Legend Condi Rev - S4

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

Some of you may remember my advocacy for hybrid-condi-rev, I played a variant of this build almost exclusively from S1-S3 (with a few major changes dropping shiro after S1) and S4 was no different, I got to legend playing Glint/Mallyx condi rev with Sage amulet (wat???), solo Q roughly 70% of the matches, win rate to legend was 63.5% with a total of 145 games played (only started playing last week).

I’m not claiming I’m a pro player, nor that this build is better than the meta power rev for pro level tournaments but IMO this build works amazingly well this season, even though you have no toughness it feels really tanky and with mallyx/sage combo you are basically immune to condis and also able to support your teammates vs condis really well.

Even though a really good power rev should win the matchup vs this build I felt that with the skill level in ranked right now most power revs were basically “free food” for this build (stack confusion, watch them kill themselves), I didn’t feel there was a “direct counter” to the build that could kill you quickly but rather that I had a fair chance of winning every other meta build if I played it right or at the least I could hold the point contested/capped forever.

I wish there was a better choice than Sage amulet but this was the best I could come up with if I wanted my sword to actually do some dmg and viper amulet felt too squishy for me, plus the heal power scaling on mallyx heal and shield 4/5 with sage amulet is a not bad at all.

I added a bonus screenshot so you can see the insane amount of dmg you can dish out both condi & power, I tried hard to break the 1M dmg and couldn’t, 900k was close enough :-)

On my way to legend I have seen a total of 2 other condi revs so you get that “surprise” factor as well, so if you’re having difficulty with the meta power rev cuz of condi aids or due to the fact that (IMO) power rev is high skill cap to really get gud at I encourage you to try this build.

Attachments:

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

The competition now isn’t as high as it is in the start of the season. My friends is conservative power necro and he hit legendary last week. I think first days of sapphire would probably best testing time for that.

I like the idea of hybrid revenant, I am not playing one in spvp simply because I am used to +1 style of this class but on wvw I am running celestial with testicular cancer runes of perplexity, along with sixteen +5 power infusions and sigil of bloodlust. Power damage is only a bit less than marauder’s is (think last time I tested it was only 10-20% less), plus this build contains an element of surprising durability and condition damage.

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

I don’t know about the sage amulet, but I find hybrid rev really really fun. I had a blast with Viper Mallyx rev while it was meta. I might do some experiments with this again.

Pumpkin – Mag

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

PadreNike.1803

The competition now isn’t as high as it is in the start of the season. My friends is conservative power necro and he hit legendary last week. I think first days of sapphire would probably best testing time for that.

I like the idea of hybrid revenant, I am not playing one in spvp simply because I am used to +1 style of this class but on wvw I am running celestial with testicular cancer runes of perplexity, along with sixteen +5 power infusions and sigil of bloodlust. Power damage is only a bit less than marauder’s is (think last time I tested it was only 10-20% less), plus this build contains an element of surprising durability and condition damage.

You’re right, the completion isn’t as strong as season start when everyone is rushing to legend, however with the MMR based matchmaking it’s still tough and games are mostly competitive, especially at Diamond+.

I’m assuming you’re using something similar to the below (sw/sh+staff)?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFNFqdABIC2FMhNkdMnpNA-T1CEABCqEMijEQbaIwU9HEOgAQcIAI4BAAwJAQLlfGv/Qf6DCAgAcz2sNvZgzbezbezbeu5Nv5Nv5NLFAmjBA-w

Power is about 25% less than the marauded equivalent before bloodlust stacks so probably less than 20% with full stacks as you said.

I have a viper based hybrid build for wvw leaning more toward the condi side using sw/sh+ma/ax, power is still decent at over 2k,1240 condi dmg, almost 40% condi dura and toughness at 1415 (tanky enough), I love that build so much that was my inspiration for the pvp build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAse5nnfN2gSuJvQRHlboskyPU4S5IKor8EllTlxe93nPNgEWQNjOKB-TVDFQBkUJ4uUipO9AN4gA4ONDsb/BCcCASjGCoo0weq/AgHAgDVGwgjAQAAEgb2mlZZG4m38m3852sUAfNsC-w

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

PadreNike.1803

I don’t know about the sage amulet, but I find hybrid rev really really fun. I had a blast with Viper Mallyx rev while it was meta. I might do some experiments with this again.

True, it’s not optimal, if you can handle viper amulet it’s probably better.
Personally I found the extra vitality needed for that extra cushioning, I couldn’t stay alive as well on viper.

I wish ANet would give us an amulet with power/condi/precision/vitality.

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

You’re right, the completion isn’t as strong as season start when everyone is rushing to legend, however with the MMR based matchmaking it’s still tough and games are mostly competitive, especially at Diamond+.

I’m assuming you’re using something similar to the below (sw/sh+staff)?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFNFqdABIC2FMhNkdMnpNA-T1CEABCqEMijEQbaIwU9HEOgAQcIAI4BAAwJAQLlfGv/Qf6DCAgAcz2sNvZgzbezbezbeu5Nv5Nv5NLFAmjBA-w

Power is about 25% less than the marauded equivalent before bloodlust stacks so probably less than 20% with full stacks as you said.

I have a viper based hybrid build for wvw leaning more toward the condi side using sw/sh+ma/ax, power is still decent at over 2k,1240 condi dmg, almost 40% condi dura and toughness at 1415 (tanky enough), I love that build so much that was my inspiration for the pvp build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAse5nnfN2gSuJvQRHlboskyPU4S5IKor8EllTlxe93nPNgEWQNjOKB-TVDFQBkUJ4uUipO9AN4gA4ONDsb/BCcCASjGCoo0weq/AgHAgDVGwgjAQAAEgb2mlZZG4m38m3852sUAfNsC-w

Yeah, half of the time I am running with s/sh but switching to axe periodically when I know I could use it better than shield. Also running cleansing (which also procs from legend swap) and geomancy sigils instead of air and hydromancy, since I mostly run into other condi classes, with geomancy providing some damage and serving as cover for confusion from shiro’s heal. Recent changes to perplexity runes only made it easier for me.

I tried running with retribution or corruption instead of invocation but so far invocation provided too much damage to pass it.

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Gratz PadreNike. I did some Hybrid PVP this season especially when solo, however if I was duo with a Druid friend I switched to Power Rev because Druid/Power Rev combo is just super strong.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

PadreNike.1803

Gratz PadreNike. I did some Hybrid PVP this season especially when solo, however if I was duo with a Druid friend I switched to Power Rev because Druid/Power Rev combo is just super strong.

Ty man xD

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Pretty decent damage. I imagine thief completely destroys you though?

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

PadreNike.1803

Pretty decent damage. I imagine thief completely destroys you though?

Actually I find it easier to kill a thief on this build more than the power variant, I dueled a skilled thief friend of mine running the d/p meta and it ended it as a tie, each duel could go either way but it requires that the thief would be really good, the average thief gets destroyed easy, plus, in a conquest game a thief wouldn’t force me to lose the point, most thieves try to hit you once/twice see they aren’t going anywhere and run away xD

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: Kruczq.3087

Kruczq.3087

Im gonna give this build a try today. Always prefered condi rev rather than power one, really glad to see that you can still kick kitten with non meta stuff

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: Tiny.6374

Tiny.6374

That boon removal tho.

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

I think I’m gonna try this out today since it feels like every game I play has 2 condi-mesmers in it these days, but two questions on this build:

- How necessary is Retribution? It seems like having so much access to resistance sort of negates a lot of what you’re getting from Ret, unless this is mainly just to help stomp/rez people. Devastation with your Sage’s amulet seems interesting since I think traited life siphoning scales off 10% of your healing power?

- Sort of similar note, but since you’re still using Glint, why not Elder’s Force?

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I think I’m gonna try this out today since it feels like every game I play has 2 condi-mesmers in it these days, but two questions on this build:

- How necessary is Retribution? It seems like having so much access to resistance sort of negates a lot of what you’re getting from Ret, unless this is mainly just to help stomp/rez people. Devastation with your Sage’s amulet seems interesting since I think traited life siphoning scales off 10% of your healing power?

- Sort of similar note, but since you’re still using Glint, why not Elder’s Force?

The build’s weakness is the lack of stunbreaks. Only one stunbreak available and that’s in glint. So using Retribution and Enhanced bulwark gives you a lot of stability to help counter the lack of stunbreaks. If you go Devastation or Invo you lose the stability. With invo you get stun break on legend swap though. Invo does more damage but one cc chain and youre dead.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Has anyone tried Coruption/Invo/Deva yet?

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

PadreNike.1803

How necessary is retribution?
I played this build with many variants, some iterations had invocation over retribution and it was great, I had more stunbreak, more dmg from equilibrium and the best thing was “rolling mists” to compensate for the lack of precision with sage.
It works great IMO, even better than retribution vs some classes (wars for example) and depending on the comp I would go back to invocation, overall I felt retribution is better “all-rounder” choice as a bruiser, it makes you more tanky and getting those clutch stomps (with Stab from retri) I found crucial for solo-q where sometimes nobody will cleave/stomp.
Not sure about how siphoning scales with healing power but I did try the invocation trait “invigorating flow” which does scale with healing power and heals you each time you use an energy skill, I found it a little underwhelming tho.

Why not “Elder’s force”?
You’re right, it has amazing synergy with glint and I was using it on and off, I think during season 3 I even used it like 90% of the time but somehow this season I felt I was getting more value from a the double and longer stab from invigorating bulwark for those clutch resses and stomps.
In any event it’s a great choice mostly comes down to preference and play style (more tanky / more dmg / etc).

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

PadreNike.1803

Unfoetunely like almost any other build out there at the moment, anything without the elite spec is a no go IMO, herald/glint is just too good to pass.

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Unfoetunely like almost any other build out there at the moment, anything without the elite spec is a no go IMO, herald/glint is just too good to pass.

You sure about that? Condi rev definitely works without Glint, and I would not say that Herald is better than Corruption/Devastation. No Herald makes for a slightly more selfish build, but since you’re already without Glint it doesn’t make a big difference.

Legend Condi Rev - S4

in Revenant

Posted by: fosfor.9076

fosfor.9076

When you talk about any condi builds, you must consider the amount(renew) and diversity(anti clean) of condi you can apply to your target. Please keep in mind that fire condi is the best dmg condi out there. In that regards, i find revenant/herald a medium condi class compared to others, and yes, i’ve tested all classes and builds in real combat pve/pvp/wvw. Do you guys even consider the physical projectile or even might on top of your builds? I think not.
PS. With my tanky condi trapper druid, i can kill almost any berserk, only from 3 traps that’s fun! think about it “CC on traps” hell yes! + double traps if enemy comes after traps recharged.

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

(edited by fosfor.9076)