Is anyone not going to run herald?

in Revenant

Posted by: StickAndMove.6419

StickAndMove.6419

The utilities don’t really appeal to me- they feel a little clunky to use.

Am I at a huge disadvantage passing it up in SPvP?

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

There’s already another thread with the exact same topic on the front page.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jewomie.3986

Jewomie.3986

I was doing pretty good standing my ground on not playing revenant at all…

That was… until I saw what the Herald skills were like. Yeah… my guard, warrior, thief and necro all cried out at once when I played with the skill creator.

Glint/jalis build here I come. puts on blindfold guess I need to get ready for this weekend

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaligos.7285

Kaligos.7285

It’s pretty much up to you; but perma-(insert one of the following: might, fury, regen, swiftness, protection) is pretty neat with almost every other legend.

“Sharpen your blades and guard your vitals! I’m back!” – Rytlock Brimstone

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Well there is actually two major problems with this:

-First: Herald is much more easy to manage energy and has more dps (you can use more weapons skills) than every other legends. Is not really a problem but not using Glint could make the revenant feel a little clunky and you need to really manage your energy.

-Second: Jalis and Mallyx are too situationnal actually. You can really use them with succes. For exemple Shiro/jalis is not going to be tanky like glint. Shiro/Mallyx is goint to be less effective than Shiro/Glint too.

Not only two of the four legends out of glint need tweeks and are really situational but for now Glint is clearly the overpower legend compared to others. Running a revenant without Glint is going to be difficult. And, since Jalis and Mallyx are not going tweeked, i don’t think i’m going to play revenant at all. Basically you have 5 legends but you only can use 3 of them (Glint mandatory, Shiro for DPS and Ventari, situationnal coz is for healing). So basically on a class when you can on paper play some builds like condi dealer tanky (Jalis/Mallyx) or power and condi dps (Shiro/Mallyx) or power bruiser (Shiro/Jalis) you can’t really play them, Glint always taking one slot of two on legends used and Shiro/Ventari being the only usefull legends.
A pity.

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

I’m not. People saying “Rev is going to be bad/disadvantaged without Glint” make me burst out laughing as they are utterly clueless. I found myself getting along just fine against all other professions and especially heralds using a Shiro/Jalis build. Glint isn’t OP. In fact, it’s such a simple legend that a total newb can use it and be effective because its utilities basically boil down to group-wide signets, like seriously it’s such brain-dead gameplay. Thus people immediately running towards it and crying “Glint is OP”. It’s why most people on this Forum use Glint, they don’t actually know how to play Revenant, they know how to play Glint.

(edited by MercenaryNote.8506)

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I’m not. People saying “Rev is going to be bad/disadvantaged without Glint” make me burst out laughing as they are utterly clueless. I found myself getting along just fine against all other professions and especially heralds using a Shiro/Jalis build. Glint isn’t OP. In fact, it’s such a simple legend that a total newb can use it and be effective because its utilities basically boil down to group-wide signets, like seriously it’s such brain-dead gameplay. Thus people immediately running towards it and crying “Glint is OP”. It’s why most people on this Forum use Glint, they don’t actually know how to play Revenant, they know how to play Glint.

Huh? I can imagine plaiyng condi build without herald. But Jalis? Hes terrible.

Glint is mandatory right now due to how crappy Jalis is. That legend has nothing going for it except hammers which breaks on uneven terrain, walls and w/e. Healing skill is poor, stab skill is a joke, taunt nearly useless and can be strafed/deflected/reflected. Rite of the dward – too high cost for too little reward cause what is 50% reduction? 17% more than protection..its not a big deal espesially when we consider a necro hopping into ds for 50% as well. Rite also doesnt work as stunbreak ability.

If you dont run Glint you simply lack standing power due to lack of sustain. Shiro/Jalis may work in pve but not in pvp. Jalis is a legend that needs overhaul as it doesnt even have any synergy between his skillset.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

Glint is mandatory right now due to how crappy Jalis is. That legend has nothing going for it except hammers which breaks on uneven terrain, walls and w/e. Healing skill is poor, stab skill is a joke, taunt nearly useless and can be strafed/deflected/reflected. Rite of the dward – too high cost for too little reward cause what is 50% reduction? 17% more than protection..its not a big deal espesially when we consider a necro hopping into ds for 50% as well. Rite also doesnt work as stunbreak ability.

If you dont run Glint you simply lack standing power due to lack of sustain. Shiro/Jalis may work in pve but not in pvp. Jalis is a legend that needs overhaul as it doesnt even have any synergy between his skillset.

Say all you want about how “bad” Jalis is and the Revenant in general without Glint but it’s simply not true. You say those skills are bad but i found myself using them frequently instead of just activating them when I had the energy to spend (as Glint’s gameplay teaches you to play). Glint is not “Mandatory” and i can say this with full confidence because I’ve played all the bwe’s without her and did fine.People are just used to glint that they think she’s the only way to go and don’t really bother learning the other legends and how they can effectively be used. And no Im NOT talking about PvE all I do is sPvP and WvW

(edited by MercenaryNote.8506)

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

What advantage Jalis has over Glint except fun factor?

Stunbreak? Hmm not really..
Reveal? Sadly no.
Tankiness? Well nope
Protection on demand? Nop.
Fury? Nah
Burst? (elemental+str burst) Well nope
Support? There is some support in form of little dmg reduction but its quite poor compared to Glint boons+aoe 50% boon duration
Coverting all damage you take to healing? Um no but instead we have crappy 5,5k hp on 30cd and 1 sec casttime

At this point tell me why i should use Jalis over Glint?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Say all you want about how “bad” Jalis is and the Revenant in general without Glint but it’s simply not true. You say those skills are bad but i found myself using them frequently instead of just activating them when I had the energy to spend (as Glint’s gameplay teaches you to play). Glint is not “Mandatory” and i can say this with full confidence because I’ve played all the bwe’s without her and did fine.People are just used to glint that they think she’s the only way to go and don’t really bother learning the other legends and how they can effectively be used. And no Im NOT talking about PvE all I do is sPvP and WvW

Yeah i’m sure you can play without Herald but that’s not really the point. The point is that is less effective than if you run Glint. You just cannot say that Jalis is more tanky than Glint. With Glint you are going to have better survivability than Jalis actually. Mallyx is pretty strange now, pretty incomplete and it’s another way to play totally different to glint (focus on condition) so i cannot compare. But comparing Jalis and Glint is actually pretty obvious. Glint Heal is actually a second health bar, you have acces to blind, regen, protection, stunbreak and more evade (axe 4 and sword 3) coz you’ll never out of energy. What Jailis have more than that? Well maybe condi clean but you actually lost regen and the best heal of the revenant.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Posted by: StickAndMove.6419

StickAndMove.6419

Glint offers permanent boons? Doesn’t energy stop regenerating when an upkeep skill is active?

Also, for clarification, I meant the Glint legend rather than Herald. I’m less opposed to traiting it for the shield/traits.

(edited by StickAndMove.6419)

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Glint offers permanent boons? Doesn’t energy stop regenerating when an upkeep skill is active?

Also, for clarification, I meant the Glint legend rather than Herald. I’m less opposed to traiting it for the shield/traits.

It doesn’t stop you just lose pips of regen. Though if you use all 3 of the regular up keeps then yes it will stop because you will be using all 5 pips. If you use a 4th you’ll be going negative til you hit zero energy and lose your up keeps.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rhovanion.8234

Rhovanion.8234

I really love the whole thing on herald but I just find it useful for PvE, sPvP, its good against brain dead players, not trying to sound harsh, but let’s be real, a experience player will know when to stop attacking when you have your healing on, I just don’t see it that quite useful, UNLESS you’re literally roaming with a group being a support role, healing/ccing/providing boons/ressing like a god. I see it extremely useful for a bunker role/ressing machine(lot more useful than a thief from what I’ve tested with)