Misleading patch notes?

Misleading patch notes?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

Path notes: “Alacrity will now be available through the Salvation specialization line, allowing Ventari’s Tablet to project it at a constant rate.

Don’t get me wrong the update is cool and all, but I was expecting something more like Nourishing Roots (pulses regeneration) that pulsed alacrity at a constant rate like the patch notes said. The only trait that applies alacrity now is Serene Rejuvenation through Natural Harmony. And you can’t have 100% uptime on that skill :/

Welp I see everyone else in this forum is thrilled with these changes hahaha…

Misleading patch notes?

in Revenant

Posted by: xBlack.4897

xBlack.4897

Path notes: “Alacrity will now be available through the Salvation specialization line, allowing Ventari’s Tablet to project it at a constant rate.

Don’t get me wrong the update is cool and all, but I was expecting something more like Nourishing Roots (pulses regeneration) that pulsed alacrity at a constant rate like the patch notes said. The only trait that applies alacrity now is Serene Rejuvenation through Natural Harmony. And you can’t have 100% uptime on that skill :/

You’re saying you expected a trait-aoe-passive-alacrity with 100% uptime ?
How could someone not laugh at this joke ?

Misleading patch notes?

in Revenant

Posted by: Okami.7049

Okami.7049

You’re saying you expected a trait-aoe-passive-alacrity with 100% uptime ?
How could someone not laugh at this joke ?

Easy, when people like you come in and act like a jerk about it.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

Misleading patch notes?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Ohkay I can see where you’re coming from but I think that might be being overly literal hehe. =)

If it was like nourishing roots it would probably have to be pulsing for 1 second every 3 seconds or something (which would also be a constant rate), I much prefer it as it is now since I really felt like the big heal skill needed some other functionality added to make it a bit more interesting, and this lets you have it up constantly when you need it and conserve energy for other purposes when you don’t.

Misleading patch notes?

in Revenant

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

What’s wrong with 100% alacrity uptime on a ventari rev? You lose tons of damage using it, so instead you will turn in a healer like a druid, but instead of GotL you have alacrity. I can’t see any problem with it really, instead of 2 chrono and 2 druids, you can remove 1 chrono and 1 druid and instead take a ventari rev. Opens up a spot for another class.

Misleading patch notes?

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

What’s wrong with 100% alacrity uptime on a ventari rev? You lose tons of damage using it, so instead you will turn in a healer like a druid, but instead of GotL you have alacrity. I can’t see any problem with it really, instead of 2 chrono and 2 druids, you can remove 1 chrono and 1 druid and instead take a ventari rev. Opens up a spot for another class.

The interesting clue about this trait is that it doesnt even closely benefits playing solo.
Because revs dont really need alacrity, which basically means it is perfect for support and very useful for group play.

I thought the should remove the destruction of the tablet on the elite.
It would be nice if the elite would be a toggle skill (low energy cost, no uptime).
The tablet would take root and cannot be moved but the AoE effect doubles and pushes away all enemies. If you activate the heal skill it will not be ground targeted but it heals in the area and applies all buffs in conjunction with it.

Ventari would be very strong for group support and positioning would still be important.
And the alacrity could pulse even further and have even more use.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Misleading patch notes?

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

It doesn’t in actuality though.
Dropping 1 chrono also drops quickness uptime.
Dropping 1 Druid drops the amount of GotL stacks you’ll have (you need 2 to maintain 5 on the entire squad), and you also lose Spotter and Spirits for 5 people.

You could run a Rev instead of those classes, but for the average team, it’s probably not worth it , let alone pugs with all the awful chronos and druids (maybe not even for the optimal teams either).