Large scale WvW rev

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Did anyone experiment with zerg fights already?
Does Rev have a spot in zergs, consider the pretty dominant GWEN meta so far?
Have anyone experimented with any builds so far? I’ve been wondering if it’s worth running Dwarf for this.

Would love to hear about someone’s experience and builds

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Err…Yes. Hammer revenants dominate zerg fights. Completely. You really don’t need to have anything else.

My experience so far is that a hammer revenant is singularly more terrifying than litterally any other build in a zerg fight. In the meteor showers of a glass ele doesn’t come close.

Ghost Yak

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Err…Yes. Hammer revenants dominate zerg fights. Completely. You really don’t need to have anything else.

My experience so far is that a hammer revenant is singularly more terrifying than litterally any other build in a zerg fight. In the meteor showers of a glass ele doesn’t come close.

Game play is mostly just spamming CoR off CD?
Also,
Can you post your build?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Did anyone experiment with zerg fights already?
Does Rev have a spot in zergs, consider the pretty dominant GWEN meta so far?
Have anyone experimented with any builds so far? I’ve been wondering if it’s worth running Dwarf for this.

Would love to hear about someone’s experience and builds

I play the WvW mode nearly exclusively and Revenant is my new main. Normally, I play zerg play, squad play, havoc play, and occasionally small group roaming (>4 ppls). I rarely if ever play solo roam because like the skritt, I do better with more people around me.

With my Rev, I had a couple things I required my build to have:
- Flexibility: be able to switch to any Legend at any time and not focus on only two.
- That means I use Traveler Runes since I won’t always have Glint activated, and anything slower than 25% speed is horrid.
- I have a couple stats goals that I like on most of my builds: 3k armor and 50% crit. rate. Power and Vitality are the next stats that I try to max out, but with no specific # attached to it. With Rev, I found it comfortable with 20k health.
- In WvW I wanted to be able to play all roles, but be able to run with the front line above all.

TRAITS
I currently run Herald, Devastation, Retribution.

When first released, I tried Herald, Retribution, Invocation, to max out on as much damage reduction as I could. Oddly enough, I didn’t sustain as much as I thought I would. The mulitiple lifesteals from Dev actually helped me tank more. So I switched to Her, Dev, and Invoc. but found myself constantly locked down with CC. That’s when I switched to Her, Dev,Ret and have stuck with it so far. It seems to be the best combo for the “do it all” build that I had in mind.

LEGENDS
I’ve found so far that I favor Glint, Shiro, and Jalis the most, with Mallyx second, and Ventari on occassion.

Glint nearly stays with me all the time, with the second Legend being switched out to either Shiro or Jalis. I also switch out to Jalis/Mallyx combo too, for the two instant heals, and other skills (mostly Jalis skills). Jalis is great btw when in the middle of the enemy zerg. Those spinning hammers are ftw!

Though not as much as Glint, Shiro, and Jalis, Mallyx does get a little use. However, I often find myself out of energy more quickly with Mallyx than the other 4. Because of this, I’m often heistant to use his skills, often saving energy for the Heal or Unyielding Anguish for the leap and soft CC it leaves behind. I never use Pain Absorb because of the energy cost. I rarely use Banish Enchantment because of this as well, and I feel the payoff for the cost of energy is not worth it. I occassionally use Embrace the Darkness, mostly when I just want the stat increase and the slight added damage from Torment and survivability is not necessary. But again, I’m afraid of using it too much because of the needed energy for other skills.

And lastly, we have poor Ventari. I like this Legend, no really I do. But he is so situation-based that he doesn’t get much use. I found him only useful in choke points, or for defending a keep/tower. When out in the field, he’s nearly useless because of the high mobility in the engagement zone.

The biggest problem I’ve found is that when you want to use him, you’re likely not going to have him selected for your two chosen Legends and you can’t switch to him because you’re in combat now.

I’m not sure how to help Ventair either. It’d be nice if they reworked him a bit. I’d suggest making the tablet follow, like a pet, but at the same time, being able to position it makes it valuable at times. Depsite the advantage of being able to move the tablet anywhere you want, I think overrall, it’d be best to have it follow you, and you yourself do the positioning for the tablet.

WEAPONS
I mostly use Sword/Sword and Hammer. Most people use Sword/Shield. I personally do not like shields on any toon, so it’s just an asthetic thing for me. Both sets should be obvious on how to use them.

On hammer, you’ll need it for the range, such as the common ranged standoffs between Zergs before they mix it up with melee. Yes, you’ll want to use CoR often, but you’ll need to use the other skills too. For example, #5 right in the middle of the zerg or #3 for the evade. Ventari/Shiro make a good combo with Hammer btw.

Anyways, hope this helps you.

TLR:
I use Dev/Ret/Her, with S/S and Hammer, semi-tanky stats with 50% base crit.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: jaif.3518

jaif.3518

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQFAin3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFiNMppNtFIANwugJshA-TVgSAAw+DAA-w

This is my “follow the zerg” build. Mix valkyrie/soldier/zerker/marauder to your taste. Pick whatever secondary weapon makes you giggle. Most of your life is spent in glint with fury & might active; the fury, in particular, is going to give you a lot of bonuses from traits and your rune of rage. You should be running swiftness outside of combat, but during combat you are being more selective.

I run shiro because it’s the best catch or retreat stance.

I just realized I didn’t say it, but in case it’s not obvious, the hammer is far and away the best zerg weapon. Enjoy it.

-Jeff

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Cloudo.7315

Cloudo.7315

I have yet to try this build in action but i would love some feedback on it before i start working towards the gear. What im gong for is a wvw frontliner/boonbot. Im trying to aim at 3k armour, about 40% crit chance (heard somewhere this was good to aim for) and 50% boonduration so that i with FoN get 100% duration. Im trying to save foodspot for something else then boonduration aswell. I also try to min max alot by using as many pieces of the new gear that i can. This is the setup i came up with:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWinXN2gSqJvQRBlbosfyPU4Q5IKYr8EllZlh9la2RNgEewe6r3G-TVTBQB3THAXUKEhLBwVUm1FlE4RTw+2fYBHBAEYCSCKBdoKFJUdFA8AAEAED-w

Only thing is that my power is kinda low, but i imagine with bloodlust and alot of might it will be ok.. Am i overthinking this? or will something like this work ok?

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

This is my build current.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAseinvN2gS6JvQRZlbosryPUYV5IKYs8EllZlhNma2RNgDewe6r/G-TlCGAB8oEbPlgJcGAKRdHnUeIoKBWoHAgHBgZaC8Y/BBBsL-w

in pvp or pve i switch enhanced bulwark to elder’s force

I am happy with my damage out put so far and plan to increase it first by getting more ascended gear, i have no infusions added yet to my gear.

No class can beat me 1v1 in a ranger battle with my glint(health/fury/swiftness)+hammer. i have a passive heal of 260 that mean every 4 seconds i recover 1k health, with hammer 4 i can block attacks and leech more health.

so i poke at your health while mine is constantly full this leads the battle to 2 outcomes;

You try to run a way and i chase you down with phase traversal and kill you or you try to fight a tank at close range where i will cc spam you with hammer 5, chaotic release, jade wind and at the same time rotate my heals.

every build has a weakness that is what makes this game fun. mine is lack of conditions removal.

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I have yet to try this build in action but i would love some feedback on it before i start working towards the gear. What im gong for is a wvw frontliner/boonbot. Im trying to aim at 3k armour, about 40% crit chance (heard somewhere this was good to aim for) and 50% boonduration so that i with FoN get 100% duration. Im trying to save foodspot for something else then boonduration aswell. I also try to min max alot by using as many pieces of the new gear that i can. This is the setup i came up with:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWinXN2gSqJvQRBlbosfyPU4Q5IKYr8EllZlh9la2RNgEewe6r3G-TVTBQB3THAXUKEhLBwVUm1FlE4RTw+2fYBHBAEYCSCKBdoKFJUdFA8AAEAED-w

Only thing is that my power is kinda low, but i imagine with bloodlust and alot of might it will be ok.. Am i overthinking this? or will something like this work ok?

You have a nice build. For a frontliner, I wouldn’t say your power is too low at all. I run with about 2290 power and still do decent damage, especially with full bloodlust stacks and normally about 10+ might stacks (small group) or 25 might stacks (big group). Throw in some Power infusions on those weapons/trinkets, and that will help. Also, you could slap in some vit infusions on the armor.

Since you’re running 100% boon duration, consider changing to Retalitory Evasion in the dwarf trait line. You might also want to think about changing to Cleansing Channel in Invocation. One of the biggest things I miss about not having Invocation is that trait alone. Although, it is nice to have your hammer blocked and then blast out a CoR! I’ve seen havoc + groups get downed with that alone.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I have 5-7k crits on zerg, have 3.4-4k arnmor, 70%+ crit with fury but the stability is 0 and no spamable stun breaker and no invulnerability

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

This is my build current.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAseinvN2gS6JvQRZlbosryPUYV5IKYs8EllZlhNma2RNgDewe6r/G-TlCGAB8oEbPlgJcGAKRdHnUeIoKBWoHAgHBgZaC8Y/BBBsL-w

in pvp or pve i switch enhanced bulwark to elder’s force

I am happy with my damage out put so far and plan to increase it first by getting more ascended gear, i have no infusions added yet to my gear.

No class can beat me 1v1 in a ranger battle with my glint(health/fury/swiftness)+hammer. i have a passive heal of 260 that mean every 4 seconds i recover 1k health, with hammer 4 i can block attacks and leech more health.

so i poke at your health while mine is constantly full this leads the battle to 2 outcomes;

You try to run a way and i chase you down with phase traversal and kill you or you try to fight a tank at close range where i will cc spam you with hammer 5, chaotic release, jade wind and at the same time rotate my heals.

every build has a weakness that is what makes this game fun. mine is lack of conditions removal.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAseinvN2gS6JvQRZlbosryPUYV5IKYs8EllZlhNma2RNgDewe6r/G-T1SIwAzUiJXJIgzAAH1dKq8A8hAIvKBN0DQ4BA0VTQl9HEEAuA-w

i have made a change on my sigils,
i came to the conclusion that it is better to remove a 30s stack of bleed that is doing 1000 damage per second than it is to heal 500 hp .

been using the purity sigils in pvp too and am doing a lot betters in 1v1 fights vs condi necros/rev.

(edited by hypehype.9047)

Large scale WvW rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Booxos.8715

Booxos.8715

@McWolfy could You post your build? Cause i have Tiny troubles with survival in full zerker