Make CoR (hammer 2) Great Again!

in Revenant

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

After all the revenant nerfs, barely any rev uses hammer anymore, tired of hearing other pvp players complain when I bring out my hammer into a pvp match and being told to equip the pink bifrost (Staff weapon) instead. Can’t we just undo the Revenant Hammer nerfs.

Below is a link to Coalescence of Ruin (hammer 2) wiki page showing all the recent nerfs to it.

January 26, 2016 – The recharge of this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 4 seconds. Enemies are now able to be struck by this ability only once every 0.5 seconds.

December 15, 2015 – Updated visual effects to accurately match the combat range.
This ability will no longer hit more than the maximum number of targets (5).
The cascade will additionally cease its progression if it hits the maximum number of targets.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Coalescence_of_Ruin

in Revenant

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Seeing how CoR still hits for 15k plus at 1200 range I don’t think this is the skill that put the nail in Hammers Coffin, I think the other skills need a look at for re-evaluation

in Revenant

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Even before the nerfs, hammer wasn’t meta in pvp. Not cause it lacked damage, but for a ranged weapon rev had limited kiting ability. All the projectile hate didn’t help either. I suppose making shiro teleport ground targeted would help hammer indirectly. Though it would need some minor nerf such as increased cast time or cooldown.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Hammer is perfect for Backline wvw zergling and or pve maps (I don’t mean fractals or raids.) Cor already hits for over 8k+ as well has 5-6k other other hammer skills

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Hammer has no real purpose other than spamming CoR in a backline. As a ranged weapon, it’s complete garbage, and reverting hammer 2 to what it was before would just be accepting its current state, and tossing out the chance for a proper rework.

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Hammer has no real purpose other than spamming CoR in a backline. As a ranged weapon, it’s complete garbage, and reverting hammer 2 to what it was before would just be accepting its current state, and tossing out the chance for a proper rework.

Pretty much. It is a sucky weapon unless there is a large number of enemies that you can easily hit. Reverting back CoR screw WvW without making the weapon viable anywhere else. It needs to back to the drawing board.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

If anything, CoR needs another nerfing in damage. In compensation, a buff to 1, 3, and 5 need to be made. This is especially true for1 since it is so slow!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I remember the first time I let CoR fly into a blob.

The trail of downs was hilarious. Once you got the dble hit range down you were 1 shotting ppl guaranteed

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

If anything, CoR needs another nerfing in damage. In compensation, a buff to 1, 3, and 5 need to be made. This is especially true for1 since it is so slow!

Hammer 1 under immposible odds is pretty decent for me.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Make CoR 1 target so Rev players l2p instead of spam in hope aoe skill does the job for them.

The game has to much aoe spammable skills overall , its a dumb game to play reason pvp is a disgrace.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Make CoR 1 target so Rev players l2p instead of spam in hope aoe skill does the job for them.

The game has to much aoe spammable skills overall , its a dumb game to play reason pvp is a disgrace.

I dont think an AoE skill on a weapon with mostly AoE skills is a problem. :V

in Revenant

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Hammer sucked as a weapon even prior to #2 nerf outside of zergs. They need to redesign the weapon entirely now. Almost all of Rev class is utterly useless and the few things that work are slightly gimmicky and so people cry nerf for everything.

Reduce the cd on the skill, and the supremely horrible build you see people running in WvW that sometimes has a nice 10k crit will seem that more OP despite all its many shortcomings.

(edited by JayAction.9056)