Making a Rev: Builds for Svaard's stats?

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

Ello you mist-jumping buggers.

I’ve finally opted to level a revenant to get the most use out of my ascended heavy gear, and know jack diddly about Rev builds.

Could any of you kindly give me a rundown on what I should be running for Svaard’s stats? Marauders stats is the other name.

In advance, thanks!

NOW GET BACK IN RANGE OF MY kitten SWORD!

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I’m using berserkyrie trinkets with it. I run glint/Jalis with sword/shield/hammer, which makes you relatively tanky for dps gear. You give up relatively little in the way of offense to run Marauder vs Berserker, so Shiro/Glint (the highest dps build) or whatever power build you want to use is fine.

Make sure and have a look at furious maintenance oil.

in Revenant

Invictorum.7643

I need to farm those hero points for Glint…

Having to do that again in the HoT zones is the only bad thing I forsee.

oh god the frogs x.x

in Revenant

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

I’m going for run svaard stats on my rev, the stats on that armor is too good to pass up, currently i run on assassin for crit damage. I won’t be losing a big percentage with it either.

Proud TTS member

in Revenant

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

I was using marauder with zerker trinkets and standard power shiro/glint builds.
The extra vitality for the price of the power wasn’t worth it as much as I tought it would so I swapped back to berserkers.

You will have more critical chance but loss of power makes you actually do less damage, specially in groups.

(edited by Nephziel.6053)

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I was using marauder with zerker trinkets and standard power shiro/glint builds.
The extra vitality for the price of the power wasn’t worth it as much as I tought it would so I swapped back to berserkers.

You will have more critical chance but loss of power makes you actually do less damage, specially in groups.

Even on the chest, which has the highest stats, it is only a difference of 20 power. However, the loss of ferocity is a bit bigger than that. I suspect what you felt wasn’t power so much as the combination of the two.

You do give up a little bit of offense, but you get more total stat points. Again, with the chest as an example, 376 for Svaard vs 343 for Zojja, a difference of 34. 67 of that is vitality, so the offensive stat points for Svaard is 309.

So, you give up 34 points in offensive stats to gain 67 vitality. Whether that is worth it or not is up to the individual.

in Revenant

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

Even on the chest, which has the highest stats, it is only a difference of 20 power. However, the loss of ferocity is a bit bigger than that. I suspect what you felt wasn’t power so much as the combination of the two.

You do give up a little bit of offense, but you get more total stat points. Again, with the chest as an example, 376 for Svaard vs 343 for Zojja, a difference of 34. 67 of that is vitality, so the offensive stat points for Svaard is 309.

So, you give up 34 points in offensive stats to gain 67 vitality. Whether that is worth it or not is up to the individual.

i forgot what exactly what it was, but theres something i think a rune that gives you power from toughness and vit,so basically it isn’t a loss XD. I could be wrong, it was quite awhile when someone mentioned it though.

Proud TTS member

in Revenant

Invictorum.7643

I’m generally a WvW player, so I thought that extra bit of Vit would be worth it since I won’t be able to dodge everything thrown at me. And time to farm HP for Herald! And make an ascended sword x.x

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I’m generally a WvW player, so I thought that extra bit of Vit would be worth it since I won’t be able to dodge everything thrown at me. And time to farm HP for Herald! And make an ascended sword x.x

For WvW, if you are with a Zerg, you will probably want the retribution line, which can give you stability on dodge , 10% damage resist against targets beyond 360, and additional damage resist below 75% health (and more), along with the herald GM that gives an additional stack of stability whenever stability is applied to you.

in Revenant

Invictorum.7643

I’m generally a roamer and scout. I think I’l probably go Shiro/Glint just to zoom around and keep my eye on everything I can.8