Mallyx is God

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I’m just so happy be watching people figure out Mallyx like I did awhile ago. Watching EU Condi Revs dominate, just validates everything and why no one is taking all the crying about Mallyx Seriously.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Month ago, people were telling me Mallyx builds can’t compare to Power Revenant. Well…

But seriously now, Mallyx Legend is not the problem in here.

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Shiro is clearly the reason why rev is so good.

Yeah I can wreck face on condi reaper, but overall viper rev will be better since shiro lets it rotate from point to point faster, break stun, way easier, and disengage with super speed way better. Mallyx just lets it counter other condi builds and boosts its condi output a fair bit.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I’m just so happy be watching people figure out Mallyx like I did awhile ago. Watching EU Condi Revs dominate, just validates everything and why no one is taking all the crying about Mallyx Seriously.

I dont see them dominating anything honestly, not me nor my hammer for sure. My dd and dh eats them alive as well. Also take off Shiro and lets see how it goes

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

mallyx has no stun break other than legend swap, which means you’re helpless for the first 9sec after switching and there’s no a kitten thing you can do about it.

downed state is bad for PVP

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

It is still a very dysfunctional legend with controversy between legend and traitline, that needs to be reworked. For both the sake of people who wanna enjoy other builds with Mallyx, and people who play against it.

Pumpkin – Mag

(edited by Pumpkin.5169)

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

SoulstitchMMO.1396

God you people are sad. Mallyx is only bad in some ridiculous theorycrafting. In practice he’s amazing. Start playing Mallyx on a regular basis and you’ll how amazing the Legend is.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

God you people are sad. Mallyx is only bad in some ridiculous theorycrafting. In practice he’s amazing. Start playing Mallyx on a regular basis and you’ll how amazing the Legend is.

What use elite for Mallyx has, other than triggering trait? Whats the point of holding conditions on yourself as well? For now all i see is banish spam and vs condi classes pain spam. Either way just a spam on a legend and traitline that doesnt know what they want to do.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: asher.1246

asher.1246

Oh another sPVP post.

What about pve? mallyx sucks.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Oh another sPVP post.

Mallyx is great in PvE. Unless you’re talking about speedruns where I have to squeeze every single dps possible. Tons of builds are being excluded because it isn’t the highest dps anyways. With Mallyx, I can spam AoE torment to tons of enemies, I can tag a lot of enemies. With the resistance trait, I can be immune to condi for a long while. There are some mobility because of the leap.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

I dont see them dominating anything honestly, not me nor my hammer for sure. My dd and dh eats them alive as well. Also take off Shiro and lets see how it goes

Why would he remove something which makes him powerful?What would you do if he agree to remove it,but only if you do not use heal or dodge roll?Pointless

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Oh lord, don’t you think you’re getting a bit ahead of yourself?
What exactly does Mallyx do? Spam Resistance and strip boons. That’s all fine and dandy, but what does Shiro do? Amazing Stun Break that synergies with Retribution(+Herald), gives a condi class a 1200 range gap closer and allows you to hit through blocks, a strong AoE CC, and Quickness for stomping/çondi pressure/sword pressure, and super speed to escape hairy situation/getting in there.

It really looks like Shiro is handling the bulk of the situations while Mallyx is there for the Resistance spam and occasional boon stripping(i.e. more niche situations).

Lets also mention that Mallyx would not be anywhere near as good without Retribution + Herald + Durability Runes.
Don’t you see how flawed this legend is? No one was saying that he’s completely useless, but that’s he’s a complete mess design-wise and he suffers in many areas where he shouldn’t, by virtue of being re-designed to be so much safer and tame.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

The problem with Mallyx is the same as with Hammer for Revenant, its so unbalanced its game-breaking atm. It always happens in MMO’s when they introduce a new Class: The Class has a high risk of being OP to the xtreme and with Hammer AA and #2 (specially its CD ofc) and also the Condi Version of Mallyx where u can dish out insane amount of dmg and be totally immune to “that” same dmg we will see a a crushing Nerf in the Future.

I love the Rev and more or less made it my new Main but the fact is Rev is most likely gonna be hit the hardest when the “first” real balance patch arrives and you/me should be prepared for it. To play Rev atm and say mentioned things arent un-balanced is to live in the clouds. I just hope Anet are responsible when they patch and dont destroy the Revs options for Builds cause despite how strong Power Hammer is and Condi Mallyx as weak is say Dwarf Stance or Ventari…

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

SoulstitchMMO.1396

What exactly does Mallyx do? Spam Resistance and strip boons. That’s all fine and dandy, but what does Shiro do? Amazing Stun Break that synergies with Retribution(+Herald), gives a condi class a 1200 range gap closer and allows you to hit through blocks, a strong AoE CC, and Quickness for stomping/çondi pressure/sword pressure, and super speed to escape hairy situation/getting in there.

It really looks like Shiro is handling the bulk of the situations while Mallyx is there for the Resistance spam and occasional boon stripping(i.e. more niche situations).

Lets also mention that Mallyx would not be anywhere near as good without Retribution + Herald + Durability Runes.
Don’t you see how flawed this legend is? No one was saying that he’s completely useless, but that’s he’s a complete mess design-wise and he suffers in many areas where he shouldn’t, by virtue of being re-designed to be so much safer and tame.

Until you stop trolling with your terrible theory crafting you’re never going to be taken seriously. You should probably start playing Mallyx.

If Shiro really is doing all the work, why isn’t Glint being taken for condi builds? Hmm?

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: NeoJerod.8104

NeoJerod.8104

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlEQRApX5un3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrkFUlR9iPGJNgCWwO92jH-ThyCABAcCBOZ/hIOIAqqE84nEAKaMMw8nRK/yTfwNq/EA4AY36W3AQKgFVWB-e

nuff said, this is my build, it crushes in PvP, WvWvW, and all the PvE content I have tried (Raid excluded until this Saturday)

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlEQRApX5un3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrkFUlR9iPGJNgCWwO92jH-ThyCABAcCBOZ/hIOIAqqE84nEAKaMMw8nRK/yTfwNq/EA4AY36W3AQKgFVWB-e

nuff said, this is my build, it crushes in PvP, WvWvW, and all the PvE content I have tried (Raid excluded until this Saturday)

Looks like ezmode to kill with any class packing a few conditions..

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

been playing almost the same thing since I create my revenant. You shouldn’t post this kind of build that let you faceroll everything it’s bad

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Man, if there was gear that had Power, Ferocity and Condi… this build would be even better.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Until you stop trolling with your terrible theory crafting you’re never going to be taken seriously. You should probably start playing Mallyx.

If Shiro really is doing all the work, why isn’t Glint being taken for condi builds? Hmm?

I like how you call me the troll and then don’t try to counter any of my claims with anything logical.
Why isn’t Glint being taken? Simple: No Boon Stripping and can’t handle conditions as well. Helps that Unyielding Anguish can supplement some Torment as well while Glint has Burning for damage at best(which takes longer to take effect than UA).

Again, don’t you see how flawed Mallyx is design-wise? You never answer this. You just say we’re theory-crafting too much. That isn’t proving anything; you’re just making an opinion.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

He literally said….uh…..

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Honestly though, the Mallyx and condi revs were mostly complaining about PVE. In pvp it was a grey area, and actually still is, but condi rev in pvp was never thought to be terrible or even bad, but I def didnt think it compared with power

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

when you say "crushes in “WvWvW” are you talking about one on one matches? cause without hammer you lack range + no shiro means you can be cc to death.

but every build has a weakness mine too. thats what makes ths game fun

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Takanashi.6548

Takanashi.6548

Please everybody stay powerbuild glint/shiro, spamming UA or Hammer 2… Do not go Malyx build it sucks in PVP…

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I mean I don’t know with the level cleansing exists in this game, is it really that effective.

It can only dish Torment effectively and like burn guardian it does not have cover conditions.

And that is Torment if you foe is clever and will not move, it will do crap for damage and Revenant will be glass against power damage.

Sure, you can wreck people in hot joins but in competitive PVP?

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I mean I don’t know with the level cleansing exists in this game, is it really that effective.

It can only dish Torment effectively and like burn guardian it does not have cover conditions.

And that is Torment if you foe is clever and will not move, it will do crap for damage and Revenant will be glass against power damage.

Cover conditions = poison, chill, weakness, as well as constant pulsing condi, and low cool down burning.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I STILL like the power build better

Mallyx is better in 1v1 for sure no doubt but I feel like it is easily focused in team fights without the Glint Heal

Plus I just love the staff

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Mallyx is better in 1v1 for sure no doubt but I feel like it is easily focused in team fights without the Glint Heal

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW5nnfN2gSuJvQRHlboskyPU4S5IKor8EllTlRdjOOJNgEWwe92rH-TZxCABAcEAwb/BtKDQxDAY6LAAA

That’s the build I’ve been running with in Ranked and and in WvW, Scavenging Runes and Carrion Amulet.

In team fights you can stack massive fire with Glint Elite, Elemental Blast, and Mace 2, then swap over and start spamming Unyielding Anguish for AoE Pressure, or Boon Stripping. You can also due a ton of pressure with EtD while when you get low on energy before swapping back to Glint.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

SoulstitchMMO.1396

keeping in mind while using Unyielding Anguish and Staff Auto Attack you get extra healing from orbs, and leeching bolt from Auto Attack.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: NeoJerod.8104

NeoJerod.8104

when you say "crushes in “WvWvW” are you talking about one on one matches? cause without hammer you lack range + no shiro means you can be cc to death.

but every build has a weakness mine too. thats what makes ths game fun

Yeah, no shiro means I can be cc’d to death, but so can every class when they are focused. But yeah in WvWvW I am consistently winning 1v2 fights, and during “zerg” situations I usually have my Comm Tagg on and am busy guiding people and setting up our next objective, so it’s not really effective for me to try to add “skirmish dps” with hammer before we make a push, I find it better to run shield for survive-ability and resurrecting people.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Cover conditions = poison, chill, weakness, as well as constant pulsing condi, and low cool down burning.

The trick is uptime of the Torment is so high compare to cover condition (to reach 7-8 stacks of Torment and that is your offensive power) yeah , you can cover 3 stacks of Torment but not the 10-12 stacks that you have a potential for it.

And most of the pulsing belongs to one location, I was so use to see Power Rev when I first encountered a torment Rev I didn’t pay attention and it kitten d.

Next encounter in the same match with same player, after I stepped outside of its inital AOE pulse torment, I literally didn’t move and wrecked him by standing still.

If the player clever and don’t let Torment kitten him, this build feels like corrupt necro who is not able to find boons to corrupt.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

We used to have poison, chill, weakness, blind, vuln, and cripple along with higher burst Torment and higher burst Confusion

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

What use elite for Mallyx has, other than triggering trait? Whats the point of holding conditions on yourself as well? For now all i see is banish spam and vs condi classes pain spam. Either way just a spam on a legend and traitline that doesnt know what they want to do.

Well I had fun watching a mesmer run away from me and suicide on the stacks of torment I put on him. He probably didn’t know what torment does.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Tell that to EU ESL.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Well I had fun watching a mesmer run away from me and suicide on the stacks of torment I put on him. He probably didn’t know what torment does.

Or didn’t have any condi cleanse and running is better than getting beat in the face with mace or fire. If you move… Torment, if you don’t move, Fire, If you attack, confusion. Basically Condi Rev can just punish you no matter what you do.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

I Love the mallyx build its so fun ^^
But how u deal vs DH?
Its the only class that is a good counter vs mallyx rev i think and power rev is so easy to fight just Burn them to death ^^

(edited by Legiion.7385)

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

It’s amazing against all the condi spam going on.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

The very first time I saw pure condi revenant in sPvP I was like "wow, that hurts even more than some condi reapers do, which I usually succesfully counter with my own mallyx and demonic defiance. But once I tried it myself I felt literally very dirty, pretty much as my experience of “trying out” DH. Condition revenant just looked so cheap and auto-procish to me while the celestial build I played before (herald+mallyx) felt more rewarding. Shiro’s elite > axe 5 > 2 > 3 and banishment towards them once they attempt to squize out, rare bullkitten survived after that. Though I gotta say that downstate condi revenant looks way more threatening thanks to torment lol
Also, would be really cool if demonic defiance/absorp pain granted NON boon immunity because most classes it’s aimed againts can just easily strip/convert it into conditions xD
As for opposing DHs, I found a counter in my hammer. Still doesn’t help a lot in the matches when they get beaten 1vs1 by me and just go send a druid towards me instead to stalemate if I decided to backcap. Pretty much turning it into nuke nightmare for my team on mid…

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Potato Slayer.3107

Potato Slayer.3107

Pure condi revenant is still horrid in pve and subpar in spvp.

All I have seen is celestial/durability bunker with mallyx/glint or mallyx/shiro.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Pure condi revenant is still horrid in pve and subpar in spvp.

All I have seen is celestial/durability bunker with mallyx/glint or mallyx/shiro.

so Mallyx is not God? Good to know…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

It’s amazing against all the condi spam going on.

This. It’s basically the anti-meta that makes it so strong.

If CC spam (i.e. old hammer Warrior) was viable, Mallyx revs would be in a very troubled spot. You kind of see it already with certain Engin/Mesmer and even Ranger Taunt spam fights that is when Mallyx struggles.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Tbh thief should murder any viper rev. Ez prey. Right as they swap to Mallyx, steal stab and unload burst. But cause everyone and their mom thinks thief is in bad spot (it inst) viper revs can run and counter other braindead condi classes and dont worry about being bursted 100-0

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Tbh thief should murder any viper rev. Ez prey. Right as they swap to Mallyx, steal stab and unload burst. But cause everyone and their mom thinks thief is in bad spot (it inst) viper revs can run and counter other braindead condi classes and dont worry about being bursted 100-0

The reason Thief (actually Daredevil) counters Mallyx is the CC + spike. The steal is just to ramp up the burst and Mallyx has basically no way to get out of stun CC + Vault damage spike. It’s really effective if your the Mallyx is under any kind of secondary damage pressure. I want to point out that Daredevil/Staff is pretty effective in any focus spike because of how it plays and is nigh broken too good.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

Mallyx/Glint is better.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

It’s why pros play it with chronobunkers… can’t focus them when they have 10 seconds of distortion and alacrity gets those defensive cooldowns up much faster.

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Lvl 80+ Snowblind. I’d like to see it crush that PvE content.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Oh another sPVP post.

It is ‘good’ in PvE in the sense of it being a 10% DPS boost if you got quickness covered. So essentially, its as good as Shiro really.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Oh another sPVP post.

It is ‘good’ in PvE in the sense of it being a 10% DPS boost if you got quickness covered. So essentially, its as good as Shiro really.

The condi legend is better at power basically.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

So that’s why so many thieves are running P/P now. Not that I’ve seen any of these thieves win 1v1 yet. I think it’s just the stun there that can kill the rev tbh. If timed right when the rev is low on health you should have a free kill.

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

So that’s why so many thieves are running P/P now. Not that I’ve seen any of these thieves win 1v1 yet. I think it’s just the stun there that can kill the rev tbh. If timed right when the rev is low on health you should have a free kill.

I think he just meant “do your burst”, anyways I agree after initial learning curve every rev 1v1 with my daredevil has been as easy as killing old necros. I find that projectile you get (especially with double steal) is key to easily beating the rev. It doesn’t hurt that I played Rev hard for a couple weeks and know when to not attack (which as a thief you have that choice when to pressure and when to be wherever you want)

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Mallyx is God

in Revenant

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Mallyx are far from being a god.. you only think mallyx is strong because warrior players are few in pvp since HOT hit them pretty bad but if only anet didnt mess up warrior revenant mallyx is a joke. And dd ele can still beat them im not sure where you get the idea of mallyx being god DH can send them to oblivion.