Looking to change Zerk set stats

in Revenant

Posted by: AehAZE.1867

AehAZE.1867

To something more sustainable. Any recommendations? Don’t really have the patience nor money to craft another whole set of armor. If I ever do, It’ll be to make a condi set.

Ive been thinking the Valkyrie perma fury with rolling mists build but haven’t heard much back on it and Id like to have the set made for release.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

I think that for people looking to run an offensive rolling mists build Valkyrie will be a popular choice.

Personally I will be running cavalier/assassin stats. I’m preferring toughness over vitality because I will be doing many small heals from traits/staff/shield/vengeful hammers. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW8unvNWNS6JrJRZlBlsryfSYV5QJYscrkFNFitMppNtBIBRwugJ8hA-TxyDABafEAgSpwe6GW4BAAkSMAMxdgSQKV/ZKlFJcRA0Z/hAAIA38mZz2MYoDdoDdoDtbezbGA-e

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I was thinking something along the lines of this for my PvE setup

Lots of offense, enough defense. Could replace Runes of Rage with Runes of Strength, would trade about 10% crit damage for around 100-150 more power at around 58x the cost. Also for you, specifically, it only involves switching 2 pieces of Ascended armor.

I’m going to put it to the test on Friday or so see how it lasts in the HOT PvE content for a bit.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I have almost full valkyrie on armor, then berserker on weapon and accessories. If I need a tank setup I simply equip soldier accessories, back and weapon, since the armor is already hybrid. 2800 power (with food) in both setups, 50% crit rate and 215% crit damage on dps set, including sigil of accuracy.

in Revenant

Posted by: Appleheart.7891

Appleheart.7891

Awesome discussion!

I was looking at going helm/gloves/boots, plus amulet, back, and weapons as Zerker. And then combo this with Knight’s Shoulders and Pants, Soldier’s Chest and one Captain’s earring and ring, and one each for the same slots from the zerk+valkyrie combo.

This is still a bit squishier than what many of you have posted, but should be a rather good blend of V/T while maintaining high offensive stats. And yea, with rolling mists it’ll be sat at 85% crit, give or take, so still ample pain to be brought.

I do always prefer to skew the crit chance/crit dmg ratios towards the crit chance, as I prefer the damage to be a bit more dependable, but swapping Captains for Cavaliers otherwise is an easy re-balance.

(edited by Appleheart.7891)

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I’ve said this before, but trinkets are pretty easy to get, so I suggest starting with those, then deciding if you really need/want to change the armor.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

If you have to keep money in check, i’d suggest to roll over a soldier armor and zerker/valk trinkets/weapon….after HoT rolls out you can adjust easily and cheaply

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

I do always prefer to skew the crit chance/crit dmg ratios towards the crit chance, as I prefer the damage to be a bit more dependable, but swapping Captains for Cavaliers otherwise is an easy re-balance.

On Revenant Crit Chance is largely viewed as a lesser needed stat due to high up time of Fury as well as potentially improved Fury as well as Maniacal Persistence even in a Condi build.

I’ve said this before, but trinkets are pretty easy to get, so I suggest starting with those, then deciding if you really need/want to change the armor.

Hardest part now is getting the ascended item. The recipe to swap is pretty reasonable when you get down to it. I spent 100g last night and swapped 4 weapons to 4 different colors to unlock the different skins and back for example. My entire second set is pretty much made up of Ascended box drops from Fractals.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Assuming PvE, I would suggest sticking to just Berserker, Soldier, Valkyrie, or Berserkyrie. Knight’s and Cavalier’s both have Toughness as their primary stat so I would shy away from those. With Herald and Jalis it’s fairly easy to stack damage mitigation so I would recommend bumping your Vitality if you’re feeling a bit on the squishy side.

As others have mentioned go for trinkets first, they are fairly in expensive and rather easy to obtain (if you don’t already have a stock of them). Beyond that, stick to exotic grade items to see what works for you and move onto Ascended when you’re ready to fully commit.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Beyond that, stick to exotic grade items to see what works for you and move onto Ascended when you’re ready to fully commit.

This is exactly what I plan to do. I’m saving up Damask as I make it (I’ve been selling Deldrimor for cash, but it is much easier to make reliably). I have exotic with strength runes in it and when I am ready to make ascended, I will salvage the exotics with BL kits. I will actually have to level up an armorsmith before I can do that, but I’m hoarding cash to finish Flameseeker at the moment.

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I have Ascended Berserker’s with Scholar runes as well as various Berserker weapons with a few offensive infusions in them. My Guard is kindly holding onto most of that gear for now (I’ll clean off the blood later when it gets handed over to my Rev), and I just plan to fiddle around with the trinkets to see how the numbers balance out.

I have plans to make Soldier’s for a Jalis/Tank build and Cleric’s for a Ventari build, but I’m waiting to see how things roll out in the raids before I open a couple a boxes for that gear.

(yes, I am that guy who sold his soul to fractals to stock up on ascended boxes).

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Heh, I haven’t been that fortunate yet in fractals. My reward level is around 20 and I’ve had a couple of rings drop, but not the boxes.

I’ve been using my guardian in fractals, but think Revenant is going to be dynamite there.

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I have enough ascended crafting mats to create a set of heavy armor and six weapons. My pve build as it stands is Valkyrie armor, runes unknown, can be might or rage. Zerk jewelry and weapons, exception is the shield I might make it with healing power/toughness based on shield 4-5.

This beta weekend will be very essential once reports come in from the Hot maps and raids and what they encountered. It might be a heads up on what direction I want to go.

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

Heh, I haven’t been that fortunate yet in fractals. My reward level is around 20 and I’ve had a couple of rings drop, but not the boxes.

I’ve been using my guardian in fractals, but think Revenant is going to be dynamite there.

I really want the Fractal Skins for my Revenant because they’re so Mists looking. In the new system if you’re 51+ you can buy them for Pristine Fractal Relics. So for the last month basically I’ve been chain running Fractals non-stop and I just hit 50 yesterday. In that time I’ve gotten around 5 Ascended Chests to make a suit of gear with and just used the stat swap forge recipe to change it. On top of that I’ve gotten more rings than I could count (have a mule full of them), more than enough fractal relics for full Agony resistance and then some, and two ascended back pieces. Been amazing for prepping up for HOT.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I really want the Fractal Skins for my Revenant because they’re so Mists looking. In the new system if you’re 51+ you can buy them for Pristine Fractal Relics.

Congrats! I’ve had bad luck with timing on guild fractal runs lately, so haven’t had a chance to do that many.

Do you recall where you saw the info about the new system? I hadn’t seen many details like how advancement was going to work and how AR would be changing, if at all.

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

Congrats! I’ve had bad luck with timing on guild fractal runs lately, so haven’t had a chance to do that many.

Do you recall where you saw the info about the new system? I hadn’t seen many details like how advancement was going to work and how AR would be changing, if at all.

I just PUG them. It’s really not bad at all.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-brand-new-fractals-of-the-mists-legendary-backpacks-ascended-salvaging-and-more/

For players who’ve been hunting for fractal weapon skins, we’re making a couple a changes. The first is that there will be a collection for obtaining them all, including a new reward for its completion. The second change will help address the frustration of trying to find that one particularly elusive skin you really want that won’t drop no matter how many fractal runs you attempt. Once you’ve completed fractal scale 50, the golem BUY-2046 in the Mistlock Observatory will sell you a fractal weapon crate for pristine fractal relics, which will grant you a fractal weapon skin of your choice.

Additionally, a new version of the fractal weapon skins is being created but will only be obtainable at the new, higher fractal scales. Instead of a fractal weapon crate for these weapon skins, we’re creating a new recipe in the Mystic Forge that will allow you to take any one instance of the new skin and convert it to a new weapon skin of your choice. This will help maintain the prestige of the new weapon skins but still allow you to wear them on the weapon of your choice.

Kodiak X – Blackgate