Leveling revenant

Leveling revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Morazz.9371

Morazz.9371

Heey

Im looking into a leveling build for revenant. I havent played for like 2 years so please be gentle ;-)

Also id like to do PvE in endgame as a DPS. Are revenants any good? Meta, can they get a group and so on. Dont wanna play a proffession nobody wants or one that is overpopulated.

thx a lot

Leveling revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Well for leveling anything works but if you want to put out most damage:

Get a main hand sword + off hand axe
Second set could be staff (just another melee) or hammer which i would recommend (aoe + range)

Unlock shiro and then dwarf. Shiro has quickness+superspeed and a teleport while dwarf has a lightning combo field which u can use a blast finisher to gain swiftness.

For traits unlock invocation and devastation first.

And obviously stats are power precision ferocity in that order of importance. Again, you can play a healer condi tank as well but this setup kills stuff faster if thats what u want.

Rev has decent pve dps but its unique contribution comes with herald elite spec in terms of boons. Though anet likes to balance things every few months so it can get weaker or stronger.

Leveling revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Well for leveling anything works but if you want to put out most damage:

Get a main hand sword + off hand axe
Second set could be staff (just another melee) or hammer which i would recommend (aoe + range)

Unlock shiro and then dwarf. Shiro has quickness+superspeed and a teleport while dwarf has a lightning combo field which u can use a blast finisher to gain swiftness.

For traits unlock invocation and devastation first.

And obviously stats are power precision ferocity in that order of importance. Again, you can play a healer condi tank as well but this setup kills stuff faster if thats what u want.

Rev has decent pve dps but its unique contribution comes with herald elite spec in terms of boons. Though anet likes to balance things every few months so it can get weaker or stronger.

I’d second this by pointing out that shiro/jalis are a great combo because they have easy, reliable stability, stun break and contion cleanse between them. One tip tho, don’t use Shiro’s heal to get you out of danger. It’s better used as a sort of heal-as-you-go sustain skill, with the added bonus of increased damage.

Rev is great endgame, good and wanted in all game modes. It can be a bit boring in a pure dee-pee-ess group of people, who will want you to 111111 switch legend 11111 through fights. The rest of the time you’ll find Rev generally has a good range of tools for any situation and some nice wiggle room for personal style….. so long as that style is power based. Condi needs some tweaking.

Oh and Hammer 5 is hilarious on trash mobs.

Leveling revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

I would recomend mace over sword because you can perma might and perma swiftness with jallis…just don’t invest in condi damage stat.