More of the same...

More of the same...

in Revenant

Posted by: Kehlian.4380

Kehlian.4380

While all the other professions get a new class mechanic, we just get more of the same. Just like with glint.

Anyone has the same opinion as me ?

More of the same...

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

While all the other professions get a new class mechanic, we just get more of the same. Just like with glint.

Anyone has the same opinion as me ?

They can’t change the main mechanic simply because of how base rev works. Same reason why it’s unlikely we’ll ever see thief without initiative.

More of the same...

in Revenant

Posted by: ButcherofMalakir.4067

ButcherofMalakir.4067

Not me

In my opinion you have much more active role

More of the same...

in Revenant

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

We are getting a new class mechanic, 3 new F skills and a new personal buff called fervor that’s very powerful.

https://i.imgur.com/bTcuJNnr.jpg
https://imgur.com/YbfL6eU

This is much better than glint is now, and even better than glint was before facet of nature was gutted.

More of the same...

in Revenant

Posted by: Kehlian.4380

Kehlian.4380

I though we got longbow and not shortbow ?

More of the same...

in Revenant

Malthurius.6870

It is shortbow.

More of the same...

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Correct me if I’m wrong but… the new spec has 0 access to swiftness, quickness or close gaps in the #6 – #10 skill bar? So, in trade for a ranged condition weapon (finally) we must move like a snail or use the Traveller runes and lose damage?

More of the same...

in Revenant

Malthurius.6870

We may have access to a movement speed trait, but we don’t know any of the renegade traits at the moment… just a tweet from someone who played the press beta saying they’re good.

Otherwise, you can use axe off-hand for mobility, or switch to shiro when you need to get around. Blasting Jalis roads with mace for swiftness is another option. Sword 3 tracks, so it functions as a sort of lite gap close/mobility skill. We have options, and yes they are limited… just wouldn’t jump the gun on saying we won’t have any mobility in the new elite itself… no trait data.

More of the same...

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

We may have access to a movement speed trait, but we don’t know any of the renegade traits at the moment… just a tweet from someone who played the press beta saying they’re good.

Otherwise, you can use axe off-hand for mobility, or switch to shiro when you need to get around. Blasting Jalis roads with mace for swiftness is another option. Sword 3 tracks, so it functions as a sort of lite gap close/mobility skill. We have options, and yes they are limited… just wouldn’t jump the gun on saying we won’t have any mobility in the new elite itself… no trait data.

You don’t lose much by taking Rapid Flow since Equilibrium was gutted long ago…

Assuming everyone will still be taking Invocation in every build, that is.

More of the same...

in Revenant

Posted by: Wishmaster.7693

Wishmaster.7693

Correct me if I’m wrong but… the new spec has 0 access to swiftness, quickness or close gaps in the #6 – #10 skill bar? So, in trade for a ranged condition weapon (finally) we must move like a snail or use the Traveller runes and lose damage?

With mounts I doubt it will be a problem.

More of the same...

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Revenant has easy access to swiftness, it’s just people don’t know how to blast the road :p
Also there’s a trait in invocation that grants you perma swiftness

More of the same...

in Revenant

narcx.3570

Revenant has easy access to swiftness, it’s just people don’t know how to blast the road :p

Taking Jalis is never, ever, the answer…

But even if Jalis wasn’t the worst thing ever outside of maxing your golem dps, blasting your road costs between 40-50 energy (depending on which weapon you’re using to blast) and that’s really only useful out of combat.

Rapid Flow’s definitely somewhat of a solution—assuming we can still get to take Invocation in new builds without severely gimping ourselves. But, I kind of don’t see room for it now that we’ll probably need to take Devestation to be double ferocity bots for everyone. Unless Power Renegade is a thing, then there’d be room for Invo, but it seems like Power and Renegade are not going to be friends in the xpac.

More of the same...

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

But even if Jalis wasn’t the worst thing ever outside of maxing your golem dps, blasting your road costs between 40-50 energy (depending on which weapon you’re using to blast) and that’s really only useful out of combat.

Rapid Flow’s definitely somewhat of a solution—assuming we can still get to take Invocation in new builds without severely gimping ourselves. But, I kind of don’t see room for it now that we’ll probably need to take Devestation to be double ferocity bots for everyone. Unless Power Renegade is a thing, then there’d be room for Invo, but it seems like Power and Renegade are not going to be friends in the xpac.

Isn’t swiftness mostly for out of combat? In combat we have multiple tools to chase enemies. And saying Jalis isn’t the solution is like complaining about necro being too slow and not wanting to take signet of the locust cause it takes up a slot.

More of the same...

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

@Wishmaster.7693

Mounts will be available in WvW and PvP? Call me surprised! Otherwise, if you’re talking about mobility in PvE, mobility is never an issue in PvE, no matter the class.

Good to hear about that trait, because using Jalis and a blast combo to move around seems a waste of time for roaming/PvP.

More of the same...

in Revenant

narcx.3570

Isn’t swiftness mostly for out of combat? In combat we have multiple tools to chase enemies. And saying Jalis isn’t the solution is like complaining about necro being too slow and not wanting to take signet of the locust cause it takes up a slot.

I’d rather take signet of locus and lose one utility slot than take Jalis and lose five.