Mace in a Power build?

Mace in a Power build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Hi,

Does Mace have any use in a Power build? I find myself having a lot of trouble coming up with a use for it, since the damage seems low.

Mace in a Power build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

Mace 3 does ok power damage ,but there would really be no reason to use it over sword. It’s really a Condi weapon at heart.

Mace in a Power build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Although you can get a lot of might stacks with mace/glint combo. If after a party power kind of thing.

Mace in a Power build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

No.

Sword autoattack is one of the highest DPS autoattacks in game. Mace is a condi pvp weapon.

Mace in a Power build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

How does Mace generate a lot of might? I could only proc 1 blast from skill #3.

Mace in a Power build?

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

When I was trying to build a cele revenant in pvp earlier I ran into this issue. Sword and mace are both pushed into primarily power and condi roles respectively, so there isn’t a true hybrid option on any weapon. Mace sounds like a good hybrid weapon on paer, but its damage coefficients are just too low. It does have great condi pressure though, and I really enjoy the almost spammable fire field!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Mace in a Power build?

in Revenant

Posted by: VengefulShoe.5761

VengefulShoe.5761

Mace can help a party with a lack of fire fields generate might because skill 2 is a 100% uptime fire field. Outside of that you can proc skill 3 twice inside skill 2, but you have to take a couple steps back in order to position the first blast right inside the field because there is a small leap on it. Its cumbersome but possible.

Mace in a Power build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

If you do it right you can proc all 3 hits takes a little finesse