Mallyx and Jalis improvements

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Well hi guys!
I’m sure it’s not the first topic about this subject but it seems Roy and arenateam haven’t read the ones after last BWE. So i suggest here to speak about the two underpowered legends: Jalis Ironhammer the Tank dwarf and Mallyx the unyielding the demon lord based initialy on condition eating but being now a condition dealer. So what you you like to see guys on these stances for making them more attractive and viable?
Glint nerf of the 27/10 was expected, Glint hold actually too much of the revenant power. With the nerf on the heal and shield skill we are actually less tanky. It is time to make other legends something to consider.

I’m starting with some suggestions feel free to comment, you can speak about Ventari too, in fact all others legends than Glint and Shiro are underwelming.

Jalis Ironhammer (Tank role):

-“Inspiring reinforcement”:
Personnaly i don’t like the animation at all (why a brick road? What relation with a Dwarf?) but enough about animation. This skill is far too slow. Stability is a boon that make a tanky feeling, making the character immune against cc. But actually we must cast the road, wait her to be finished for having 5 pulse of 1 sec retaliation (barelly 5 seconds) but we MUST stand on the road for having all the five seconds. I suggest myself a thing like “Infuse terror” of the reaper shroud, giving us stability for 6,7 or 8 seconds but increasing the cost to 35 and cd to 20. The pro on this is that we have stability on demand, without needing 1 second that the road is finished, we don’t have to the necessity to stand on the road for having all the stability time. The animation on this would be, or a light blue glowing around the character for all duration or stones floating around for all duration.

-“Forced Engagement”:
First this skill was 50 energy and was down to 35 energy, a more reasonnable cost. But i admit i actually don’t love the concept even if i can understand it (tanks in MMO are supposed to taunt ennemies and take all dammages). But i actually have very little use of this skill in PVE or PVP it serve near to nothing. I think this skill need to be reworked. Or making it immobilise rather than slowing. The projectile is far too slow and easily dodgeable. Here i don’t have really idea for a skill that could remplace “forced engagement” it must be something tanky. Maybe something like throwing a rock or a chain to the ennemy making it weak, taunt him and being the dammage (increasing the dammage) utility skill of the legend? Or maybe just add immobilisation to the skill or maybe add weakness (it’s Jalis condition after all) instead of slow but for more time (5sec).

-“Vengefull hammers”:

Well this skill is the only i’m okay with. It really add a tanky feeling and it’s not too expensive. Hammers are in Jalis theme too. But there is just one problem with the skill. Hammers actually disapears, and stop the skill when touching a wall. That’s a little annoying.

-“Soothing Stone”:

The heal itself is good and it’s our first heal for remove conditions. The heal is strong too but Glint heal remains better. I think we could increase it healing by 15 or 20% and adding one or two second of retaliation (for a total of 4). At last he say "all that hurt me would pay it’ and that’s for only two seconds of retaliation?!. Retaliation is the boon, with stability, which is intended to give a tanky vibe. So maybe push this boon acces a little bit? Guardians have toons to acces to retaliation.

-“Rite of the Great Dwaf”:

Ok this elite, i love it, the animation mainly, in fact this elite need some buffs. First the cast time is too long! It don’t allow us, or it’s difficult to cast it for counter a burst. Thing it’s supposed to do i presume. Why no making him stunbreak and instant while increasing the cd? The duration can stay 5 seconds i think but for this 5 seconds we need an instant and stunbreak. Coz for now 5 seconds with 1/1/4 cast is too short, too difficult to aim and counter ennemy burst. And i really thing this elite must do that: COUNTER BURST.

Mallyx the unyielding( Condition dealer and/or/ eater, not really clear with the traitline that must be reworked a bit):

-" Empowering misery":
Small heal, increasing in power with conditions on you. When first your skills give you conditions it was strong. Now it’s not that good, it’s just a way to resist to conditions dealer when you have good amount of conditions on you. Maybe increase the base heal a little coz now that Mallyx don’t give us condition i think it stand a bit weak.

-“Pain absorption”:
Serve to absorp conditions to allies, one for each with a total of 5 allies. Now that Mallyx can’t give use conditions it’s the only way to have conditions without being touch with an ennemy condition. Maybe can we increase the condition transfered to 2 for having a more vast acces to conditions for ourselves?

-“Banish enchantment”:
Nothing to say. Boon cleaner like the necromancer one. It’s fun.

-“Embrace the darkness”:
This skill WAS fun! It was super when it serve to spred your conditions to others foes around you. Now that we don’t have acces to easily conditions it only pulse torment, being very weak. I think it must spred your conditions again! Or at last pulsing with various conditions like torment, poison, burning aleatory. The torment pulse is too weak and this elite is only usefull for it’s 10% stat increase. Please make condition spred back! Or make something like, when you’re struck under Embrace the darkness you give condition to your foes, so not pulsing. But i think pulse would be better.

-Ventari the centaur(Healing spec):

For Ventari i don’t really play it, i’m not a fan of healing specs. But it seems clunky. I think make him smoother and give him a WATER field instead light field yould be better. (Light field give retaliation, a more Jalis themed thing).

I would love to talk about traitlines now, coz yeah, with jalis and Mallyx we need to have some things in those traitlines to be changed.

-“Retaliation”:

-Eye for an eye:
Make old version back please! Throw taunt away and give us the protection when cc! With the taunt now it’s a better talent, for sure, but 45 seconds is WAAAY to much. It can’t be 5 seconds like it was first coz now it give taunt too and taunt it’s a very strong cc but lowered it to 35 or 30 seconds please. Or throw taunt away and give us back protection when cc!

-Steadfast rejuvenation:
This talent is too weak. With the ROTGD proc now it just make this talent useless. Increase te healing for making it more competitive.

-Unwavering avoidance:
I would myself change it with retaliatory evasion if “inspiring reinforcement” is changed for giving us more stability. If “inspiring renforcement” give us what he shoud be: stability, we are having more difficulties to get retaliation. So i think changing these two would be better. I already thing myself retaliation has a more Jailis and tanky vibe than stability.

-Corruption traitline:

-Venom enhancement:
Is nice in the new role of Mallyx, giving conditions. But i think the cd still a bit too high. Maybe lowered it to 15 seconds?

-Bolstered anguish:
This talent is in a clunky side now. Before, when we having conditions on demand it was a nice way to increae our dps. But now you just need to be condition by a foes for activate it. I think we can do better.

-Pulsating pestilence:
Same that before, when we are having conditions on demand this talent was not bad. But now it’s barelly useless and don’t compet with demonic inferno. Maybe it should give aleatory conditions when struck by an ennemy? Conditions in theme with Mallyx so burning, poison and torment. 1 s burning, 2s poison, 3s torment or something like that. Everyone of these 3 conditions having one chance on three being applied when struck (25% chance)

Well that’s it, i have took one hour to make this. I really love revenant like i was enjoying Ritualist but for now it’s just a mess and need some tweeks, bugfixes and reworks. I have create this topic coz i want revenant to be better and not struck on 2 legends (Shiro and Glint) When he have 4 choices (ventari being a little appart coz it’s pure healing). Please guys feel free to comment and talking about your impressions on legends other than Shiro and Glint. We must warn Roy about this fact.

Have a nice day!

PS: Sorry for my english it’s not my native language.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Posted by: matugm.4561

matugm.4561

Steadfast rejuvenation:
This talent is too weak. With the ROTGD proc now it just make this talent useless. Increase the healing to make it more competitive.

I agree with this one. I’m trying to make a tanky build that can sustain itself and the heal looks great on paper but it is not strong enough.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

You need to stop conflating shield with Glint (Legendary Dragon stance). While they are related, they aren’t the same. I use shield in Jalis stance all the time.

Soothing Stone should clear conditions before applying the heal.

Inspiring Reinforcement should either give a flat amount of stability at the start or increase the pulsed duration to 2 seconds.

Everything else about Jalis fine.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Revenant

Posted by: BladeBraverBureba.1052

BladeBraverBureba.1052

You need to stop conflating shield with Glint (Legendary Dragon stance). While they are related, they aren’t the same. I use shield in Jalis stance all the time.

Soothing Stone should clear conditions before applying the heal.

Inspiring Reinforcement should either give a flat amount of stability at the start or increase the pulsed duration to 2 seconds.

Everything else about Jalis fine.

Aside from the hammers being useless currently, you mean.