Middle ground suggestion, Unyielding Anguish.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

So it turns out a lot of people really liked Unyielding Anguish and that there is a lot of talk about this skill being reworked. Meanwhile we can all see the skill really was a problematic mess which didn’t only break things, but also caused a little too much chaos despite it’s theme. I can see both sides of the coin and to be perfectly honest I don’t dislike the new version.

However one things worries me. Before mainly in PvP, if you saw a Mallyx Revenant you know he or she could do all sorts of things ranging from nullifying conditions, copying over conditions, displace people, apply conditions and so forth. Right now the entire legend feels a little… hallow and one-sided. All the legend does right now is apply conditions, remove boons and grant resistance.

The Revenant downed skill was changed from a displace to a knockback. This is a very elegant solution that still retains the skill’s flavor without all the downsides it caused before. Now here is my suggestion. Why not make Unyielding Anguish cause a knockback upon landing? With all the break bars we need to deal with in PvE, and Mallyx himself having no control and CC in PvP and WvW I think the legend needs something else going for it. Unyielding Anguish was a fun skill because it allowed you to move enemies and in PvP decap a point. It was too strong before but one single knockback shouldn’t be all that gamebreaking for the energy cost. It has some synergy with all the torment you apply as well as it should tick once during the knockback, causing one tick of extra damage because of the target being moved. All in all I’m looking forward to test the new Mallyx. After all, we haven’t even played with the new version yet.

Would the people who are upset about the Unyielding Anguish change be happy with this? Or are there any major issues I overlooked?

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Bovan.9481)

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I would approve of this, or a fear element. Say 2 second fear as you land?

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

Or a pulsing pull to the center of the field. Anything to help prevent stomp/res.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

This is something I could get behind as well. Although since we can more or less do them back to back, I feel a 2 second fear would be too long.

1 second fear I would be very happy with.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Bovan.9481)

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I’d prefer fear but any CC would be nice, I suppose.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

This is something I could get behind as well. Although since we can more or less do them back to back, I feel a 2 second fear would be too long.

1 second fear I would be very happy with.

1 second would work to if its “spamable”. I honestly don’t remember the cool-down time, I didn’t use it the last beta weekend. As it is, I just can’t see myself playing Malyx/condi builds.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

I agree that a CC on UA would be nice, but I’d rather not have it on landing. Sometimes (quite often actually), I just want to inflict maximum Torment damage. Especially in PvE, this is important, as I want to be able to deal competitive condi DPS without knocking foes all over the place. Now that the Torment will be inflicted per pulse, this is even more important.

That’s why I would love to see UA transition into a second skill that detonates the field, inflicting fear or knockback to foes inside. This skill could be called Shadow Smash or Shadow Blast or something. The most important thing about this is that the CC would be optional, not forced, making UA useful for a wider variety of occasions.

The cooldown could also be dropped this way, which is something we all want I believe.

in Revenant

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

I agree that a CC on UA would be nice, but I’d rather not have it on landing. Sometimes (quite often actually), I just want to inflict maximum Torment damage. Especially in PvE, this is important, as I want to be able to deal competitive condi DPS without knocking foes all over the place. Now that the Torment will be inflicted per pulse, this is even more important.

That’s why I would love to see UA transition into a second skill that detonates the field, inflicting fear or knockback to foes inside. This skill could be called Shadow Smash or Shadow Blast or something. The most important thing about this is that the CC would be optional, not forced, making UA useful for a wider variety of occasions.

The cooldown could also be dropped this way, which is something we all want I believe.

Hence my suggestion to include a pull into the center of the field. That way you have both CC and enemies get trapped into the torment field. (Get rid of the chill)

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Hence my suggestion to include a pull into the center of the field. That way you have both CC and enemies get trapped into the torment field. (Get rid of the chill)

i do like this idea…even if i’ll miss badly the area denial of old UA ;-)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

I like the idea of 1s Fear to maintain the anti-stomp utility of the old UA. It also fits as what could be more Anguishing than forced movement, dmg while moving, slower movement and slower recharging CDs. I initially thought a Slow could work too for the landing (to make it more Anguishing when casting is slower) but Fear sounds good too. Who wouldn’t be scared when a six-eyed demon jumps on you? :P

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Revenant

Posted by: ChrisG.1703

ChrisG.1703

I feel like UA should definitely have some form of CC when you land. Either a knock back or a fear. This way you could still use it for decapping and securing revives on teammates in PvP.

Fear would also make sense thematically. I am actually surprised that Mallyx doesn’t already have access to fear.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Fear would be best as it would make more use of the overall theme of Mallyx(Torment) Make it apply fear on landing and then the field can apply torment to anyone that touches it after.