Inspiring Reinforcement is just so bad.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Inspiring Reinforcement is just so bad. I dont see why developers dont realize they overnerfed this.

The cooldown, energy cost, delay effect, weak effect.

it all adds up.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Yeah man. It was said in so much posts but they don’t seems to care. It’s not just inspiring reinforcement (which need stability applied instantanely after using the skill at least) but Jailis in the overhaul legend. The only thing to keep is vengefull hammers, skill really nice for both pve and pve when you’re not facing a wall or a hill or other kind of upping or stopping terrain. The heal is nice but the numbers are too little. ROTGD need to be at last instant (but with the casting time they want to add to Glint heal i highly doubt there is going to happen one day) for giving a counter burst tool to revenant. Taunt is kinda meh. The retribution traitline offer more for tanking that Jalis legend in all, and we know retribution traitline is meh and need some little cleaning.
They have sell us revenant with a total of 5 legends( with elite Glint) before HOT. Now (and during the beta it was the case too) we have seen that, there is only 2 legends really usable on these 5 legends. It’s a pity. You want some versatility? Something different using differents legends? You cannot and better have to go on elementalist or engineer.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I have to agree a bit with gannondorf on Jalis and Retribution. The heal on Jalis I feel should give protection instead of Retaliation, in fact just get rid of the retaliation in the traitline entirely, possibly making Retalitory Evasion apply weakness to foes you roll into, and empowering vengeance just give might when hit with a 1 second ICD, or when you have protection on. And Right of the Great Dwarf definitely needs a cast time reduction, if not that, then perhaps make it an upkeep skill like mallyx that drains faster and locks you out of your other Jalis utilities while active. Right now you need to be a psychic to use it.

Mallyx I think could use some buffing back to his pre-nerf state, but before that, Ventari needs some major love. The tablet should just appear when you switch to him, and keep within leash distance when you move, the movement skill for the tablet could possibly be instant cast with a 10 energy cost, or no energy cost and 1/4 second cast time. Change the blinding truth’s to a 5 second ICD, and have it work on the tablet when in Ventari, and on you when in another legend, giving you some control over the blind and potentially helping to save an ally. Change eluding nullification to a 1 second ICD, or even 5 second, and I think Ventari and Salvation would be in a decent position. It’s a potentially strong legend but being hampered by some strange design decisions.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Even if you make Rite insta the damage reduction will remain trash. Unless you can combine it with protection (something base rev lack) it doesnt do a kitten really. I tried to use it in intended way before a burst (for such cast time it should be rewarding right?) and see how well it did. It needs to be reverted back to 100% reduction or at least be upped to 80%. 2650 armor in vid

Road is not something that will work ever in a mobile combat either, which idiot will try to stand in it in current aoe nuke meta for a 1sec stack of stab? Do you see any guard using hallowed ground either that actually fits capture point unlike road?

Heal also needs block like shelter. Either we go into tank theme or i want my 200% damage nerf on hammers back.

I am waiting for patch notes to laugh.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Rite need to be a large AoE heal to make up for the low healing from the Dwarf heal. That can justify the cast time. The damage reduction can stay, just make the effect make us immune to control effects or something and a nice AoE heal and AoE damage/cripple to enemies nearby.

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

Road is not something that will work ever in a mobile combat either, which idiot will try to stand in it in current aoe nuke meta for a 1sec stack of stab? Do you see any guard using hallowed ground either that actually fits capture point unlike road?

Yeah i wasn’t to talk about it coz it seems logic but, again, i highly doubt they change it one time but the system of the road, staying on it is just useless in both pve (and now more with HOT content) and pvp. I still thinking that this skill must be changed with something like reaper’s death shroud 3 (pulsing stability during 6 seconds) it would offer much more than the road actually does and can be used when moving, something that the road just don’t permite.
Jailis legend overhaul don’t have the tanky feeling and boons associate with. You have only taunt and a little little bit stability. If you want to have more stability, protection or retaliation you better have to go with retribution traitline that offer just more in general that Jalis legend. And even with that retribution traitline don’t offer too much and the majority of traits are meh don’t giving really survivability to the revenant in general. The only tool for survivability we have for now is Herald. Glint’s heal (which is going to go) and Shield. Revenant have just no real choices between legends (being struck with Shiro and Glint) but they now nerf the only good legends we have without buffing the others (phase travel in shiro’s legend work one time on two, shiro’s heal in a all is more a dammage buffer than a real heal. It was designed for work well with urelentling assault but with the nerf that UA is going to have Shiro’s heal is becomming more and more useless. Glint’s heal that now have a castime and is no longer usable for counter burst….)

Like Burtnik said:

I am waiting for patch notes to laugh.

But i would prepair myself more to cry than laugh.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

How so? I will play base rev in season 2 and wont give a kitten if i feed enemy team or not. Any problem? Blame incompetent balance team that should be fired and replace by a new competent one long ago. I am slowly moving to Smite either way so i couldnt care less. Things got worse much when hated Jon Peters left.

“Now that the revenant is out in the wild, we’ve been taking a hard look at it. The general goal for this profession is focused specialization through a variety of trait and legend choices. We’ll be continuing this in the future by assuring that each legend and core/elite specialization fulfills their respective roles. In this iteration, we’ll be looking to tone down the revenant’s sword damage in some areas and adjust the weapon’s abilities so that it’s less focused on autoattacking and better at singling out and attacking enemies. We’re also keeping a close eye on the revenant’s defensive capabilities.”

In future means only one thing;

• 0 buffs to offhand sword
  • 0 buffs to staff
  • 0 buffs to Jalis/Retribution
  • 0 buffs to Ventari
  • 0 buffs/compensation whatsoever for deleting hammer from the game (for spvp and heavy nerfed in pve)
  • No rework whatsoever to Mallyx and corruption line,
  • No rework to shiro healing or fixed PT (which should also become insta cast due to slapped cd)
  • Base rev still without 25% movement trait (or swiftness) despite the fact we have a slot in adept devastation for it

Thats the upcoming patch. Nothing at all, just sword and Glint nerfs. So yep if thats all they have for this update im gonna laugh like no tomorrow. In fact i already do when i look at “buffed” warrior sustain and “buffed” cyclone axe. I could write a book about how kitten rev is without herald but why bother.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

gannondorf.7628

How so? I will play base rev in season 2 and wont give a kitten if i feed enemy team or not. Any problem? Blame incompetent balance team that should be fired and replace by a new competent one long ago. I am slowly moving to Smite either way so i couldnt care less.

No don’t really but well i was playing revenant for versatility and the ritualist vibe and well versatility isn’t the world i’m going to use for revenant… When i’m hyped with legends for having roles etc you actually just can use 2 of them. I’m very dissapointed with the beta state of the class so far and i’m pretty sure nothing is going to change for a while. HOT in general disapointed me (affortunatly i haven’t pay the 50 bucks they want for that) it was too little (only 4 maps), the personnal story really short with no real explanations on sylvari’s link with mordremoth or Rytlock’s travel in the mists or even no revenant’s specials dialogues for player. I have clean it so quickly now i’m just borring and revenant still at beta state… That leave me two choices: Or i’m going to up an engineer for keeping a bit of interest with the game or i’m going to leave the game for a moment (waiting for TW’Blood and Wine and others games maybe should i try Smite?) waiting for a time when the game can give me some interest (maybe S3 or when revenant can finally use all of these legends).