Is The Revenant Worth Playing!?

in Revenant

Posted by: Noodica.5428

Noodica.5428

Hey guys!

Wondering about the new class, its capabilities and some early tips and tricks? I made a very brief overview to give everybody an idea of my early opinions of the class!

Feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Midnight Mafia [MM]

in Revenant

Noodica.5428

Suggestions for future videos/guides are welcome!

Midnight Mafia [MM]

in Revenant

Posted by: Dionan.2645

Dionan.2645

Great video, thanks. I just hit 80 on my rev, so still trying to gear up and figure it out. Maybe a suggestion for future video would be a build/strategy for starting on HoT before you get herald/glint.

in Revenant

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

I find it difficult for rev to 1vsX even in marauder i think rev is a good 1vs1 class right now.

in Revenant

Noodica.5428

@Dionan thanks for the great feedback!

@Jayson, yes i agree the Revenant can be difficult 1vX, but it really depends on what you are fighting. A good thief can be very annoying due to so many blinds as well as the stealth cancelling out the sword 3 attack x_x

Midnight Mafia [MM]

in Revenant

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I’m really enjoying Rev right now. I run Marauder, Glint + Shiro. Sword/Shield +Staff. It’s a lot of fun, weak against heavy hitting ranged zerk classes but you have the tools to get close to them and once you do, you can melt them pretty quickly. You are easily countered by condition pressure with virtually no cleanses (staff 4 cleanse broken), which gives it balance.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Revenant

Noodica.5428

I haven’t played much of staff yet, gonna try it out sooner or later

Midnight Mafia [MM]

in Revenant

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

thanks for the post….i’m trying to learn revenant and you pointed out some things I didn’t know.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kirk.3086

Kirk.3086

Stuff 4 clean condies… How did you tested…

(edited by Kirk.3086)

in Revenant

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Hammer is too good to be swap with staff unless i think you are a support type. It save my butt from annoying stealth thief and mesmer you know Hammer #3 and #5 or sometimes the #2 if they are trying to kite me.

in Revenant

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Hammer is too good to be swap with staff unless i think you are a support type. It save my butt from annoying stealth thief and mesmer you know Hammer #3 and #5 or sometimes the #2 if they are trying to kite me.

I think it might come down to personal preference and playstyle. Staff has saved my butt numerous times. I’m going to start looking at hammer builds, trying to figure what works best for me before the ranked season starts.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

it is

zerker sword/sword + hammer shiro/jalis. No problems soloing many champs. Pretty much zero problems taking many veterans a once (deps on type of vet too).

Just gotta be good with your evades, dodges, stuns.

I don’t switch legends on CD like some do. I just do whatever is best at the moment. If there is a lot of aoe and quick hits I often sit more in shiro for riposting shadows since its an evade, withdraw, stun breaker and restores 1 dodge so it can go dodge, dodge, riposting shadows dodge dodge (1 regenned by this time), riposting shadows, dodge, sword 3 evade, hammer 3 evade, dodge dodge, riposting shadows and so on

All in all i enjoy shiro/jalis swords + hammer TREMENDOUSLY

PS
Sword 5 is awesome for getting the hell out even if you won’t break bar or pull enemy. It still allows you to avoid getting hit and you can phase traversal back to the enemy.

PPS
I <3 the fact that I actually get to use autoattack. For most classes it’s useless. Here it’s good + many good skills for different occasions.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

PS
Sword 5 is awesome for getting the hell out even if you won’t break bar or pull enemy. It still allows you to avoid getting hit and you can phase traversal back to the enemy.

yeah enjoyed that so much until now that i have the shield.
People seem to think rev is flat, but actually we still have to get used…the gameplay opportunities are MASSIVE

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

He provides what I like in classes I play. Opportunity skills and opportunity costs.
I get to choose what I do with my resource pool.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

I go sword/shield & staff berserker with sigils of fire and air, energy and intelligence on staff. Traits are devastation, invocation, & herald. Stances are dragon & assassin.

Damage is insane on this build. You squish pretty easily, but if you can time your opponent’s attacks and learn when to burst, you can take people out in mere seconds. The miststep on assassin stance is absurdly good for getting to enemies hiding or on higher terrain. When you get focused, you can use your heal to survive.

Overall, the Revenant is incredibly solid in sPvP. I can see them being meta.

in Revenant

Noodica.5428

I’ve yet to play condis on the revenant, does anyone know much about it?

Midnight Mafia [MM]