600 units)

Stunbreak would just be moved from RotGD and RotGD made instant cast.

Bam, Jalis fixed as a legend. Was that so hard?

noice

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Agreed. Jalis is so close to being a great alternative for Glint. If only the group support aspects of it were actually usable in a group fight. The problem is RotGD gets interrupted so easily with all the massive amounts of aoe cc in the game and as I said, Inspiring Reinforcement it’s practically worthless as the stability aoe is so small and takes so long to take effect. Right now you pretty much just have the hammers on Jalis on auto at the moment because that’s the best thing you can do.

in Revenant

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

I was just thinking of this and came to make a topic on it and saw yours.

Now I come from strictly a PvE standpoint, but yeah Inspiring Reinforcement is a great field, but takes way to long to place down. Prior to getting Herald I used it with hammer and mace to give myself aoe swiftness, and it’s just a hassle to have to wait for it to be completely placed to get the full effect, and even in PvE it’s very easy to miss with this attack.

I would like to see the placement time cut to about how long it takes to use Coalescence of Ruin.

I personally would rather see this skill pulse Chill instead of weakness to enemies, OR add cripple to the weakness effect. Something to keep the enemy in place of the field.

in Revenant

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Hopefully in April Jalis gets a rework, but if we’re realistic they’ll balance 2 or 3 skills and call it a day.

noice