Is condi revenant viable?

in Revenant

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

Since all stances favour power builds and torment seems dumb on a melee character i was wondering if condi rev is even a thing?

in Revenant

Posted by: neurosis.6350

neurosis.6350

Since all stances favour power builds and torment seems dumb on a melee character i was wondering if condi rev is even a thing?

I’ve already asked that question and the answer is NO. Sadly to know that cuz I like Condi more.
Condi DPS is twice weaker than Power.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zhaid Zhem.6508

Zhaid Zhem.6508

It doesn’t mean you can’t play conditions.
It’s still effective in HoT maps but no weapon switch, mainly one legend …

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

we need a second condi weapon for us to have a whole condi build on rev. Hope we get a ranged GS condi spec or something.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I’ve already asked that question and the answer is NO. Sadly to know that cuz I like Condi more.

condi is way stronger than power lmao. Maybe not in pve but in pvp/wvw hell yes. You only need condi dmg to do dmg and can get defensive stats without a worry where as power builds need 3 stats and have to split into 5 whole stats to not get 1 shot. Also power has to worry about opponent armor where condi has to give 0 kittens.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Since Mallyx isn’t fixed we are gonna to have problems with condition build yes.
Mallyx legend need tweeks on some utilities. Corruption traitline rework on some talents.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

condi is way stronger than power lmao. Maybe not in pve but in pvp/wvw hell yes. You only need condi dmg to do dmg and can get defensive stats without a worry where as power builds need 3 stats and have to split into 5 whole stats to not get 1 shot. Also power has to worry about opponent armor where condi has to give 0 kittens.

This is just wrong on every level, im not even sure what youre talking about.

Toughness – power
Vitality – condi

Condi also has to worry about condi duration, so its two stats. Also, some attacks inflict their condi on crit due to traits and such, so, many condi builds need precision.

yea

in Revenant

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Been playing M/G since release and then swapped to S/G power build last night.

Power > Condi, unfortunately … Mostly because Mallyx doesn’t synergize well with other trait lines and doesn’t give you everything you need within the trait line itself to compete.

Mallyx also is suffering from an incomplete and hurried last minute redesign that has left it in bad shape compared to all the other trait lines.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Revenant

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

Using Jalis/Glint with Mace+shield/ Hammer celestial. Traitlines devestation,corruption,herald

Maybe not the strongest dps but its very fun to play and better aoe then sword, shiro and mallyx

in Revenant

Posted by: Darkheron.6271

Darkheron.6271

Using Jalis/Glint with Mace+shield/ Hammer celestial. Traitlines devestation,corruption,herald

Maybe not the strongest dps but its very fun to play and better aoe then sword, shiro and mallyx

I play this a good bit too actually, though I will often sub out the shield for the ax. It is fun, but yeah, pretty weak dps wise.

And “viable” sure… “good” no, not really when compared with a pure power sword/?, hammer revenant. Unfortuately I find the sword to be so mindless and boring it’s difficult to play.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nyel.1843

Nyel.1843

We only have Mace & Axe for condition damage, right?

And only Mallyx is useful when it comes to apply conditions, right?

That’s at least what it is when you look at it on quite a surficial way.

We totally need another (ranged) Condi weapon. Why do we have only 1 ranged weapon and only 1 weapon combination that’s focused on conditions?

A condition ranged GS would be nice.

in Revenant

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

Toughness – power
Vitality – condi

Condi also has to worry about condi duration, so its two stats. Also, some attacks inflict their condi on crit due to traits and such, so, many condi builds need precision.

yea

Uh, power has to worry about precision and ferocity, what is your point?

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Toughness – power
Vitality – condi

yea

Uh, power has to worry about precision and ferocity, what is your point?

the point is that is that they both rely on more than one stat. Did you not… nvm.