Let me translate the changes for you

in Revenant

Posted by: BeLZedaR.4790

BeLZedaR.4790

Surge of the Mists: The damage of this ability has been reduced by 50% in PvP only.
Precision Strike: The damage of this ability has been reduced by 33% in PvP only.
Warding Rift: The cooldown of this ability has been increased from 12 to 15 seconds in PvP only.

Basically this translates into: “Revenants are not allowed to participate in Spvp leagues season 5”.

You’re welcome.

Make condi rev great again.
Top 25 solo condi rev S7

in Revenant

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

As a Hammer Rev main, none of these nerfs affect me. I like that Mallyx’s Pain Absorption has a stun break now which is a BUFF! and its not just in PVP, so it makes running Mallyx in WvW less irritating. The Sword 2 Nerf is barely noticeable since it barely works as it is.

I’m actually glad they nerfed Staff, maybe more Rev’s will pick up a Hammer now and make it meta.

in Revenant

Posted by: Oneira.7691

Oneira.7691

I thought Hammer had already been nerfed in a previous patch?

in Revenant

Hirasaki.6208

Only Hammer 2 was nerfed, its still a great Rev weapon. Couple it with a full zerker max Burst build and you can deal up to 5 digit dmg on a single CoR easy.

Plus it has a range of 1200, and can hit 5 targets. The only downside is it fire’s very slowly. So if you fighting enemies with shields, that’s when you switch to sword auto and sword 3.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Only Hammer 2 was nerfed, its still a great Rev weapon. Couple it with a full zerker max Burst build and you can deal up to 5 digit dmg on a single CoR easy.

Plus it has a range of 1200, and can hit 5 targets. The only downside is it fire’s very slowly. So if you fighting enemies with shields, that’s when you switch to sword auto and sword 3.

Hammer is trash in spvp and the only thing it is useful for in WvW is CoR spam. In current desing its an unviable weapon spvp, pve and i dare to say even wvw if it wasnt for CoR. A ranged damage with poop damage at max out range, no damage at all at close and with 0 kiting option when its all about keeping distance to do max damage. Makes sense. Not.

Hammer wont become meta, rev is out of meta.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

Oneira.7691

Hammer is trash in spvp and the only thing it is useful for in WvW is CoR spam. In current desing its an unviable weapon spvp, pve and i dare to say even wvw if it wasnt for CoR. A ranged damage with poop damage at max out range, no damage at all at close and with 0 kiting option when its all about keeping distance to do max damage. Makes sense. Not.

Hammer wont become meta, rev is out of meta.

I agree about hammer. Very slow, can’t do enough damage to keep them from closing. It’s basically a weapon to soften up a mob so that when it closes you switch to sword + and pop the Shiro Elite skill. I almost never kill a mob with hammer alone, unless it’s a ranged mob and I just keep “hammering” away, which takes a while.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

If you are running hammer and succeeding then you are playing against opponents equivalent to test dummies.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

As a Hammer Rev main, none of these nerfs affect me. I like that Mallyx’s Pain Absorption has a stun break now which is a BUFF! and its not just in PVP, so it makes running Mallyx in WvW less irritating. The Sword 2 Nerf is barely noticeable since it barely works as it is.

I’m actually glad they nerfed Staff, maybe more Rev’s will pick up a Hammer now and make it meta.

Not a chance outside of WvW zerg fight in which it’s already meta. It’s too slow, has no sustain or even damage against a thinking opponent.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Hirasaki.6208

Just did 10 unranked matches with full zerker, max dps, scholar runes Hammer Power Shiro Rev, won 7 out of the 10 match. Guess they weren’t thinking.

Did season 4 amber to legend using Hammer Rev (sometimes with no condi clear) guess all those players who gave me pips weren’t thinking.

The trick is to max out on dmg amulet and runes, and think like a Longbow Ranger. Fire at max distance and be sure to use Impossible Odds on your Hammer Auto’s. If they start going for you, Hammer 3 and 5 usually gets them. Of course you can just switch to your 2nd weapon and finish them off or get away.

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

In wvw, you can use any weapon and just hit 1. If you die, their blob was bigger.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

Except … it’s not fun. It’s a boring huge lumbering weapon. Sword/Staff make you feel so mobile, dynamic and it really adds to the feel of the class.

in Revenant

Posted by: Iain Ross.6903

Iain Ross.6903

Correction: Since rev is the strongest class in the game right now, we’ll bring it down a bit to still be really strong, but not too dominant*

in Revenant

Oneira.7691

Correction: Since rev is the strongest class in the game right now, we’ll bring it down a bit to still be really strong, but not too dominant*

Oh yeah, the “slightly” line: 50% and 33% nerf to the 2 main attacks of the Rev is “slightly” and “down a bit”.

It’s funny looking back at the May 2016 nerf to SOTM of 15%. People were saying that ANET did the right thing by being conservative so as not to kill class viability. Then 6 months later they come down with a radical downgrade that looks like it will threaten class viability. 50% downgrade after a 15% downgrade means about at 43-44% downgrade in damage overall. Almost half. So much for taking things slow eh?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Surge-of-the-Mists-Nerfed-YES

I will not be playing my Rev in pvp.

(edited by Oneira.7691)

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

Oh yeah, the “slightly” line: 50% and 33% nerf to the 2 main attacks of the Rev is “slightly” and “down a bit”.

It’s funny looking back at the May 2016 nerf to SOTM of 15%. People were saying that ANET did the right thing by being conservative so as not to kill class viability. Then 6 months later they come down with a radical downgrade that looks like it will threaten class viability. 50% downgrade after a 15% downgrade means about at 43-44% downgrade in damage overall. Almost half. So much for taking things slow eh?

It’s about 10-15% nerf to rev overall, who had insanely high damage in the first place. Rev will still be meta and one of the strongest classes (I believe mes is not the strongest) and then rev) Just the shiro port alone will make it essential.

If every other class has a value of 15k and rev has a value of 20k (which is p much the case) and then rev gets nerfed 15%, let’s say 20% just to be generous. Ppl will QQ about the 20% even tho you’re still at 16k and 1k above the other classes. Look at the results instead of looking at only the changing number to have an excuse to cry.

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Except … it’s not fun. It’s a boring huge lumbering weapon. Sword/Staff make you feel so mobile, dynamic and it really adds to the feel of the class.

This is all pointless opinions. I think staff/sword is by far the most boring combo there is amd that’s just my opinion. I ran hammer power despite it not being meta and even went condi rev which is far better than many may think. And GW2 is the only game where I’d say skill matters because of normalization.

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

This is all pointless opinions. I think staff/sword is by far the most boring combo there is and that’s just my opinion, blindly following meta and arguing for builds you do not create or even fully understand – pointless. I ran hammer power despite it not being meta and even went condi rev which is far better than many may think. And GW2 is the only game where I’d say skill matters because of normalization.

(edited by Crowley.8761)

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

It’s about 10-15% nerf to rev overall, who had insanely high damage in the first place. Rev will still be meta and one of the strongest classes (I believe mes is not the strongest) and then rev) Just the shiro port alone will make it essential.

If every other class has a value of 15k and rev has a value of 20k (which is p much the case) and then rev gets nerfed 15%, let’s say 20% just to be generous. Ppl will QQ about the 20% even tho you’re still at 16k and 1k above the other classes. Look at the results instead of looking at only the changing number to have an excuse to cry.

Funny how you prowl all across the rev forums claiming rev is the godsend of classes, yet never specifically explain why, or even bother to acknowledge the glaring issues with the class, but instead just say ‘High damage, and teamfights’, completely ignoring that rev’s damage falls quicker than a stone in teamfights, and most of its viable support comes from the lazy design of boon bot Glint, which no one wants in the first place.

Shiro’s port is trash compared to other options. Lousy tracking with terrain, consumes energy if failed, requires a target in the first place, obvious animation, requiring shiro and locking you into other utilities you may not need, along with his trash heal.

in Revenant

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Funny how you prowl all across the rev forums claiming rev is the godsend of classes, yet never specifically explain why, or even bother to acknowledge the glaring issues with the class, but instead just say ‘High damage, and teamfights’, completely ignoring that rev’s damage falls quicker than a stone in teamfights, and most of its viable support comes from the lazy design of boon bot Glint, which no one wants in the first place.

Shiro’s port is trash compared to other options. Lousy tracking with terrain, consumes energy if failed, requires a target in the first place, obvious animation, requiring shiro and locking you into other utilities you may not need, along with his trash heal.

Finally someone said it.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Finally someone said it.

Yep , agreed. Especially the port – redicilolously high energy cost , CD , precast animation that has to complete , energy wasted on fail – this has become literally the worst teleport in game framing DH has better teleports
Basically they butchered the profession is steps . First mobility, then survivability. Damage has been going down from the start , exponentially increasing as time goes on.
By this time next year , Rev’s attacks should be healing the enemies

(edited by Kastiel.1947)

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

I don’t argue, I inform you Now you can either be a good boy and listen or you can continue crying about how “rev sux omg” as solace for being terrible. You clearly have no idea about rev, evident by everything you’ve said about it.

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

I don’t argue, I inform you Now you can either be a good boy and listen or you can continue crying about how “rev sux omg” as solace for being terrible. You clearly have no idea about rev, evident by everything you’ve said about it.

If you could read, then you’d realize I never mentioned the recent changes or said anything suggesting rev as a whole was bad, but that’s asking too much.

Looking for a second ban, are we?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

If you could read, then you’d realize I never mentioned the recent changes or said anything suggesting rev as a whole was bad, but that’s asking too much.

“rev’s damage falls quicker than a stone in teamfights, and most of its viable support comes from the lazy design of boon bot Glint, which no one wants in the first place.”

“Shiro’s port is trash compared to other options. Lousy tracking with terrain, consumes energy if failed, requires a target in the first place, obvious animation, requiring shiro and locking you into other utilities you may not need, along with his trash heal. "
from ur most recent post alone

Nooo, please don’t ban me, and please don’t hack me and please don’t kitten my mom ;;;;;;;

in Revenant

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

“rev’s damage falls quicker than a stone in teamfights, and most of its viable support comes from the lazy design of boon bot Glint, which no one wants in the first place.”

“Shiro’s port is trash compared to other options. Lousy tracking with terrain, consumes energy if failed, requires a target in the first place, obvious animation, requiring shiro and locking you into other utilities you may not need, along with his trash heal. "

Nooo, please don’t ban me, and please don’t hack me and please don’t kitten my mom ;;;;;;;

Wow, you’re either a kid or have a problem with being able to communicate with people without looking dumb (or being one?).

Pointing out issues about a class doesn’t mean it’s bad overall, thankfully it still has some uses, but compared to others it’s not very good at all.

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

As someone already mentioned, pointing out aspects of the class is not a claim to it being bad as a whole, obviously. And I’ve yet to hear you offer any counterargument to what I said, so it might as well be assumed that you have none.

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

As someone already mentioned, pointing out aspects of the class is not a claim to it being bad as a whole, obviously. And I’ve yet to hear you offer any counterargument to what I said, so it might as well be assumed that you have none.

I never said u claimed it was bad by pointing out what u say are aspects of the class. I pointed out how you have why u have no idea about rev, which you were in denial of, hence I quoted ur previous post :^)

Once again, I’m informing, not argueing :^)

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

I never said u claimed it was bad by pointing out what u say are aspects of the class. I pointed out how you have why u have no idea about rev, which you were in denial of, hence I quoted ur previous post :^)

‘Pointing out’ with no points to point at is just pointing to your kitten , which is a very informative point.

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

‘Pointing out’ with no points to point at is just pointing to your kitten , which is a very informative point.

What do you mean no points to point at? I quoted evidence of your obliviousness, which is what I’ve said multiple times. Do you have a hard time reading?

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

What do you mean no points to point at? I quoted evidence of your obliviousness, which is what I’ve said multiple times. Do you have a hard time reading?

You simply repeated what I said, but made no effort to explain why what I said was supposedly wrong. If you think someone is wrong, then you provide your reasoning for that with an explanation of what you think is right, but you didn’t. I gave my reasoning, and now you’re supposed to give yours. I can’t hold your hand all the time, you know.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

You simply repeated what I said, but made no effort to explain why what I said was supposedly wrong. If you think someone is wrong, then you provide your reasoning for that with an explanation of what you think is right, but you didn’t. I gave my reasoning, and now you’re supposed to give yours. I can’t hold your hand all the time, you know.

It’s clear that he is incapable of doing so. I’d personally ignore him by now.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

You denied it, so I quoted you. I don’t know you’re intentionally stupid or just born that way. Once again I’m informing you, not arguing :^)

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

Wow, you’re either a kid or have a problem with being able to communicate with people without looking dumb (or being one?).

Pointing out issues about a class doesn’t mean it’s bad overall, thankfully it still has some uses, but compared to others it’s not very good at all.

I never said the quotes I quoted was of “issues of the class”, of which, none of them were issues (iirc, cba rereading nonsense), It was quotes of him having no idea about rev. Hence ‘none of them were issues’ :^) (nor made it bad for that matter)

in Revenant

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Revenants are still great in the grand scheme of things. Did these changes bring them down to earth? Yes and it was greatly needed.

in Revenant

Posted by: ethanzephyr.7298

ethanzephyr.7298

Revenants are still great in the grand scheme of things. Did these changes bring them down to earth? Yes and it was greatly needed.

The only problem is that every other class is still up in the sky…

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

The only problem is that every other class is still up in the sky…

Tgis,is the problem with inevitable outcomes of new expansions

1. The new class will be OP. This is by design to move boxes.

2. The expansion class will eventually be nerfed down to earth.

What you are experiencing is the natural order of things and the truth is the class is perfectly fine and not surpassed yet

in Revenant

ethanzephyr.7298

What you are experiencing is the natural order of things and the truth is the class is perfectly fine and not surpassed yet

That doesn’t make it right. Why is it that we excuse bad ideas on the forums? Even people who disagree with the changes seem to think it’s okay just because “that’s the way it’s supposed to be”.

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

That doesn’t make it right. Why is it that we excuse bad ideas on the forums? Even people who disagree with the changes seem to think it’s okay just because “that’s the way it’s supposed to be”.

I’m not saying its wrong or right on Anet’s part. It’s business and the way things are. As a player you should know this before hand and expect this to happen.

Honestly the players complaining about the nerfs are the ones who are the most wrong in this,situation.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

[Multiple Citations Needed]

Balance changes, and it changes to keep the game alive. Everything else is rhetoric.

Fishsticks

in Revenant

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Just did 10 unranked matches with full zerker, max dps, scholar runes Hammer Power Shiro Rev, won 7 out of the 10 match. Guess they weren’t thinking.

Did season 4 amber to legend using Hammer Rev (sometimes with no condi clear) guess all those players who gave me pips weren’t thinking.

The trick is to max out on dmg amulet and runes, and think like a Longbow Ranger. Fire at max distance and be sure to use Impossible Odds on your Hammer Auto’s. If they start going for you, Hammer 3 and 5 usually gets them. Of course you can just switch to your 2nd weapon and finish them off or get away.

I congratulate you on your success. But this information only points out the sub-par PvP environment nowadays, as opposed to the ‘hammer rev’ in the meta. Too slow, no utility, no defense. It is a WvW weapon.

If you are talking about WvW, the hammer is meta there. In PvP, against any competent group, the hammer rev would be rally bait at best.

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

I’m not saying its wrong or right on Anet’s part. It’s business and the way things are. As a player you should know this before hand and expect this to happen.

Honestly the players complaining about the nerfs are the ones who are the most wrong in this,situation.

I have to disagree with you about complaining about nerfs being wrong, at least as a general.

There are some things that legitimately need nerfs, but the way they’re done makes the difference, and as of late, the lazy change numbers tactic Anet has been doing simply isn’t what’s needed in a lot of cases. Rather, reworking broken skills, either OP, underperforming, or not working at all, should be looked at more, imo.

Some skills clearly do too much, in damage or function etc, while others don’t function properly at all or are very unreliable. This inconsistency causes a lot of frustration to players on both sides who get tired of seeing it ignored.

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

I have to disagree with you about complaining about nerfs being wrong, at least as a general.

There are some things that legitimately need nerfs, but the way they’re done makes the difference, and as of late, the lazy change numbers tactic Anet has been doing simply isn’t what’s needed in a lot of cases. Rather, reworking broken skills, either OP, underperforming, or not working at all, should be looked at more, imo.

Some skills clearly do too much, in damage or function etc, while others don’t function properly at all or are very unreliable. This inconsistency causes a lot of frustration to players on both sides who get tired of seeing it ignored.

Why are you even giving any energy to this? You should have known this was going to happen, and prepared yourself for it like the rest of the world. Revenants were so OP on release and remained so for an entire year. At what point in time did you think that was ok?

Wait you just thought you were good didn’t you?

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

Why are you even giving any energy to this? You should have known this was going to happen, and prepared yourself for it like the rest of the world. Revenants were so OP on release and remained so for an entire year. At what point in time did you think that was ok?

At no point did I say or imply rev being OP was okay, or did I say that it should stay the way it was, so you might as well drop the hostility.

I’m all for bringing the class in line, and said in my previous post that there are OP things that need changing, but that I don’t think simple number changes are the answer in a lot of cases. I’d rather see some things changed in function, and if that in turn nerfs it from its previous position, then fine.

Your caption seems a bit outdated.

in Revenant

ethanzephyr.7298

Why exactly are the players wrong? You say that we are just because of some silly trend that a good number of companies follow. Revenant is no more overpowered than any existing class. Anything a rev can do in terms of combat, a guard or war can do five times easier.

Our bursts were negated simply by having the enemy be bunched together. Our condition control was/is horrendous without nearby teammates. As of now, it seems our ONLY role is to be a boonbot so other classes can use your swiftness to get to the battle sooner, and use your might and fury to do far more damage than you ever could. We are one of the only classes balanced around having boons permanently attached.
Other classes can still benefit from the boons, but have not suffered in the balance patches despite the ability for them to have these boons too.

Also, why are you trying to dissuade thought that dissents from the choices ArenaNet has made? A forum exists for people to speak, not just for people like you to hear their echoes bounce around.

I do agree with you on one thing however: a rework of all the classes needs to happen.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

meanwhile warrior deals massive damage, heals himself and cleanse conditions by pressing 1 kittening button.

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

At no point did I say or imply rev being OP was okay, or did I say that it should stay the way it was, so you might as well drop the hostility.

I’m all for bringing the class in line, and said in my previous post that there are OP things that need changing, but that I don’t think simple number changes are the answer in a lot of cases. I’d rather see some things changed in function, and if that in turn nerfs it from its previous position, then fine.

So a skill that evades, knocks down on every hit, and did HUGE damage was ok? A skill that is ranged, chills, and does HUGE damage was ok too? The problem is there was big damage on utility skills and a defensive weapon. OFC they are going to gut the damage when its time to nerf the class. You don’t need to be a gifted prophet or have the ability to tell the future to see THAT one coming LOL.

It happened, deal with it, and move on, because this nerf right here was always going to happen.

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

Why exactly are the players wrong? You say that we are just because of some silly trend that a good number of all companies follow. Revenant is no more overpowered than any existing class. Anything a rev can do in terms of combat, a guard or war can do five times easier.

Our bursts were negated simply by having the enemy be bunched together. Our condition control was/is horrendous without nearby teammates. As of now, it seems our ONLY role is to be a boonbot so other classes can use your swiftness to get to the battle sooner, and use your might and fury to do far more damage than you ever could. We are one of the only classes balanced around having boons permanently attached.
Other classes can still benefit from the boons, but have not suffered in the balance patches despite the ability for them to have these boons too.

Also, why are you trying to dissuade thought that dissents from the choices ArenaNet has made? A forum exists for people to speak, not just for people like you to hear their echoes bounce around.

I do agree with you on one thing however: a rework of all the classes needs to happen.

Revenants mechanics haven’t changed, and good players still perform at a top level. Gone are the fire and forget easy mode choices of the class. You still have all the defensive options, evades, and sustain you did before, but the damage is now more in line with the rest of the game. Still a Revenant on point in a team fight is something to be feared in the right hands

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Don’t mind Azukas much, been here in the Revenant subforums for a while already as the president of the official “Revenant hate” club.

And keeps repeating like a scratched disk that Revenant was/is an easy class, kittening loled.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

So a skill that evades, knocks down on every hit, and did HUGE damage was ok? A skill that is ranged, chills, and does HUGE damage was ok too? The problem is there was big damage on utility skills and a defensive weapon. OFC they are going to gut the damage when its time to nerf the class. You don’t need to be a gifted prophet or have the ability to tell the future to see THAT one coming LOL.

It happened, deal with it, and move on, because this nerf right here was always going to happen.

You seem far too fixated on one thing to listen to what I’m saying, completely missing that I’m advocating for changes that would help bring the class to a steady point all around; balancing the output with the skill required to use it properly. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I’m thoroughly convinced your caption is your own fabrication, or you’re just another troll who can’t troll very well.

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

You seem far too fixated on one thing to listen to what I’m saying, completely missing that I’m advocating for changes that would help bring the class to a steady point all around; balancing the output with the skill required to use it properly. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I’m thoroughly convinced your caption is your own fabrication, or you’re just another troll who can’t troll very well.

I’m not putting words in your mouth just quoting you