Legends for other Elite Specializations

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Since now we don’t have really much to discuss as we either have already tested or not tested yet Revenant features, I thought it would be nice to mention Legends that we might get in future Elite Specializations. I know, it’s just wondering and probably a lot of time. Still, fun to guess, even more if you guess right

Stick to actual Legends, not really mechanics, but you may include them. Include Wiki links to your Legends as well.

1. If you ever thought that Revenant could get a Bow… I believe it would come with Pyre Fierceshot. Possibly high mobility, a lot of Skillshots? Just saying that Preparation Ranger skills from GW1 would be perfect for upkeeps with long cast time.

2. It will come, sooner or later, mark my words. Gwen. I bet it would be our “go to” annoying interrupting Spec. As for mechanic, 2 or 3 less Energy Regeneration pipes, but interrupting/annoying foes could reward good play with flat Energy gains.

3. If you ever dreamt of return of Paragon…Well, I could say just General Morgahn, but instead I will say…Kalla Scorchrazor. There’s been talk that we don’t have many powerful women for Legends. Well, here you go, furry lady who basically made Flame Legion kneel under her command. As for one of mechanics, something like old “I Will Avenge You!" as something like F2 mechanic? Leadership Traitline and maybe specifc tweak on Shout mechanics as utilities, making them into Chants? Maybe they could scale greatly the more numbers you face, essentially being better leader the more outnumbered you are? Possibilities are endless.

4. I mentioned Paragon, who would I be to miss Elite Specialization people have been begging for? Master Togo. Our chance of bringing Ritualist.

5. There could be an “Warrior” type Elite Specialization. The problem is, we have Talon Silverwing, Turai Ossa and Jora competing for it.

These are just quick 5 suggestions made up in 10 minutes. Expand the list, if you want

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

One of the things I really enjoyed about revenant was that until shiro, all legends announced were non playable races. Don’t ask me why, but it kinda bothers me having Shiro simply because he’s a human, and channeling a human legend on say, a charr, feels weird. I hope they can balance it out in future specs now. I’d say Svanir would be an interesting one as well. And as some have proposed, even some recent characters like Tybalt or even Scarlet could be possible, I mean Glint only died a couple years prior to the game.

in Revenant

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I would say these would be very strong candidates:

1 – Owl
The Norn have few figures that really stand out story-wise, and while Asgeir is the one who knocked out Jormag’s tooth, Owl is perhaps the most revered of the Spirits of the Wild to sacrifice themselves to Jormag so that the Norn could escape. Thus, Owl has a serious legacy as both a Norn spirit and a martyr.
Potential weapons – dagger, shortbow

2. Kalla Scorchrazor
The most influential woman in the Guild Wars series who is known to be dead. She is a powerful soldier and leader who defeated the Flame Legion and brought Charr women into the legions.
Potential weapons – Kalla’s statue portrays her with a greatsword.

3. Archemorus AND Saint Viktor
Why settle for one? The nature of these legends as allies and rivals makes them ideal for a dual-legend elite specialization with unique mechanics. It would make an ideal offensive and protective support.
Potential weapons – Focus

(edited by Duke Blackrose.4981)

in Revenant

Rym.1469

To be honest, when I was writing about Kalla Scorchrazor as “Paragon-like” Legend and Leadership as Elite Specialization it stuck me that this idea might have some very cool potential.

We haven’t yet had an option to play really commanding-focused gameplay with professions. Yes, there are of course Shouts and giving out boons/heals/condition cleanses, but these don’t fill the possible niche skills akin to Chants and Echoes could fill.

As for Kalla’s weapon Greatsword seems like an obvious choice.
However, it would be an opportunity to break the “Greatsword=DPS” mentality and make it a…supportive commanding weapon.

Both Kurzick and Luxon major legends as one Elite Spec? And possibly BOTH in one Legend? That’s a cool idea. Imagine something like Utility juggling – First you use Saint Viktor’s utility and then it changes into Archemorus utility and after use goes back to Viktor’s. Kind of cycling utilities. Two different heals on one Legend? Two Elites? That would be hell lot of fun.

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Im all up for Kalla Scorchrazor but olny if her stance and gs fighting style is close to Artorias haha.

obey me

in Revenant

Rym.1469

Im all up for Kalla Scorchrazor but olny if her stance and gs fighting style is close to Artorias haha.

Well, you’d have probably Asurans doing back and frontflips all over the place as always with 2h.

My first thought about Greatsword was making Auto-attack and #2, which would be flexible Melee attack depending on what GS Echo do you channel.

And then going completly ham with #3-#5 skills being upkeep Echoes. Only one Greatsword Upkeep could be active at time. Each Upkeep active would grant you and your allies some unique benefit i.e. reduced critical strike chance on you, every fifth incoming attack is blocked, bonus damage when striking in face/back/when foe runs or something like that.

Echoes could function kind of like…spraying the paint in Splatoon.
When you would strike the foe with GS #2, you’d leave fields of Echo effects, lasting for couple seconds.

When your allies would use skills while standing in Echoes, their attacks would in addition strike with weaker versions of your #2 skill of that particular Echo.

What would those attacks be, I’d have to think further, but I imagine it could’ve been interesting. At the end, you could “spray” different Echo fields and have different up at the same time.

And with traits, why not extend the duration of the Echoes in some way when using Chants like in Guild Wars 1?

(edited by Rym.1469)