Little help with Rev and torment?

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Having just come back to my Rev after about a year (as I am going to give Renegade a go, I have faith, lol) I find myself a tad “new” to some things that have changed. Mostly in terms of damage and how we do it.
I understand a change was made to torment so that it is not such a bad thing for us now? Just how does that change pan out, in terms of dps and all? Just trying to get a handle on what damage I do and how much I can expect and such. I am running full viper as per the QT folks suggestions but I really like to try and know my class from the inside which is why I am asking about torment. I’m just not really clear on what it translate to for us, and, is it a good thing?
Thanks all and also any tips would be most appreciated. I mostly PVE/raid but am starting to stick a toe into wvw as well. And yea, I know, "roll another class " is going to be the number one tip but other than that? Cheers!

Oh, and why does Echoing Eruption randomly attack in the opposite direction of what you have targeted….. lol? Broke much? The 1200 range is kinda odd and weird getting used to when most your attacks are melee.

(edited by Joxer.6024)

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Condi Rev was buffed a couple of months ago: now skills from mace, axe and Mallyx stack more torment and also chill can be traited to proc torment. As aftermath, is easy to stack 30-40 stacks of torment in matter of seconds, specially en PvE. But Echoing Eruption was changed and no longer tracks: goes towards where your character face, so now requieres more micro.

Also, last month torment was changed a little in PvE so instead of doing 50% of the damage while the enemy stands and 50% while moving now most of the damage is done without movement, so works better vs mobs.

That’s all, the only changes to condi Rev were done in the last 3 months so reading the last two patches will give you info enougth.

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Basically torment now deals the exact same damage as bleed does to stationary targets, and spikes on mobile ones. (although it actually deals less damage to moving targets than it did before the change, it still overall outdps’s bleeds)

Aside from the food nerf changing our Runesets (and a few small trait buffs), nothing else changed in the condi rev’s rotation and build, it’s just a straight increase in their raid dps. And while rev’s still not in a toptier dps slot, the mega fall of condi ranger has opened up a lot of PUG condi-dps slots for you to get into, since condiranger was probably one of the most abundant dps classes before the food nerf and Rev’s easily outdps them now.

(edited by narcx.3570)

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Condi Rev was buffed a couple of months ago: now skills from mace, axe and Mallyx stack more torment and also chill can be traited to proc torment. As aftermath, is easy to stack 30-40 stacks of torment in matter of seconds, specially en PvE. But Echoing Eruption was changed and no longer tracks: goes towards where your character face, so now requieres more micro.

Also, last month torment was changed a little in PvE so instead of doing 50% of the damage while the enemy stands and 50% while moving now most of the damage is done without movement, so works better vs mobs.

That’s all, the only changes to condi Rev were done in the last 3 months so reading the last two patches will give you info enougth.

Awesome! thanks for that, going to go have a read now!