Let's talk about rev's excessive buglist.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cyn.4901

Cyn.4901

The numerous revenant glitches that I experience every single day have been increasingly irritating. From Echoing Erruption (Mace 3) randomly turning the direction of the player on uneven ground, to Coalescence of Ruin (Hammer 2) stopping on a slope, nothing has changed for months. Revenant is useless on a WvW tactic banner because it can’t use heal, utility, or elite skills due to the bug that disables those skills on bundles without F1-F5. It’s saddening to know that if revenant had an extra advantage from a bug, it would be patched in 2 days, yet this class has been out for 7 months with bugs ignored.

Infact, there are so many glitches that the bugtracker has more items for revenant than it does all other classes combined. And they still don’t list all the bugs I’ve seen. Echoing Erruption turning the rev randomly at casting, Vengeful Hammers (Dwarf utility) getting deleted on slight bumps, Phase Travel (Shiro Utility) getting “no line of sight” on tiny rocks, or when all other blinks can get there, several tooltips needing to be updated and have more information, and revenant still has more bugs.

Revenant has had these same bugs for months now, and nothing has changed, and this rate, nothing ever will. Please join the discussion and raise awareness that revs want these things to be taken seriously.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Yeah Revenant’s bugs are also getting on my nerves, as well as the fact that there is only 1 promoted way to play Revenant( Shiro+Glint). I hope to see masive improvement for Rev such as Jallis being made reliable.

Also I proposed a few changes which should benefit rev core class: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Small-suggestions-for-Rev-core-class-1/first#post6171941

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

It’s friggen awful and I’m not sure the devs care. I’m not getting the next xpac if they don’t acknowledge that there’s a problem. I made a reddit article that got some love but not one dev has acknowledged that it’s a problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4l9iz5/revenant_bugs/

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

As long it doesnt provide rev any advantage in pvp (see anhi trait) it wont get fixed anytime if ever. I have stopped playing this game completely and since then.. im far less frustrated. That was a good decision.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Never had any trouble playing revenant until they increased costs for phase traversal. Feeling kinda clumsy ever since, not to mention good mesmers and thieves would kite me 24/7 on WvW. Before that “nerf” I’d just get to them with phase traversal and if I do it now I’ll end up with only autoattacks and dodges available. And good players will know that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

Never had any trouble playing revenant until they increased costs for phase traversal. Feeling kinda clumsy ever since, not to mention good mesmers and thieves would kite me 24/7 on WvW. Before that “nerf” I’d just get to them with phase traversal and if I do it now I’ll end up with only autoattacks and dodges available. And good players will know that.

yeah i stopped playing rev after that

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I stopped playing the game completely. Feelsgoodman.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

Lets take a look at one bug that isn’t hard to reproduce…

Chaotic Release DOESN’T give superspeed! The Elite Skill of Glint… Its been there for about 6 months? Is this so hard/complex to fix? No… Is it fixed? No…

Instead, they prefer toning down DPS, mobility, reduce skill spam on one profession and let others continue as is!

The profession’s status is close to a joke!

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

I am still playing it, I just hate how they take away mobility, sustain, damage and lowering Revenants’ QoL so easily without acknowledging that one could write a tome on the bugs and glitches this class has.

in Revenant

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Same, really enjoying some of the games on my backlog. How is smite doing BtW? I haven’t played since the end of the beta.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Same, really enjoying some of the games on my backlog. How is smite doing BtW? I haven’t played since the end of the beta.

Next week we will be getting a new god – dwarf that can turn into dragon. That should give you an idea.

in Revenant

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Hey folks,

Just wanted to chime in to say that we have seen the various rev bug threads floating around, and we’ll be shipping a good number of fixes with the next balance update. I can’t promise everything will get fixed, but it will be progress.

in Revenant

Posted by: orisci.6527

orisci.6527

Hey folks,

Just wanted to chime in to say that we have seen the various rev bug threads floating around, and we’ll be shipping a good number of fixes with the next balance update. I can’t promise everything will get fixed, but it will be progress.

Thank the gods! (And devs)

in Revenant

Hooglese.4860

Hey folks,

Looks like I owe you guys 100$, thank you.

PvP
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Ilias.8647

Hey folks,

This are good news, in the next balance update (Summer Quarterly Update?) there will be a good number of fixes to the relatively large bug list of the Revenant. Yes, these are good news indeed!

Still, there are issues that needs to be addressed which aren’t deriving from bugs. I mean the Revenant profession feels like a “sharp edged sword at the age of …gunpowder”! Its concept is plagued by several things that doesn’t let the profession perform on par with others.

Of course this is a different discussion and I don’t want to sound ungrateful since bug fixing is very important but… guys, there is SO MUCH work to be done to the Rev to make him stand on par with the rest.

(edited by Ilias.8647)

in Revenant

Posted by: Esonver.8470

Esonver.8470

Hey folks,

Does that mean we have to wait 2 months for over 10 profession-breaking bug of Rev that’s supposed to have its day-1 fixes?

in Revenant

Ilias.8647

Does that mean we have to wait 2 months for over 10 profession-breaking bug of Rev that’s supposed to have its day-1 fixes?

From what I understood… YES!

We ‘ll have to wait ’till Summer Quarterly Update (isn’t it then that they balance professions?) to have lots of bug fixes. Now don’t ask me why bug fixing must wait for a balance update…

Then we can hope that they will review the mess of Jalis and Ventari, make Shiro more worthwhile again and then look into the concept mistakes… like poor condi handling, lack of ranged weapon variety, skill-set (un)availability while underwater!

Look it from the bright side… we may beat Ranger’s record of being useless profession for the longest time!

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

100% agree with all this. I loved playing Power Rev in Season 2. In Season 3 i tried Power Rev and the Increased cost for Phase Traversal completely ruined the fun for me in PvP. I shelved it and am back to playing mostly Scrapper.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Posting stuff on reddit rather on official forums seems to hasten bugfixing. /s

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Hooglese.4860

Posting stuff on reddit rather on official forums seems to hasten bugfixing. /s

Seems like it, maybe we should do it more haha. Whomever guilded my post probably helped it by a mile.

PvP
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Posted by: Kenshu.3825

Kenshu.3825

I for one just want to say Ty so much Anet for at least acknowledging us in these forum. To me it feels like that we are somewhat being paid attention to. I know not everything can be fixed but am more than glad to wait for these fixes. Makes one feel like we are somewhat being noticed!!

in Revenant

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

. It’s saddening to know that if revenant had an extra advantage from a bug, it would be patched in 2 days, yet this class has been out for 7 months with bugs ignored.

Welcome to the B2P model. Once they have your money, they no longer care about fixing stuff unless it directly affects their income.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

so in a few months time you MIGHT fix the bugs? anet this isn’t something that needs to be pushed back into that patch just to make it look bigger, this is something that needs to happen NOW