Is The Ventari Legend Worth Using???

in Revenant

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Hello Fellow Revenants,

I was wondering if the Legendary Ventari Stance, is worth using? I really like the design and concept, and how Support like it is. As a Sylvari Rev, I really want to utilize Ventari.

Is Ventari worth using? If not why? If so, why? Can I play a support healer in some way shape or form using Ventari? Thoughts, comments, and suggestions welcome. Thank you.

-Purecura

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

in Revenant

Posted by: zebbers.6139

zebbers.6139

Sure you can, the outgoing healing is actually pretty sweet with the right traits. I hope that a healer role is needed in raids, i’d like to try it out.

It’s a bit weak, mechanically speaking. The range of the tablet and the speed it moves compared to people moving around whilst fighting is a bit slow, but hopefully that gets changed. Also having to summon the tablet when you change to Pony stance is a problem IMO. All things that I think will get looked at though.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Ventari is really amazing, is just a bit clunky since you have to summon the table…the fact you can move it around is an amazing idea and mechanic!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: zebbers.6139

zebbers.6139

In the next BWE I’ll be trying a build like:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApemn3gmNSuQzJRboNlsP0oS4I6UJ4ENskFflhdjPSZNgEawe3fPG-ThxGABA8IAwTJYunBgFV/Jt9HWS5HpAMTvF-e

On world bosses and such. And maybe i’ll torture a dungeon run with it just to see the healing I shall post my results here.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Ventari plays very well. I agree that the tablet adds a sense of ‘clunkiness’, but it was really fun to have that tablet as an extension of the class.

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Definitely worth using. The healing is really strong when paired with all of the outgoing healing traits, runes, and food. For example, with all the traits, runes, food, and max healing power, you can heal allies for over 6k with Natural Harmony.

The energy costs of Natural Harmony and Purifying Essence could be lowered by a bit, but overall the legend is very much worth using if you’re going for a support role.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

Ventari has saved my life more times than I can count.

in Revenant

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

ventari is imba strong for fractals and probably fro raids for similar reasons. It can permanently block projectiles which is very op. No more need for guardians in fractals

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

No more need for guardians in fractals

Err, not quite. Ventari is good for situations where you need extra projectile control, but otherwise classes that can reflect projectiles (primarily Guards and Mesmers) are better suited to to fill that role since the damage instead goes back to its source.

I would save the Ventari bubble for situations like the Harpy or Grawl fractals where projectile management is a matter of life or death.

Rev alone cannot replace a Guard as the class only offers a portion of the utility that a Guard can offer. Though that discussion goes beyond the goal of OP’s request.

in Revenant

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

I can see myself using Ventari/Glint in large scale world events where I can do a lot of support such as with Teq or Jormag. WvW in closed spaces like keeps or the lord room I can see myself using it there too. So yes, I think Ventari is still a very viable legend just like all the others, just depends on the circumstances you use it in.

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

in Revenant

Posted by: Eremoo.2785

Eremoo.2785

in WvW ventari is really good for sieges (you can place on top of the enemy’s walls and put up the projectile absorb). I was getting good healing numbers with full cleric gear as well.

Still, because it has a kinda useless elite (was always too energy starved to cast a 50 energy knockback for mediocre healing on the ground), I might seeing myself move away from cleric gear and go with dwarf / glint. That’s assuming dwarf gets buffed slightly, the tenacity skill is very weak.

in Revenant

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Ventari is a mandatory secondary swap for me personally in at least most pve and wvw, for at least the reason this is where the most reliable condi removal lies, not to mention bubble.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Revenant

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

I think the idea is great, but in the beta I found the bubble was very picky as to what it would and wouldn’t stop. the tool tip said “destroys enemy projectiles”

yet, any AoE effect I tried to use it in, would hit me. I.E eles, Meteor Shower, or a Rangers Barrage. but I would have considered them projectiles. Also any WvW siege when right thought it too, but I guess that is understandable.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

For WvW it’s fairly unusable because it’s too slow and no stun breaks which leaves it incredibly vulnerable to CC. Usually means you have to swap out of it which means you lose all benefits.

Pretty much see it introduced for raiding purposes.

Kodiak X – Blackgate