Is it impossible to beat a necro now?

in Revenant

Posted by: cyberwolf.5830

cyberwolf.5830

It’s the hardest class to fight, I can deal with them 1v1 and have 50-50 chance but against two of them I literally explode. It’s also hard to disengage with all the chill, if I swap shiro for glint I can survive longer but sacrificing a lot.

I don’t think any class should be able to skilllessly win reliably in 1v2’s. That’s a clear indication of balance issues. That being said, reapers also have this issue. against 2 opponents, 1 reaper can only survive for so long before getting wrecked.

Yes 1v2 is basically impossible but even when going mid and get focused by 2 necro sometimes I don’t have time to do shiro/evade → swap mallyx → resistance that i’m already dead

in Revenant

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empowering_Misery
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consume_Conditions

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Hibernation
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_of_Absorption

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Riposting_Shadows
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadowstep

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Impossible_Odds
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Echo_of_Memory

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Demonic_Defiance
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diamond_Skin

Please show me how even though revenant has access to comparable copies to all the best skills and traits other classes have in PvP right now… other classes need nerfs.

If you can’t kill a necro, that’s a L2P issue. they’re pretty toss-up imho, if the rev is good he will kill me and i can see it coming from a mile away making me disengage, otherwise i can also tell if the rev is bad and i can outlast and wait for his utilities to get wasted before i wreck them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Well, i guess all those other condition management tools are invisible, right?

roflmfao, you must be that one guy who can’t figure out how rev works.

plenty of good rev players out there.. plenty of OP revs out there… then occasionally you get the one rev who looks like he’s watching reruns of the teletubbies on another monitor in ranked matches trying to cap far.

Im about to hit legendary division mostly solo/duo q and you telling me that i cant figure how rev works? Please give me a break. The olny way rev can deal with conditions is resistance on Mallyx skills that got icd now. How hard it is to strip resistance or even corrupt stability and fearchain rev right as he swaps to Mallyx? Exactly. Go duel Denshan or Nos with your mallyx rev, dont forget to record a vid for a good laugh. Obviously you wont do that as we all know how it would end. We can beat trash necro, but vs one that knows what hes doing its gg in current state.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

It’s the hardest class to fight, I can deal with them 1v1 and have 50-50 chance but against two of them I literally explode. It’s also hard to disengage with all the chill, if I swap shiro for glint I can survive longer but sacrificing a lot.

I don’t think any class should be able to skilllessly win reliably in 1v2’s. That’s a clear indication of balance issues. That being said, reapers also have this issue. against 2 opponents, 1 reaper can only survive for so long before getting wrecked.

Yes 1v2 is basically impossible but even when going mid and get focused by 2 necro sometimes I don’t have time to do shiro/evade -> swap mallyx -> resistance that i’m already dead

MAybe it’s time to create your own build variation instead of relying on meta build which assumes a tempest is going to be there to full clear it now and then.

I have little issues with reapers in my build, then again, I added ways to deal with condi a bit better.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in Revenant

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Condi necro beats rev.
Ele beats condi necro.
mesmer beats ele.
We all beat warrior.
Balance achieved.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Honestly, condi necro isn’t broken. Revenant just lacks options to handle condis and boon removal at the same time.
Scrapper can just straight up faceroll a condi necro in WvW, because we lack options to handle it on our condi builds.
Revenant could stand to get a little more condi cleanse, because anet really went all out in making sure revs are weak to condis.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Revenant

Sheobix.8796

plenty of good rev players out there.. plenty of OP revs out there… then occasionally you get the one rev who looks like he’s watching reruns of the teletubbies on another monitor in ranked matches trying to cap far.

Im about to hit legendary division mostly solo/duo q and you telling me that i cant figure how rev works? Please give me a break. The olny way rev can deal with conditions is resistance on Mallyx skills that got icd now. How hard it is to strip resistance or even corrupt stability and fearchain rev right as he swaps to Mallyx? Exactly. Go duel Denshan or Nos with your mallyx rev, dont forget to record a vid for a good laugh. Obviously you wont do that as we all know how it would end. We can beat trash necro, but vs one that knows what hes doing its gg in current state.

Yes. I am still telling you to L2P. You know how rev works, you just clearly want to be ignorant about how necros work. We have Rev/Ele/Mes in the top of the meta, Scrapper following it closely, Necro being viable to compete but with SERIOUS counters everywhere, Ranger sticking it to the man in candyland, DH trapper yoloing around in bad tier and warrior/thieves permaparked in unranked wondering when Anet will release the next patch. And your statement that is crying over “waaah i can’t beat nos/denshan they are too good” so just because you can’t beat a player that has mained and stuck to a class for 20,000 matches+ since release you think their class needs to be nerfed? Ha. ha ha ha.

Well, kittene. I guess you found your limit. Sucks to suck, nerd. You know why they nerfed Rev resistance? Because it was OP. You’d have a power build that counters both condi and power. Now players like you who yoloQ with rev feel kitten because you can’t spam the 1 key and win.

Have fun in legendary league, everyone and their mother is there already.

in Revenant

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

You keep quoting abilities you have zero understanding of. I google webMD, that doesn’t make me a doctor. Just because you can wiki some abilities and theorycraft doesn’t make you a Revenant. It doesn’t work like any of that in application.

You also keep making the stupid argument that if the Rev in competent then he could match a Necro. Sure, unless the Necro is equally competent in which case the Revenant is now not very likely to stand a chance outside of a narrow scope of encounters.

Troll on, Sheobix

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Yes. I am still telling you to L2P. You know how rev works, you just clearly want to be ignorant about how necros work. We have Rev/Ele/Mes in the top of the meta, Scrapper following it closely, Necro being viable to compete but with SERIOUS counters everywhere, Ranger sticking it to the man in candyland, DH trapper yoloing around in bad tier and warrior/thieves permaparked in unranked wondering when Anet will release the next patch. And your statement that is crying over “waaah i can’t beat nos/denshan they are too good” so just because you can’t beat a player that has mained and stuck to a class for 20,000 matches+ since release you think their class needs to be nerfed? Ha. ha ha ha.

Well, kittene. I guess you found your limit. Sucks to suck, nerd. You know why they nerfed Rev resistance? Because it was OP. You’d have a power build that counters both condi and power. Now players like you who yoloQ with rev feel kitten because you can’t spam the 1 key and win.

How about showing a picture of you being in Legendary League already then?

If you don’t have a picture, you’re just a troll and nothing more.

Everyone and their mother are in legendary league already lol..
Some sure is clueless or arrogant at best.
Try posting this in PVP sub-forum and see how people will react to you. I have a good idea, I’m gonna link this post in PVP forum and see how people think of you.

Btw one more thing, Anet always do their balance half done. They took away the Resistance spamming yes, but compensating it with nothing too. Mallyx still has 0 way to deal with condition outside of resistance spam, which has like 40% up-time “at best” now.

in Revenant

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Necro is in no way OP or UP. imo they’re in a good spot. They can compete in the meta, but in no way do they lead it like DS ele, bunk mes, and mallyx condi rev.

When you’re fighting a condi necro, they HAVE to go full on condi build. That mean’s they’re running 2+ sigs, scepter/x + staff, and they WILL be using reaper shroud to apply poison and burning. It’s gonna happen.

But that’s it. Same goes for power necros, they have very hard counters. You can drop a pile of condis on a power necro and watch it melt.

What you’re asking is for a class that was DESIGNED TO BE THE ATTRITION CLASS to be nerfed so that you can continue to faceroll without having to watch condition control?

seriously?

rev vs. necro 1v1 comes down to the better player. Who knows when to pop/drop their key utilities before the other.

every single fight against a rev I’ve done..

spam, spam, triple dodge stab, shiro spam, gets me really low from the DPS.
I drop into shroud. Get the interrupt in, put down the poison to pressure them.

They will either cleanse or convert to boons/heal. phase 2 of fight begins.

Drop down all the marks to spike the rev. Get that LF back up, get back into shroud 50%. Put down a scythe, try to interrupt for space and timing, they will most likely waste more dodges from the scythe.

Get them low, they don’t have heal up, they don’t have endurance up, so they pop the regen block.

I HAVE TO INTERRUPT WITH WARHORN. 90% of the time, you’ve got that 1 stack of stab and that’s my only chance of winning the fight is kok blocking the shield block.

Want to win vs. a necro? simply outlast it. Kite it. evade smart. don’t let it freaking touch you with spiral. wait for the necro to waste plague sig, it’s super obvious. It goes over their head and under their HP bar on the screen.

Then you waste them. full pressure, balls to the wall. We don’t have active mitigation. You just have to spank us.

this thread is a L2P issue

This is a L2P issue? Really? I’ve been playing the wrong class. kitten. I never knew we had Boon converts or a godlike conversion. Mallyx Condi rev? hmmm let us see this build. Nope, nope…. still nope. Alrighty we have found a cleanse! Riposting Shadows! (It removes that OP Chill, That Kinda acts like the old Dhuumfire which got toned down that was kinda… Strong) but it costs 35 energy.

You should really know a class before you go on to post. Rev vs Necro should Always end up with 100%-0% to the Necro if both players have the same skill level and what not, even moreso if it is a condi rev and you have 2 Transfers up (plague, staff 4) which makes the necro naturally strong versus ANY condi class, Versus a Power rev? Dear Lord help the rev he will melt, the Moment a necro gets any form of Chill on the power rev, he knows he has kittened up.

This is not a L2P issue, if a necro has problems with a rev, the necro is just bad. Regardless if the reaper is OP or not (I do not think it is) is besides this thread anyways.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empowering_Misery

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pain_Absorption

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Demonic_Defiance

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Riposting_Shadows

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pulsating_Pestilence

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eluding_Nullification

I’m sorry, what was that now? Yes. L2P.

Look, most of the classes and their builds are somewhat counters to themselves. If you want to say that power rev should 100% always beat condi necro regardless of skill, that’s stupid. power necro can’t even hold a candle to power rev, so you want it so necro 100% of the time can’t compete vs. a rev? Really?

L2P. There are Revs out there that can destroy reaper completely. Stop letting them touch you. I’m not joking. I’m telling you how to beat us. we have 1 mobility skill which has a long cooldown. once it happens, double dodge and walk in a circle.

Right, I get it your bad then? What did you link, let us see!

Empowering_Misery

NICE! A Healing skill that does not actually REMOVE condis, my POINT still stands.

Pain Absorption

Ahh yes, the only reliable source of resistance for the rev now, pity you can’t keep it up
and it requires you to use both 35 energy and have friendlies with condi near you for more duration, BUT I have alreadly mentioned it to YOU in the previous post

Demonic Defiance

Ahh yes, this trait has been nerfed! It has a 5icd and during the resistance downtime, any AVERAGE reaper, note carefully I say Average as the current reaper build does not take any skill, to figuratively kitten on the revenant.

Riposting Shadows

I mentioned this trait, are you illiterate or trolling at this point?

Pulsating Pestilence

Ok, now you are definatlly trolling, this trait is useless, maybe you thought it meant transfer? Which if yes refer to my previous point and the condis transfered last 3 seconds, and the necro can just use a staff 4 or plague sig for double the fun on the rev!

Eluding Nullification (SALVATION)

You just linked me a Trait line that no one uses…. Really?

Ok, my final conclusion is you are trolling. You could of linked Facet of light and said that was a convert, was kinda expected that after seeing this.

No way will a condi nec lose to either a POWER rev or a CONDI rev, that is what my post meant, but clearly you did not read it or cannot read for the sake of you. I will reiterate the first sentence again in this paragraph, a CONDI NECRO, will NEVER lose to a POWER REV or a CONDI REV is the SKILL level among the players is EQUAL.
Now if the necro is bad, he most likely will still WIN, but then the rev has SOME chance, albeit little, so yes, this is a learn to play issue, but clearly from your side.

However, I must admit you made me smile when I saw your post about the hammer 2, a skill(or even a weapon) no Power revenant uses in pvp, thank you for making my day ;D

And calling someone “Nerd” on the forums when you are the one linking skills and trying to defend the reaper(and taking the time)? Really kid? LEL. M8 u r ir8 nice b8 arguing on a kittening forum. I feel sorry for Burtnik that he has to read that, he might of even lost a few braincells, I know I did. And while Burtnik most likely can’t beat them, you utilizing your logic can’t beat them also and are just bad. (see the problem with what you said?) But you are just bad.

PEACE <3

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

in Revenant

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

If you stay Reaper’s melee range when he is in RS, you are looking for trouble my friend.

Yesterday, a thief had fun of me, when I was out of RS he is perma stun locked me, when I was in RS, he just teleported around waited I was out of RS and I could not do a kitten thing about it.

Just don’t blindly spam your skills, when Reaper in RS pop all of your Torment skills and kite him and watch him kill himself.

in Revenant

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

wtf is htis topic? mallyx has perma condi immunity…

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Im hotjoin necro getting rekt by revs

ZZzzzzzzzz. If you cant provide a vid then im sorry, but idc what you have to say. You can link wiki stuff as much as you want (im surprised you have not linked Jalis heal yet) but that doesnt change anything. If you cant prove that mallyx rev can beat equally skilled necro then it really doesnt matter what you say. I gave you challenge and you dont picked up glove for a obvious reason. But plz, continue trolling, rev forum is quite dead, now i can at least read some funny stuff.

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

To be fair, everyone has issues with Necros to an extent. In current Meta, Necros have both a viable boon strip (Signets of Suffering) and multiple condition transfers. I don’t even bother switching dagger offhand anymore.

However, the key to Necros is entirely related to Plaque Signet and Corrupt Boon which is pretty much meta. One is a stun break and the other is unblockable (but it can be evaded). Any half-decent Necro can’t spam these either, they need to be timed well in the flow of combat so a well-timed team focus on the Necro means the Necro will never be able to use.

The only Mallyx Revs that consistently beat my Necro 1v1 outright is the telltale sign of one/both of these and evade it. You must learn these animation tells.

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

wtf is htis topic? mallyx has perma condi immunity…

Not when I play my Necro, corrupt boon and boon strip meta for Necros. It actually hinders the Rev since they potentially are wasting energy and nuking themselves if they use Pain Absorption too early in a fight without a team member to cleanse them.

in Revenant

Sheobix.8796

Im hotjoin necro getting rekt by revs

ZZzzzzzzzz. If you cant provide a vid then im sorry, but idc what you have to say. You can link wiki stuff as much as you want (im surprised you have not linked Jalis heal yet) but that doesnt change anything. If you cant prove that mallyx rev can beat equally skilled necro then it really doesnt matter what you say. I gave you challenge and you dont picked up glove for a obvious reason. But plz, continue trolling, rev forum is quite dead, now i can at least read some funny stuff.

Lol i dont get wrecked by revs, its more like 50/50 chance of finding someone who knows what to look for when they fight me and if they kite/evade and hold out on pain absorb then I can already tell they know what they’re doing. Otherwise, a lot of revs im fighting are just plain bad, start every fight wasting their double/triple dodge and waste the protection from resistance and stability way too early. beginning of fight is when necro is strongest, since we enter in with LF and our initial burst coniditions. Wait for the tells, get out of the way, and you will instantly have the upper hand. once LF is gone, you can pretty much play with our faces.

75% of the posts you put on this subforum starting 2 months ago, burtnik, are ones complaining about literally every single thing on revenant being “broken” or underpowered. stop crying so much and play. There are a LOT of revs in PvP right now, both good and bad, both succeeding in the meta either way.

kite necros outside 600 range, watch their nameplate for their signets. Once they start falling off, you’re free and clear.

Its a battle of attrition. I’ve played against good revs and bad revs, the good ones being near unstoppable on a condi necro. Once you get past soul spiral and scythe, necro is left with a small coin purse worth of condis and a couple signets plus an additional stunbreak/teleport. That’s nothing to fight against. We could maybe drop the rest of our marks and pop spectral armor on counterburst to get maybe 35-50% LF and go for a second spin, but that’s it.

(edited by Sheobix.8796)

in Revenant

Sheobix.8796

If you stay Reaper’s melee range when he is in RS, you are looking for trouble my friend.

Yesterday, a thief had fun of me, when I was out of RS he is perma stun locked me, when I was in RS, he just teleported around waited I was out of RS and I could not do a kitten thing about it.

Just don’t blindly spam your skills, when Reaper in RS pop all of your Torment skills and kite him and watch him kill himself.

god. this x10000

I keep telling these revs this but they just want to cry.

freaking noobs playing gw2 for 2 months and whine saying rev is dead/broken when all the other people have been here since the beginning still maining other classes shaking their heads

seriously, even with the micro-nerf they got, revs are still severely over-represented in pvp for good reason.

necros dont need nerfs OR buffs. its good where its at, some classes need to be brought up and others toned down a bit.

in Revenant

Sheobix.8796

Try posting this in PVP sub-forum and see how people will react to you. I have a good idea, I’m gonna link this post in PVP forum and see how people think of you.

Btw one more thing, Anet always do their balance half done. They took away the Resistance spamming yes, but compensating it with nothing too. Mallyx still has 0 way to deal with condition outside of resistance spam, which has like 40% up-time “at best” now.

Please, be my guest and link away. Most of the people there will not care.

I’ve seen and played with people good enough and better than a lot of the people in “Pro” league. They make mistakes all the time and its obvious. I don’t go around claiming i’m the best x player in NA, I don’t go spouting “ohhh, look at me, im diamond/legendary tier… i know what im talking about!”

I’ve played this game since beta, release— I’ve seen the metas. I’ve been there. I remember a time when necro was bottom of the barrel, and after that, engineer was bottom. I’ve seen them change PvP so many times, it’s not even the same game anymore. I’ve seen good players and bad players. There are people who jump on the fotm build and wreck most of the time, then cry when they find a counter build that they don’t put a single shred of thought into to counter. Drarnor Kunoram.5180 has been one of those players who has been here since day one. Even when I took hiatus, came back, left for a year, came back, that dude was STILL here. He’s given a lot of in-depth advice on how to take out reapers.

All the replies i’ve seen were hopeless and crybaby-ish. And it ticks me off.

Necro is nowhere near “impossible” to beat. They are challenging, yes, in fact, I think rev vs. necro is a very tight matchup. The results are going to vary depending on what cooldowns the necro has up, how much LF they have, and how a fight opens up.

rev vs. necro, in the first 10-12 seconds you can already usually tell who will win. I’m not saying necros are NOT strong, but i’m not saying they’re overpowered either. When it comes to thinking about how to take a necro down though, it’s stupid simple… and all the tricks were told already in this thread.

Others already tried to be more polite than I have and explained how to counter the necro. Since those bits of knowledge were ignored, I was less politically correct with my comments.

Still, its boiling down to a L2P issue. As a necro, every time I go up against a bunky scrapper, a bunker mes, a diamondskin ele (good freaking luck touching that with necro) or a power rev who knows what they’re doing, you have to REALLY think about what you’re doing to counter them. Our skillset is slower, both casting-time and cooldown wise. Hearing revs say necros are impossible just makes me facepalm.

in Revenant

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

So some guy trying to justify his class isnt OP? K.

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

in Revenant

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Youre not supposed to beat necro with condi.

Olny necro is supposed to faceroll condi builds with condi -Anet 2015

Duuhm Fire with no ICD helps too.

People were complaining about old Duuhm Fire and Incendary Powder, but now Necro has a 2nd perma burning called chill, on top of AOE attack frequency burning from Reaper’s shroud. Stacking 7 stacks of Torments or 12 stacks of poison in ONE cast doesn’t help either.

Not to mention they can deal with conditions while spamming them like crazy while you can’t do anything about it.

You could try…I don’t know..avoiding some of the attacks? Soul Spiral should always be gotten out of ASAP since it hits as hard as Gravedigger before accounting for the poison. Executioner’s Scythe should also be avoided and don’t stand in the ice field. That is where the Chill comes from. This seems obvious, but I see people doing it all the time.

I know Mallyx Revenants have gotten used to just ignoring condition attacks, but it really isn’t impossible to beat a condi Necro with any profession. Mallyx Heralds should still have a strong shot at it, since they only observe the conditions about 40% of the time anyway. Necro boonstrip has cooldowns, after all.

doesn’t matter if you avoid executioner’s scythe or chill shout or all the reaper attacks

you die by no cast time plague signet, which transfer 5 conditions also corrupt 2 boons and it’s 1200 range…

So once that pops, hit Pain Absorption. Bam, you aren’t dying to those (up to) 7 condis. The more allies in the area, the less you have to worry about it. If they’re running Curses with Plague Sending, that one can be baited out with a single stack of 3 different condis. You know it’s coming, so save some energy for when it does. Or bait its stunbreak functionality early so they can’t use it for 24 seconds.

And yes, you can see when Plague Signet pops, as the icon appears over the Necro’s head.

doesnt matter if we hit pain absorption or not, just use another signet to corrupt the resistance
not to mention, necro can easily set up plague by corrupting one of the stab on dodge to fear then plague, shiro mallyx only have one chance to cover the resistance with one with nature for 8 seconds, every 25 seconds.
necro can easily chill or tickle the rev with bleed or weapon swap easy chill to force the mallyx resistance

That’s really not that easy to do, but it also requires blowing two signets, which have the same cooldown as Facet of Nature.

Which means yes, you can counter it just fine.

You have the tools to beat a condi Necro in the meta build, but it requires more thought and planning now. Using conditions to try to take down a Necro has always been an uphill battle by design, but far from impossible.

You don’t need to corrupt through one with nature, just kit for 8 second and their resistance is free to corrupt for the next 17 seconds.

One With Nature has a shorter cast time than any signet aside from Plague. You can use it in response to them casting another to corrupt.

One with Nature has has 1/4 cast time, signet has 3/4 cast time, let’s say you see the signet the same time he uses it (which is impossible btw, that would require you to see through the future) you still have to react to it within 1/2 seconds
and let’s assume you have 50-70 ping.
that’s some next level super human stuff right there.

50-70 ping is .05-.07 seconds. Average human reaction time is .24 seconds. .24+.25+.07=.56 seconds total time, giving you quite a reasonable time frame in total. No precognition necessary.

I wish I had a constant ping of 50-70…that would be nice.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Revenant

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Youre not supposed to beat necro with condi.

Olny necro is supposed to faceroll condi builds with condi -Anet 2015

Duuhm Fire with no ICD helps too.

People were complaining about old Duuhm Fire and Incendary Powder, but now Necro has a 2nd perma burning called chill, on top of AOE attack frequency burning from Reaper’s shroud. Stacking 7 stacks of Torments or 12 stacks of poison in ONE cast doesn’t help either.

Not to mention they can deal with conditions while spamming them like crazy while you can’t do anything about it.

You could try…I don’t know..avoiding some of the attacks? Soul Spiral should always be gotten out of ASAP since it hits as hard as Gravedigger before accounting for the poison. Executioner’s Scythe should also be avoided and don’t stand in the ice field. That is where the Chill comes from. This seems obvious, but I see people doing it all the time.

I know Mallyx Revenants have gotten used to just ignoring condition attacks, but it really isn’t impossible to beat a condi Necro with any profession. Mallyx Heralds should still have a strong shot at it, since they only observe the conditions about 40% of the time anyway. Necro boonstrip has cooldowns, after all.

doesn’t matter if you avoid executioner’s scythe or chill shout or all the reaper attacks

you die by no cast time plague signet, which transfer 5 conditions also corrupt 2 boons and it’s 1200 range…

So once that pops, hit Pain Absorption. Bam, you aren’t dying to those (up to) 7 condis. The more allies in the area, the less you have to worry about it. If they’re running Curses with Plague Sending, that one can be baited out with a single stack of 3 different condis. You know it’s coming, so save some energy for when it does. Or bait its stunbreak functionality early so they can’t use it for 24 seconds.

And yes, you can see when Plague Signet pops, as the icon appears over the Necro’s head.

doesnt matter if we hit pain absorption or not, just use another signet to corrupt the resistance
not to mention, necro can easily set up plague by corrupting one of the stab on dodge to fear then plague, shiro mallyx only have one chance to cover the resistance with one with nature for 8 seconds, every 25 seconds.
necro can easily chill or tickle the rev with bleed or weapon swap easy chill to force the mallyx resistance

That’s really not that easy to do, but it also requires blowing two signets, which have the same cooldown as Facet of Nature.

Which means yes, you can counter it just fine.

You have the tools to beat a condi Necro in the meta build, but it requires more thought and planning now. Using conditions to try to take down a Necro has always been an uphill battle by design, but far from impossible.

You don’t need to corrupt through one with nature, just kit for 8 second and their resistance is free to corrupt for the next 17 seconds.

One With Nature has a shorter cast time than any signet aside from Plague. You can use it in response to them casting another to corrupt.

One with Nature has has 1/4 cast time, signet has 3/4 cast time, let’s say you see the signet the same time he uses it (which is impossible btw, that would require you to see through the future) you still have to react to it within 1/2 seconds
and let’s assume you have 50-70 ping.
that’s some next level super human stuff right there.

50-70 ping is .05-.07 seconds. Average human reaction time is .24 seconds. .24+.25+.07=.56 seconds total time, giving you quite a reasonable time frame in total. No precognition necessary.

I wish I had a constant ping of 50-70…that would be nice.

Oh, I do too, but that was his example. Even a ping as high as 200 is still considered reasonable for that particular sequence, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Revenant

Aomine.5012

Please, be my guest and link away. Most of the people there will not care.

I’ve seen and played with people good enough and better than a lot of the people in “Pro” league. They make mistakes all the time and its obvious. I don’t go around claiming i’m the best x player in NA, I don’t go spouting “ohhh, look at me, im diamond/legendary tier… i know what im talking about!”

I’ve played this game since beta, release— I’ve seen the metas. I’ve been there. I remember a time when necro was bottom of the barrel, and after that, engineer was bottom. I’ve seen them change PvP so many times, it’s not even the same game anymore. I’ve seen good players and bad players. There are people who jump on the fotm build and wreck most of the time, then cry when they find a counter build that they don’t put a single shred of thought into to counter. Drarnor Kunoram.5180 has been one of those players who has been here since day one. Even when I took hiatus, came back, left for a year, came back, that dude was STILL here. He’s given a lot of in-depth advice on how to take out reapers.

All the replies i’ve seen were hopeless and crybaby-ish. And it ticks me off.

Necro is nowhere near “impossible” to beat. They are challenging, yes, in fact, I think rev vs. necro is a very tight matchup. The results are going to vary depending on what cooldowns the necro has up, how much LF they have, and how a fight opens up.

rev vs. necro, in the first 10-12 seconds you can already usually tell who will win. I’m not saying necros are NOT strong, but i’m not saying they’re overpowered either. When it comes to thinking about how to take a necro down though, it’s stupid simple… and all the tricks were told already in this thread.

Others already tried to be more polite than I have and explained how to counter the necro. Since those bits of knowledge were ignored, I was less politically correct with my comments.

Still, its boiling down to a L2P issue. As a necro, every time I go up against a bunky scrapper, a bunker mes, a diamondskin ele (good freaking luck touching that with necro) or a power rev who knows what they’re doing, you have to REALLY think about what you’re doing to counter them. Our skillset is slower, both casting-time and cooldown wise. Hearing revs say necros are impossible just makes me facepalm.

So where’s your picture of being in legendary league already?
You said everyone’s there already because it’s easy right?
Or like we suspected, you have none?
All bluff and no meat?
Or someone imaginary thought being in legendary league is easy?

Btw you insult people without any real argument or proof, and use only Reaper’s perspective to judge people as l2p or not. This is by no means objective. If you can’t use Revenent perspective, or proof your argument by using Revenant to beat competent Reaper in HIGH DIVISION RANK PLAY, your argument has little value other than white-knighting Reaper and insulting people.

One more thing, I’m using Reaper as my main class to climb the PVP league atm because after numerous attempts, I find that Reaper is the strongest and easiest to perform well in PVP. I saw at least 4 Reapers every matches (Including me ofc).

I’m well aware that I’m being being carried by the build (And I made alteration, which is quite different from Meta Battle ones, to make it fit Solo-Q style more), and know what Reaper is capable of, and what classes I can easily face-rolled. (Cond Rev being one) You should know that you’re being carried by the OP spec too and stop thinking you beat others because of how good you play and tell other Rev to L2P.

Reaper eats Rev 24/7. If you use a Reaper and still lose to Rev, it’s clearly a L2P issue on your part. It’s not 50/50

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Revenant

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So, basically what Revenant players are saying is now that they can’t ignore enemy condition builds entirely on Mallyx, that they won’t try being more careful with timings of the tools they have? I’ve already explained how to use the tools already in the build against a condition Reaper, but only got replies that ignored facts.

Let me summarize

• Keep an eye on the weapon set they are on. Shield isn’t helpful against staff, but Riposting Shadows is. Conversely, shield is great against scepter and stops locust and plague signets.
  • Look at his nameplate to identify his build. Two signets likely means he is running consume conditions as his heal, meaning the fight will probably be more drawn out, but their only unavoidable corruption isn’t a factor. You can save facet of nature to counter signet of the locust. However, this also means they could be running a Curses variant. I suggest hitting him with sword 1 and 2 once each to open, as that will most likely force plague sending to proc early on when you probably don’t have boons to corrupt.
  • If your chill gets transferred, it will not deal damage.
  • Get out of range of Reaper’s Shroud when he enters. Condition Necros have bad life force generation, so they won’t sit in Shroud longer than they have to. Beware, though, that Executioner’s Scythe has a much longer range than the other Shroud skills, so dodge this if you are remotely close to the Reaper. Watch what he does next. If he pops soul spiral in the ice field when you’re out of range for the regular hits, that’s good for you. If he uses Death’s Charge for frost armor, account for that in your play over the next few seconds. On the Curses variant, make sure you avoid the last hit of the charge, as that will corrupt.
  • Once they drop Shroud, you have 10 seconds where they lack any defense. Meta build has no weakness access and no blinds outside of Shroud. Only thing they have is Protection from last gasp and possibly active spectral armor.
  • Save Pain Absorption for after they use Plague Signet. This will be the highest influx of conditions you see, and you can’t react to the cast time. Alternatively, bait the signet with Shiro elite.
  • Don’t use Facet of Nature as part of a rotation. You need to save it to cover resistance. Signet of Vampirism, being unavoidable, also gives the most response time. If they aren’t running SoV, Locust is the best one to respond to with it. It casts fast enough to be reasonably used as a reaction.
  • Plague Signet can be encouraged to not get used by limiting what you apply. This depends on the Reaper player, though, but trying out sticking to one or two condis or low stacks of multiple can cause the Reaper to hold off. In teamfight, this is nigh impossible because of the conditions plague signet pulls from allies.
  • Stay above 50% health. Once Chill of Death starts to proc, things are going to become really difficult.
  • Plague signet can be blocked! If you land a good condition burst, you can immediately jump into Crystal Hibernation to not only recover, but also deny the transfer back . Revenant conditions tend to be shorter duration, which helps out a lot against Necros. Putrid Mark will transfer though, but it lacks boon corruption and only transfers 3/target.
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Revenant

Aomine.5012

So, basically what Revenant players are saying is now that they can’t ignore enemy condition builds entirely on Mallyx, that they won’t try being more careful with timings of the tools they have? I’ve already explained how to use the tools already in the build against a condition Reaper, but only got replies that ignored facts.

Let me summarize

• Keep an eye on the weapon set they are on. Shield isn’t helpful against staff, but Riposting Shadows is. Conversely, shield is great against scepter and stops locust and plague signets.
  • Look at his nameplate to identify his build. Two signets likely means he is running consume conditions as his heal, meaning the fight will probably be more drawn out, but their only unavoidable corruption isn’t a factor. You can save facet of nature to counter signet of the locust. However, this also means they could be running a Curses variant. I suggest hitting him with sword 1 and 2 once each to open, as that will most likely force plague sending to proc early on when you probably don’t have boons to corrupt.
  • Get out of range of Reaper’s Shroud when he enters. Condition Necros have bad life force generation, so they won’t sit in Shroud longer than they have to. Beware, though, that Executioner’s Scythe has a much longer range than the other Shroud skills, so dodge this if you are remotely close to the Reaper. Watch what he does next. If he pops soul spiral in the ice field when you’re out of range for the regular hits, that’s good for you. If he uses Death’s Charge for frost armor, account for that in your play over the next few seconds. On the Curses variant, make sure you avoid the last hit of the charge, as that will corrupt.
  • Once they drop Shroud, you have 10 seconds where they lack any defense. Meta build has no weakness access and no blinds outside of Shroud. Only thing they have is Protection from last gasp and possibly active spectral armor.
  • Save Pain Absorption for after they use Plague Signet. This will be the highest influx of conditions you see, and you can’t react to the cast time. Alternatively, bait the signet with Shiro elite.
  • Don’t use Facet of Nature as part of a rotation. You need to save it to cover resistance. Signet of Vampirism, being unavoidable, also gives the most response time. If they aren’t running SoV, Locust is the best one to respond to with it. It casts fast enough to be reasonably used as a reaction.
  • Plague Signet can be encouraged to not get used by limiting what you apply. This depends on the Reaper player, though, but trying out sticking to one or two condis or low stacks of multiple can cause the Reaper to hold off. In teamfight, this is nigh impossible because of the conditions plague signet pulls from allies.
  • Stay above 50% health. Once Chill of Death starts to proc, things are going to become really difficult.
  • Plague signet can be blocked! If you land a good condition burst, you can immediately jump into Crystal Hibernation to not only recover, but also deny the transfer back . Revenant conditions tend to be shorter duration, which helps out a lot against Necros. Putrid Mark will transfer though, but it lacks boon corruption and only transfers 3/target.

Kinda feel funny about your “fact” being contradictory to most real-life scenario.

Necro vulnerable to condition when not in RS? Nope, turning back Necro is the way I use to deal with condition that waste my LF, that I’d try to send back my conditions with unblockable skills. Cond Rev is not gonna hurt me while I’m in shoud, nor would it hurt me when I’m in normal form.

Also I find it strange that you assume Reaper has bad LF generation. In fact it has better ways to gain LF than regular Necro. It also can generate LF while in Shoud if the target is chilled. Rev would almost always be chilled in Mallyx Stance since it does not remove condition at all, but rather just tank it with Resistence.

Btw, I’m playing a mix of MM with condition Reaper spec, and I find it even easier to deal with those Revenants. They can’t hurt me with cond, nor can they hurt me with their power build thanks to UA’s multiple target weaknesses. Their CC is too telegraphic and easy to dodge. They can’t remove too many conditions. My minions can transfer all the condition back to him. I have many unblockable skills that can just by-pass all the blocks from Rev and break their healing.

Seriously, as Reaper, if you lose to Rev, it’s a L2P issue.

in Revenant

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Condition Necro does have bad life force generation compared to Power. Reaper doesn’t change this dynamic at all. Yes, Condition Reaper has better life force gain than base, but Power builds gain even more on that front.

Being out of Shroud means no defense. This is not a case of being unable to manage conditions, but the Mallyx/Shiro build is also running significant Power damage capabilities, which Necros deal far less well with when they lack Weakness.

And if people haven’t learned by now that trying to fight a Necro solely using conditions doesn’t result in a really hard time, you really can’t help them at this point. Necros are, by design, very strong against condition builds of any type. But meta Mallyx Revenant builds aren’t only capable of using conditions either, and they are certainly not without ways of handling a Reaper, even after the Demonic Defiance nerf.

Maybe when you’re fighting a Necro, your regular active sets should be sword mainhand and Mallyx, using Mallyx skills sparingly (save elite, use that every 5 seconds) instead of sticking on your mace. Trying to condi burst Necros has never ended well for their attacker.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Revenant

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

There are counters to most class & builds. At the moment, I would consider necros a soft counter to revs at the very least. I don’t call it quite hard counter just because if a rev catches the necro with no lifeforce, then the rev has a chance. Just remember to not attempt to stack condi’s on the necro thinking it’ll be an easy win like you do with other classes. Because those condi’s will get sent right back to you, and you’re actually helping the necro secure a win despite having no lifeforce. Pre-nerf you could have enough resistance uptime to not worry about condi’s that get sent back to you. Now you do have to worry about them.

If you catch a necro with no or low lifeforce, remember hard brute force and cc’s screw them up outside of shroud be it necro or reaper. This hasn’t changed and is still a necro’s weakness. It’ll be a hard fight no doubt.

Anyways don’t feel bad, imagine how a condi necro feels going up against a diamond skin tempest. Some classes/builds simply counter others.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Let me summarize

Solid advices here. Not much more to add.

From myself: watch out for Plague Signet icon under Necromancer’s name. Most widely used Condition spec runs only two (!) forms of condi transfers (and no condi clears). If you see Reaper without Plague Signet up, you often have a clear kill. Some Reapers may run more of condi cleanse/transfer stuff, but Plague Signet is generally most dangerous and reliable one.

Unloading condi burst and disengaging also works. If Reaper is running Signet of Vampirism, he most likely won’t have any self-cleanse, Plague Signet can be easily LoS’ed, blocked or outranged and he will rot.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

No, but it is an uphill battle. If you kill minions they drop an AoE field. Personally, minion kills should count towards a rally. There could be a reasonable way of avoiding chill though it syncs with their two extra health bars well and their low mobility can’t be utilized against them since trying means they’ll stay on point or take yours. If they’re defending a point you can try but they aren’t obligated to chase you.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Rev need some love…please buff

in Revenant

Posted by: Jim.9532

Jim.9532

Lol

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Lol

He didnt said herald.

in Revenant

Aomine.5012

Lol

Specs other than Herald/Shiro do need a slight revamp.

Rev need some transfer cond on Mallyx

Jallyx need better defensive

Vent need better mechanic other than projectile block gimmick.

in Revenant

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Not at all. I have a marauder Glint/Shiro staff +sword/sword and it feels quite strong with some decent interrupts. Sword and shield also works but has some good counters to it. If anything rev feels a bit overtuned. It’s a high skill ceiling class so it’s only overpowered if you actually know how to manage your energy, cooldowns, and when to weapon and/or avatar swap. While it is overpowered it isn’t exactly Akuma tier.

in Revenant

Sheobix.8796

Nah, too many crybabies with only 2 months of experience with a class that has what it takes to counter most builds. Rev needs a buff to stop the salt from drowning our poor souls.

So much solid advice, really clear stuff to show these bebehs how to kill reapers… nothing but “waaah” in return

in Revenant

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Lol

He didnt said herald.

I would agree. Ventari and Jallis both need buffs big time.

I feel the weapons are all in a good spot, though. Some tweaks, perhaps, with things like making Unrelenting Assault only proc Confusion once, instead of 8 times.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Revenant

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

To all the people saying that Deathly Chill is another Dhuumfire.

No reapers above Saphire runs Dhuumfire due to Diamond Skin, we need the 50% crit chance in order to be able to touch them. This leaves you with Chill, Poison and Bleeds ticking. Riposting Shadows removes chill while its conveniently a gap-maker. Soul Spiral is our main source of damage (outside marks) this spell has such a ridicolous tell on when it is casted.
Our bleedstacks comes from Scepter auto which, lets face it isn’t very strong.
This leaves us with what exactly?

Condition tranferal and Boon Conversion.

I have had so many Revenants blindly using all their energy to burst me with 10 20 even 30 stacks of torment, all I have to do is press Plague Signet and kite away. If you instead of camping Mallyx aswell as Mace Axe the entire fight switch to Shiro and make it more of a power based fight you will have the upper hand.
What you need to look out for.
Chillblains. This is a mark with 16 seconds cooldown. It applies 4 seconds of Chill, 3 stacks of poison for 5 seconds aswell as a poison field.
Reaper’s Mark. 32 seconds cooldown. Applies 1 second of fear ASWELL as 3 seconds of chill due to the Shivers of Dread trait.
Terrify. Reaper’s Shroud 3. 20 seconds cooldown. Applies 1 second fear aswell as 3 seconds of Chill.

These are the things that you should be watchful over. Ofc you have the Executioner’s Scythe aswell as “Chilled to the Bone!” but these tells are too obvious for me to even go over.

Bottom line, the less you pressure him. The less Necros pressure you. Revenants have better sustain than Necros have. Use it, abuse it.

Optimise [OP]

in Revenant

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Lol

;-)
There is at least one guy detecting sarcasm.
Rev opness is beyond all what has been seen in the past. It is the class which pushed thievesout of meta.

in Revenant

Aomine.5012

Lol

;-)
There is at least one guy detecting sarcasm.
Rev opness is beyond all what has been seen in the past. It is the class which pushed thievesout of meta.

TBF, DD is pushed outta meta by Reaper, DH, Chrono and Tempest, all of them with massive AOE CC (all of them either instant or 1/2 cast) and huge sustain.

Scrapper and Druid can easily handle thief as well with lots of quick PBAOE CC, condition and sustain.

Basically all the new E-spec has huge aoe CC, damage immunity and sustain.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Revenant

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Reaper doesn’t push Daredevil out of the meta at all. Daredevils generally have an easy time with them if played with half a brain.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Revenant

Sheobix.8796

Reaper doesn’t push Daredevil out of the meta at all. Daredevils generally have an easy time with them if played with half a brain.

This. Daredevil and Zerker still have their fair share of fight against reapers. I have found fighting zerkers somewhat easy, as their surefire way of taking down a reaper is just cc lock them and harass and not every player knows what they’re doing. This alone I think Warriors should get a buff on, to see more viability and bring more CC to the table than anything.

daredevils going 1v1 vs necros is probably the most fun I have in PvP w/ necro. Smart thieves dodge most of the marks, wait for shroud to seep out a little until low, burst, evade again to avoid necros building LF on them, then wait a little while longer to just “poke” fight them down. It’s good stuff, I always like to look for fights against thieves even though it usually puts me on the defensive because of the practice needed to react and positioning.

Fighting daredevils 1v1 on necro (if they are good) can be challenging, and fun. Which is the opposite of the current meta.

Revs have the tools to fight in similar ways as the daredevil, but too often do I see too many bad revs trying to fight us like they think we’re paper bags. Like boxing, you don’t win by trying to go all-out and put in your punches while getting obliterated, yourself. You have to get your good hits in when there are clear openings, and get out of the way when the reaper is putting down their slow, high cooldown, telegraphed moves. Or else.. you know.. they hurt. Really bad. Figures, right?