Is any dev even looking at this subforum?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I remember the days back when HoT was in beta. We had Roy listen and respond to almost every feedback, including great suggestions (like the smoke effect on dodge or the weaponswap independent from legend swap).

This silence from the Elite Spec team is terrifying. Can we have some feedback from the devs, that they are at least looking in our direction?

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Weapon swap was the worst idea ever and the reason we are stuck in with half working class.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

With legend swap being mandatory on cool down for energy management or for Condi cleanse and stun break, having that tied to weapon swap was a big limitation.
But I don’t really want to debate this.

in Revenant

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

Kidel, it’s the weekend right now. One can hardly expect divine intervention over a weekend.

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Kidel, it’s the weekend right now. One can hardly expect divine intervention over a weekend.

It hasn’t been the weekend for the past two years.

During that time there has been near universal agreement that revs need more options underwater. Other professions have choices. We don’t. And several of our legends really should be able to work underwater. Herald has no ground-targetted abilities. It should just work as is underwater. Ventari could work either by making the tablet follow us or have it travel back and forth between us and a targetted mob instead of being ground targetted.

Yet they delivered another revenant “elite” spec which doesn’t work underwater. Take a look at other profession’s elites.

This is really disappointing not just personally because I loved the idea of revenant and still like some of the base legends. But this is ArenaNet’s baby. An original and unique profession. Neglecting it just makes no sense.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Weapon swap was the worst idea ever and the reason we are stuck in with half working class.

Wrong.

The class should have been had weapon swap. It was poorly designed class. With the addition of weapon swap, the bse class should have been given more baseline weapons. Instead Rev was given few weapons to use like other non weapon swap classes.

Also Ventari should have been stronger on the heals, and Support role, knowing full well the Druid was a new concept releasing at the same time.

Also Revenant should have been designed with additional Legend skills per legend so players can pick and choose. Energy should have started with more and cost less on weapon skills, especially Staff, which never made sense in the first place.

There is just so much wrong with the design of the class. Seem like Anet was conflicted with their direction for this class and just released as is situation.

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I remember the days back when HoT was in beta. We had Roy listen and respond to almost every feedback, including great suggestions (like the smoke effect on dodge or the weaponswap independent from legend swap).

This silence from the Elite Spec team is terrifying. Can we have some feedback from the devs, that they are at least looking in our direction?

It’s been less than 2 days, on a weekend.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Wrong.

The class should have been had weapon swap. It was poorly designed class. With the addition of weapon swap, the bse class should have been given more baseline weapons. Instead Rev was given few weapons to use like other non weapon swap classes.

Also Ventari should have been stronger on the heals, and Support role, knowing full well the Druid was a new concept releasing at the same time.

Also Revenant should have been designed with additional Legend skills per legend so players can pick and choose. Energy should have started with more and cost less on weapon skills, especially Staff, which never made sense in the first place.

There is just so much wrong with the design of the class. Seem like Anet was conflicted with their direction for this class and just released as is situation.

No, rev should remain without wep swap. Many nerfs would be avoided this way. A rework to legend system was needed cus right now i dont feel like i can choose my playstyle/utilities depending on my situation – instead i have to swap whole time to get back some energy. I cant camp Mallyx vs X class, i cant camp Jalis when i need to be “tanky” and so on.

As fun as it sounds i still basically play rev “without” wep swap where i have hammer but basically never use it on duels and yet i kitten using s/s only which proves that wep swap wasnt needed at all.

in Revenant

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

As fun as it sounds i still basically play rev “without” wep swap where i have hammer but basically never use it on duels and yet i kitten using s/s only which proves that wep swap wasnt needed at all.

That proves you don’t weapon swap and perhaps that you aren’t optimizing by swapping between things such as Sw/Sw to Sw/A, Sw/Sh or otherwise. I can play any class without weapon swapping. That doesn’t mean I am being as effective as I can be.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I’ve looked at the last 10 pages in this subforum and there is no dev post. I’m sure I could go on for many more pages, until HoT release.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

You can make the skill from weapons stronger in a “no swap” environment and still I think that won’t provide as much tools as having a second one. For sure, using s/x + staff I find myself rotating between them a lot.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinsy.2491

Dinsy.2491

I’ve never understood the one weapon desire on Rev. It was not good with one weapon, rev has the least build choice of any profession as it is, weapon swap was required to provide versatility.

No weapon swap? Can’t switch between ranged and melee, can’t swap from dps to use a defensive skill, it’s just so limiting. Granted weapon swap was the easy fix, they could’ve done something new like have the legends change weapon skills.

One weapon works on ele and engi as they have access to alot more skills through kits, attunments/conjures

As for avoiding nerfs, I really doubt it. Everyone would’ve gone sword Shiro still and the same nerfs would’ve applied.

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I’ve never understood the one weapon desire on Rev.

It’s this simple.

Most other prof weapon abilities are balanced around the idea that players can swap between weapons / attunements / kits – with varying cooldowns – to access different longer cooldown big attacks.

Not everyone loves doing that. Personally I don’t. I want to swap weapons or do anything combat-wise because it makes sense to, not because design elements like cooldowns make that decision for me.

I would have preferred revenant with a single weapon but taking energy costs into account and the generally small cooldowns on rev weapons I don’t think it’s a problem. Unlike the 50 free energy revs get on legend swapping.

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’ve looked at the last 10 pages in this subforum and there is no dev post. I’m sure I could go on for many more pages, until HoT release.

The DEMO has been out for 2 whole weekend days.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

You can make the skill from weapons stronger in a “no swap” environment and still I think that won’t provide as much tools as having a second one. For sure, using s/x + staff I find myself rotating between them a lot.

Thats not the point. Rev is poorly designed, there is a reason why engi and ele work just fine without weapon swap and rev doesnt. Its issue at the core desing, wep swap was nothing but bandaid fix and in the end it doesnt solve any issues – quite the opposite actually.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

The weekend is over, let’s see.

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Thats not the point. Rev is poorly designed, there is a reason why engi and ele work just fine without weapon swap and rev doesnt. Its issue at the core desing, wep swap was nothing but bandaid fix and in the end it doesnt solve any issues – quite the opposite actually.

I have to agree here. The addition of weapon swapping threw everything out if whack with revenant by not only making some skills massively Op when they could be combined with others, but deterring from the idea of having the second set of utilities to complement the weapons and fill the roles needed. This lead to the devs not fixed the issues with the core mechanic of the class; a band-aid fix is a good way to describe it. The problem is still there and it’s not getting better.

Skip forward to the changing of Mallyx, the absolute butchering of Shiro, and the many flawed designs they started with that weren’t fixed, and changes that never helped, and here we are today.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

To be fair Devs tend to ignore most class forums these days.

Only time we saw heavy communication in here was when Roy was a class designer and he was working things out with us during the original Beta Weekends.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

I agree we need to get the devs attention on this issue. I mean I’ll probably just go back to playing ele full time again, but it’s like realize this profession in it’s current state just doesn’t work well and flow. I don’t want the numbers buffed so that I can compete, I want the core class, the class mechanic, and the weapons to have some extreme changes to them and to make the class work and flow nicely. Swapping utilities is the dumbest mechanic If I can barely use my utility skills due to high cost and I’m just swapping for more energy so I can use my weapon skills which are on cooldown anyway…

in Revenant

Kidel.2057