Lower Shiro's Energy Cost?

in Revenant

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

I’m finding sustain being a big issue with the Revenant with the Shiro Legend.

The issue I’m having is this: once you shadowstep in with Phase Traversal, use Impossible Odds + weapon skills to pull off your burst, you really don’t have the energy required for Riposting Shadows. You can rush in a deal a decent burst but you’ve got no way of retreating. They essentially gave Revenant a Thief Legend with no Stealth and no way of retreating. I can’t really find a benefit to that.

Am I playing Rev incorrectly? Should I not play Shiro with a DPS focus then?

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

in Revenant

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

Also I think the problem is that I’m running Shiro with a Burst DPS setup instead of just DPS. Shiro gets stronger over time and he isn’t meant to be bursty. Should I lean more towards surviving longer instead, doing more damage over time instead of burst?

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

in Revenant

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I might be the wrong guy for this but have you tried swapping legends it seems they wants you too..constantly. I don’t like the restricted design of legend capabilities it’s more than Death Shroud but I think once energy cost on weapons are removed and you actually feels like you have two sets of utilities instead of attunements it would be better.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Tbh I would prefer reducing costs of skills and removing instant 50% energy on legend swap than having current costs and keeping 50% energy on swap and just keep whatever energy you had before swapping making effectively one energy bar for both legends.

Makes swapping legends often a no brainer for the sake of maximizing due to 50% energy which isn’t too fun. Feeling kinda forced to do it or else handicapping myself.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Change the title in “Lower Energy cost”. Shiro is almost fine, Jalis has a 50 energy taunt (come on, Jade Winds has the same cost but is many times stronger)

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

Change the title in “Lower Energy cost”. Shiro is almost fine, Jalis has a 50 energy taunt (come on, Jade Winds has the same cost but is many times stronger)

^this !

Shiro is pretty fine (when Phase Traversal gets a “no valid path to target” check)
But impossible odds should get rid of the initial energy cost

But Jalis .. cmon 50 energy for a taunt that doesnt even heavily hurt a defiance bar? no way