Jalis vs Glint Elite

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

I get that one will have a recharge when you shetter the facet, but it just doesn’t feel right that Glint has aoe protection and an active knockdowns and superspeed when all Jalis has for his elite is just stronger than usual aoe protection. Maybe Jalis’s could be changed to also immobilize enemies or maybe Facet of chaos could grants something other than protection?

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

We should probably wait for Roy’s post on saturday before. He said he’s changing something on Jalis.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Treetoptrickster.4205

We should probably wait for Roy’s post on saturday before. He said he’s changing something on Jalis.

I’m dying of anticipation! Thank Kormir that we were lucky enough to get Roy!

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Yeah but I won’t forgive him if we’re unable to use Shiro+Glint because of lack of condi cleanse

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Treetoptrickster.4205

Yeah but I won’t forgive him if we’re unable to use Shiro+Glint because of lack of condi cleanse

There were six facets that were largely themed around the gods as WP said in his video about yesterday’s post. I’d imagine that whatever the ‘facet of Kormir’ skill might have condi cleanse. If not then I’m willing to bet the heal skill will at least, as the active or the upkeep.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

The facets of the gods and the facets of glint are different. I’m guessing Facet of Light to be the healing hone and I hope it has condi cleanse.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

There were six facets that were largely themed around the gods as WP said in his video about yesterday’s post. I’d imagine that whatever the ‘facet of Kormir’ skill might have condi cleanse. If not then I’m willing to bet the heal skill will at least, as the active or the upkeep.

Well, they were heavily influenced, but different. in fact, Kormir wasn’t a god at that time and as far as the general public knew at the time there were only 5 True Gods (most didn’t know about the imprisoned Abbadon).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

rune of Lyssa is very strong with a revenant. Convert 5 conditions into boons when you use an elite skill (45 secs cd) and revenants can basically spam their elite skills, you can also use staff with shiro and staff 4 removes at least one condition.

(edited by makagoto.1204)

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Mournilg.4870

Mournilg.4870

Well, they were heavily influenced, but different. in fact, Kormir wasn’t a god at that time and as far as the general public knew at the time there were only 5 True Gods (most didn’t know about the imprisoned Abbadon).

Facets were not influenced by the gods, but by the six original heroic professions of GuildWars Prophecies (even if all professions are tied to gods anyway)

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

The god stuff was just a theory however, maybe induced by the fact that there is also a quest with 6 facets of the gods later.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Invictus.1503

Facets were not influenced by the gods, but by the six original heroic professions of GuildWars Prophecies (even if all professions are tied to gods anyway)

Well, those professions were influenced by the gods, thus by the transient property so were the facets

To go further, Glint was empathic and took a liking to the humans. It isn’t a surprise that she modeled her facets after them.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Professions weren’t influenced by human gods. Other way around.

It brings smile to my face every time people try to bound something with either six dragons or six human gods. Glint was older than anyone of human pantheon, so Facets aren’t inspired by any of those.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

or maybe Facet of chaos could grants something other than protection?

Retaliation could be very useful. And I still think Vengeful Hammers should have Protection, it looks such a waste of energy in it’s current state.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

or maybe Facet of chaos could grants something other than protection?

Retaliation could be very useful. And I still think Vengeful Hammers should have Protection, it looks such a waste of energy in it’s current state.

NO. NO.

….NO.

Retaliation is garbage in PvE. you take that terrible boon and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Invictus.1503

It brings smile to my face every time people try to bound something with either six dragons or six human gods. Glint was older than anyone of human pantheon, so Facets aren’t inspired by any of those.

Professions were influenced by the gods according to lore (check out shrines in GW1 or GW1 Wiki). As for the facets, they obviously had influence from the professions. The facets were created for the purpose of testing the humans so Glint drew upon something they were familiar with at the time. Glint is empathic with limited telepathic abilities, which is why she started to feel for the fledgling race when they showed up. This is explained a bit on Wiki, but more so in the books.

Anyway, this isn’t a lore thread so regardless of response I’m done with this topic. Sorry for derailing it a bit. On topic, I’m really hoping Glint has resistance. If you go with Shiro you have no cleansing against conditions, and Glint was mentioned not to be about condi cleansing. Resistance on the other hand would be a good mix, and would give synergy with Malyx too.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

I get that one will have a recharge when you shetter the facet, but it just doesn’t feel right that Glint has aoe protection and an active knockdowns and superspeed when all Jalis has for his elite is just stronger than usual aoe protection. Maybe Jalis’s could be changed to also immobilize enemies or maybe Facet of chaos could grants something other than protection?

You will run in circles with this. If you give Jalis Immob on his Ult, you will Step on Shiro’s Toes with his Stun. You can always Trait Revenant Elites to Daze upon activation.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Glint was mentioned not to be about condi cleansing.

Source? I didnt noticed any post of Roy suggesting that.

obey me

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Mournilg.4870

Mournilg.4870

Professions were influenced by the gods according to lore (check out shrines in GW1 or GW1 Wiki). As for the facets, they obviously had influence from the professions. The facets were created for the purpose of testing the humans

Lore wise, i can agree, but to be honest Facets were not inspired by gods/professions lore wise, but professions gameplay wise. “For the purpose of testing the” players ^^
Lore justifications as long as they are not written in-game can be changed anytime.

And to come back to GLint/Jalis. Roy said he pushed Jalis to a more “tanky” side, but i guess it will be a more selfish tanky side.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Wandelaar.3746

Wandelaar.3746

Something that was already very clearly mentioned was the fact that ‘Facet of Chaos’ would be a very expensive upkeep skill, who knows how much or how little uptime it has.
Better wait until the POI stream.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaiden Valor.7163

Kaiden Valor.7163

Ask and you shall receive:

https://twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/631937041144504320

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Well it doesnt directly says that Glint has 0 condition removal just that Glint is not focused around it like Ventari on healing.

Lol. Im setting up myself for a disappointed i guess but i will really facepalm if there inst any condi removal. Few hours to figure it out.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Invictus.1503

-.-
-.-
-.-

Well it doesnt directly says that Glint has 0 condition removal just that Glint is not focused around it like Ventari. -.-

Lol -.- Im setting up myself for a disappointed i guess but i will really facepalm if there inst any condi removal. Few hours to gifure it out.

I think you’re reaching for straws at this point, but technically it isn’t completely out (though if not it seems odd he’d specifically call it out like that). In another thread Roy avoided the question about Resistance though, and frankly I think giving Resistance has better synergy with Glint as a whole (who seems to be about boons) and other legends such as Malyx. After thinking about it, I think I’d like for Jalis to remain the cleansing guy, and Glint to be the Resistance lady (dragon).

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Well i dont like where it all goes.. Youre right that resistance fits boon nature of Glint better but that means Glint must have quite high access to it. So far we lack so much condi cleanse and stunbreaks that its not even fun anymore.

And Jalis is not really a cleansing legend, all he has on is 3 condi removal on healing skill. Ventari is about helaing/cleansing.

All of current legends should get access to stunbreak and condi cleanse. But i bet that Glint doesnt have stunbreak ability either. And that thing alone will push me away from herald in this case unless the traits are better than the junk we have atm.

obey me

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

if it’s something like 5 seconds of Resistence (7.5 with nature) then it’s fine. Also because there is Shiro for duration stacking ones.

Jalis vs Glint Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

or you could try taking shiro and jalis legends, devastation, retribution, and herald traits, sword+shield / hammer for weapons, and still have the f2… just an idea, without any knowledge of the Herald traits and whether they’d be better than the damage multipliers from invocation in a hybrid tank damage (ie knight’s) build…

– The Baconnaire